Author Topic: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19  (Read 24129 times)

Re: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19
« Reply #285 on: March 18, 2019, 10:39:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.

Ya, I've been constantly perplexed by Jaylen's minutes all season long.

No Hayward and Jaylen still only gets 19 minutes, while every starter goes 33+?

This is coming off of 3 straight 20+ point games, but has also been happening all year.

12/21 Jaylen has 21 in 30 mins, next game on 12/23 plays only 15 mins.

1/9 Jaylen has 22 in 29 mins, next game on 1/10 plays only 14 mins.

Was only half watching the game, was he playing bad while he was in?  Somebody give me some explanation.   Brown's leash seems so short especially compared to Tatum's and Morris's.

So I missed the game tonight.  Does anyone know why Brown is only getting 19 minutes when in the previous 3 games he went for more than 20 points each game?  No Gordon tonight and Brad still can’t get Jaylen 30 min?  What gives?  I have been on team Brad, but stuff like this just seems idiotic.  Did Jaylen do something to p--- off Brad?

Only reason I can think off is Brown must not be good enough on the defensive end.

That's what happened to Olynyk under Brad.
Not good enough on the defensive end??? I'm pretty sure Tatum and Morris are playing 30+ MPG rn.

Or maybe Brad doesn't think Jaylen is making good decisions out there.

There must be something Brad didn't like because it's really strange that Jaylen didn't get a lot of minutes when Hayward is not available.
I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG as well.

Brad has never been a fan of Jaylen.

When Jaylen was a rookie, he barely played even when he was a #3 overall pick.
This is true. JB was definitely raw as a rookie, but he's always seemed to be on a short leash. Especially compared to Tatum
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.

This is coming off of 3 straight 20+ point games, but has also been happening all year.

Was only half watching the game, was he playing bad while he was in?  Somebody give me some explanation.   Brown's leash seems so short especially compared to Tatum's and Morris's.

So I missed the game tonight.  Does anyone know why Brown is only getting 19 minutes when in the previous 3 games he went for more than 20 points each game?  No Gordon tonight and Brad still can’t get Jaylen 30 min?  What gives?  I have been on team Brad, but stuff like this just seems idiotic.  Did Jaylen do something to p--- off Brad?

Only reason I can think off is Brown must not be good enough on the defensive end.

Not good enough on the defensive end??? I'm pretty sure Tatum and Morris are playing 30+ MPG rn.

There must be something Brad didn't like because it's really strange that Jaylen didn't get a lot of minutes when Hayward is not available.
I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG as well.

This is true. JB was definitely raw as a rookie, but he's always seemed to be on a short leash. Especially compared to Tatum
This needs to be addressed imo, it's getting ridiculous at this point.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2019, 10:41:37 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face as well when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG. I've narrowed it down to positional rigidity (think Brown is a wing and we need a swing to play at PF) or personal hatred. If it's the latter we need to sack Brad right now to salvage our playoff run this year.

Sacking Brad for the now is not the solution.

The way this Celts team is built, it's looking like this team will not get past the Bucks or Raptors in the playoffs.

By not making any moves to upgrade the team, at the trade deadline, Ainge is playing to win in the summer, not this year's playoffs.

Look at all the contenders in the east, all of them made upgrades at the trade deadline.

Right now this Celts team is built to win the AD sweepstakes.

« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face as well when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG. I've narrowed it down to positional rigidity (think Brown is a wing and we need a swing to play at PF) or personal hatred. If it's the latter we need to sack Brad right now to salvage our playoff run this year.

The way this Celts team is built, it's looking like this team will not get past the Bucks or Raptors in the playoffs.

By not making any moves to upgrade the team, at the trade deadline, Ainge is playing to win in the summer, not this year's playoffs.

Look at all the contenders in the east, all of them made upgrades at the trade deadline.

And then when next season rolls around, Ainge will be "bidding his time" for the 2020-21 season, rinse and repeat.

What if the Celts get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs and Kyrie jets this summer? Ainge would look like an ass for not making a move to help this team at the trade deadline, wouldn't he?

« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:45 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

The way I see it, Jaylen must not be following Brad's system to the letter.

Brad doesn't like it when a player goes off script a lot.

« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2019, 10:46:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

We're also built to win right now, I believe that we can beat any team when we're at our A game. We just need a coach who can get us consistently performing at that level, and it's not Brad and his wacky rotations. I think that a ring this season would be more important than a shot at one in the future no?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2019, 10:47:41 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

And then when next season rolls around, Ainge will be "bidding his time" for the 2020-21 season, rinse and repeat.

What if the Celts get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs and Kyrie jets this summer. Ainge would look like an ass for not making a move to help this team at the trade deadline, wouldn't he?

True.

But we all know Ainge is a gambler.

Here's the thing, if Ainge knew Kyrie would leave, I'm sure he would have traded Kyrie at the trade deadline.

