Author Topic: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19  (Read 24159 times)

Re: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2019, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
This Celts team is a flawed team.

The rebounding alone tells us that this Celts team is not an elite team.

Ainge could have done something to upgrade the team, at the trade deadline, but he didn't.

The message is clear, Celtic fans must wait for next season.

« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Its too much all Kyrie

Nobody else gets a chance to score it seems like

Look at the Nuggets basketball

And their defense plays with energy because of it

Not sure if you're aware, but Kyrie was leading the league in assists this month coming into tonight's game

If he is racking up assists, he is dominating the ball, which is a minus for this team. Need to look for assists spread across the box score - that is when this team is at their best.  Watch the difference in the team's entire energy when Irving is DNP.
That would explain why we went 5-2 in games with Kyrie over the period coming into tonight's game ::)

Without Kyrie against the Hawks on Saturday, the Celtics would've lost that game in a heartbeat.

Kyrie put up 30-burger tonight? Yes. So this team's problem is Jayson Tatum (and to some extent, Jaylen Brown). It's time to ship them for Anthony Davis with no reluctance.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2019, 10:24:53 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.

Ya, I've been constantly perplexed by Jaylen's minutes all season long.

No Hayward and Jaylen still only gets 19 minutes, while every starter goes 33+?

This is coming off of 3 straight 20+ point games, but has also been happening all year.

12/21 Jaylen has 21 in 30 mins, next game on 12/23 plays only 15 mins.

1/9 Jaylen has 22 in 29 mins, next game on 1/10 plays only 14 mins.

Was only half watching the game, was he playing bad while he was in?  Somebody give me some explanation.   Brown's leash seems so short especially compared to Tatum's and Morris's.

I think it's a precursor to the playoffs. The starters are all going to play 35+ and everyone else off the bench will play less.
If the precursor to the playoffs is Morris and Smart getting 35 MPG while Jaylen gets 20 MPG I'm calling for Brad to get sacked RIGHT NOW and go get a coach doesn't have his head up in his ass concerning rotations.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2019, 10:26:07 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Its too much all Kyrie

Not sure if you're aware, but Kyrie was leading the league in assists this month coming into tonight's game

If he is racking up assists, he is dominating the ball, which is a minus for this team. Need to look for assists spread across the box score - that is when this team is at their best.  Watch the difference in the team's entire energy when Irving is DNP.
That would explain why we went 5-2 in games with Kyrie over the period coming into tonight's game ::)

Without Kyrie against the Hawks on Saturday, the Celtics would've lost that game in a heartbeat.

Kyrie put up 30-burger tonight? Yes. So this team's problem is Jayson Tatum (and to some extent, Jaylen Brown). It's time to ship them for Anthony Davis with no reluctance.
Don't think you can expect a player to step up when they're getting benched for scoring 20+ for three games in a row.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2019, 10:27:46 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.

This is coming off of 3 straight 20+ point games, but has also been happening all year.

Was only half watching the game, was he playing bad while he was in?  Somebody give me some explanation.   Brown's leash seems so short especially compared to Tatum's and Morris's.

So I missed the game tonight.  Does anyone know why Brown is only getting 19 minutes when in the previous 3 games he went for more than 20 points each game?  No Gordon tonight and Brad still can’t get Jaylen 30 min?  What gives?  I have been on team Brad, but stuff like this just seems idiotic.  Did Jaylen do something to p--- off Brad?

Only reason I can think off is Brown must not be good enough on the defensive end.

That's what happened to Olynyk under Brad.

« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Its too much all Kyrie

At this stage I'd much rather keep JB than Tatum. JB plays good defence, vs JT playing some Melo-like defence, and JB seems to be able to buy in to different roles better.

Go be the face of New Orleans ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

So I missed the game tonight.  Does anyone know why Brown is only getting 19 minutes when in the previous 3 games he went for more than 20 points each game?  No Gordon tonight and Brad still can’t get Jaylen 30 min?  What gives?  I have been on team Brad, but stuff like this just seems idiotic.  Did Jaylen do something to p--- off Brad?

Only reason I can think off is Brown must not be good enough on the defensive end.

Not good enough on the defensive end??? I'm pretty sure Tatum and Morris are playing 30+ MPG rn.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2019, 10:29:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This team loves shooting threes but as far as Im concerned, only Kyrie can shoot the three really...once our team bricks threes, they are doomed and will not even bother driving to the basket.

its just really frustrating how Danny could not draft players that can shoot...Hield was available in the draft and he opted for an athlete who can't even make 65% of his FTs. He is always obsessed with jack of all trade type players that can do most stuff but are technically average to below ave. shooters.

He missed on gary harris too ::)
Tatum, Brown and Smart are all shooting from 3 better than Harris is this season. Tatum has a better career percentage, and Brown has the same career percentage.

Also lol, Hield is four years older than Brown, and up until this season had only been a shooter. He's still miles behind Brown on defence

Do you know who Danny picked in that draft instead of Gary harris?  That’s right...James Fluppin Young >:(. How’s that for your stat sheet  ::)

« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2019, 10:29:24 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Its too much all Kyrie

At this stage I'd much rather keep JB than Tatum. JB plays good defence, vs JT playing some Melo-like defence, and JB seems to be able to buy in to different roles better.

At this stage I'd want to sack Brad Stevens to salvage our playoff run this year.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2019, 10:29:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not good enough on the defensive end