But Ainge said Kyrie and the Celts are engaged.

So what Ainge did at the trade deadline was to prepare for the summer of AD coming to Boston.

« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

And I don't see it when you have players like Morris and Tatum hogging the ball and making awful decisions. Is that written in the script? If yes Brad needs to go.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

We're also built to win right now, I believe that we can beat any team when we're at our A game. We just need a coach who can get us consistently performing at that level, and it's not Brad and his wacky rotations. I think that a ring this season would be more important than a shot at one in the future no?

This team is a flawed team.

The positionless basketball Ainge gambled on is not working.
Signing Hayward, a SF, and drafting Tatum, another SF, was supposed to match what GSW was doing.
It's not working out for the Cs.

Why is this team a flawed team?

Just look at the rebounding.

Also, this Celts team is too dependent on the 3-point shot.

If the 3s are not falling or they're not shooting at a high percentage, they usually end up losing.

This Celts team has no inside presence or a big who can help score when the 3s are not falling.

The regular season record of this Celts team is not a fluke.

This current Celts team is just not an elite team.

There's just too many weaknesses.

« Reply #294 on: March 18, 2019, 10:55:08 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

And I don't see it when you have players like Morris and Tatum hogging the ball and making awful decisions. Is that written in the script? If yes Brad needs to go.

It's more on the defensive side.

Maybe Brown is missing defensive assignments or trying to gamble too much.

Olynyk was very good on offense but Brad didn't give him a lot of minutes because he was bad on defense.

« Reply #295 on: March 18, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Olynyk was very good on offense but Brad didn't give him a lot of minutes because he was bad on defense.
And as I said I don't see it when you have a sieve in Tatum playing 30 MPG and a lazy defender in Morris playing 30 MPG. As for Jaylen making too many gambles, I'd probably disagree with that as what he's been doing is probably what any Celtic defender would do, I don't see him as overly aggressive on that end aside for actually being good LOL
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #296 on: March 18, 2019, 10:59:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

What if the Celts get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs and Kyrie jets this summer. Ainge would look like an ass for not making a move to help this team at the trade deadline, wouldn't he?

True.

Here's the thing, if Ainge knew Kyrie would leave, I'm sure he would have traded Kyrie at the trade deadline.

So what Ainge did at the trade deadline was to prepare for the summer of AD coming to Boston.

AD or no AD, we need someone to change the culture of the team like KG did in 2007. I know they'll never be another KG, but someone who's got a mean streak and encourage the team to be alot more physical (see the teams from 07-10 when we had KG, Tony Allen, Perk, Sheed, etc.)

After seeing his resurrection in Golden State, a guy like DeMarcus Cousins comes to mind (or someone similar)

« Reply #297 on: March 18, 2019, 11:01:42 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

And as I said I don't see it when you have a sieve in Tatum playing 30 MPG and a lazy defender in Morris playing 30 MPG. As for Jaylen making too many gambles, I'd probably disagree with that as what he's been doing is probably what any Celtic defender would do, I don't see him as overly aggressive on that end aside for actually being good LOL

I think we'll just have to wait for the playoffs.

Brad will not be holding back in the playoffs.

It's in the playoffs where we'll really find out how good this Celts team is.

« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2019, 11:02:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

This team is a flawed team.

The positionless basketball Ainge gambled on is not working.
Signing Hayward, a SF, and drafting Tatum, another SF, was supposed to match what GSW was doing.
It's not working out for the Cs.

Why is this team a flawed team?

Just look at the rebounding.

Also, this Celts team is too dependent on the 3-point shot.

If the 3s are not falling or they're not shooting at a high percentage, they usually end up losing.

This Celts team has no inside presence or a big who can help score when the 3s are not falling.

The regular season record of this Celts team is not a fluke.

This current Celts team is just not an elite team.

There's just too many weaknesses.
Of which most of, if not all can be fixed by tweaking the usage of personnel. The rebounding can be fixed by playing Baynes more at C and Horford playing more PF. The three pointer reliance can be fixed by playing guys like Brown more, who actually attack the basket with vigour. Our lack of inside presence can be mitigated by running more post ups when we have a mismatch concerning Brown/Tatum/Smart when a smaller guard is guarding them, as well as feed the ball down low to Horford when he's playing PF. The current Celts are not an elite team because they don't play to their strengths, not because they're not good enough.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #299 on: March 18, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

True.

AD or no AD, we need someone to change the culture of the team like KG did in 2007. I know they'll never be another KG, but someone who's got a mean streak and encourage the team to be alot more physical (see the teams from 07-10 when we had KG, Tony Allen, Perk, Sheed, etc.)

After seeing his resurrection in Golden State, a guy like DeMarcus Cousins comes to mind (or someone similar)

You will get your wish because we'll be seeing a very different Celts team next season.

This season Ainge is playing to win the AD sweepstakes, not the NBA Finals.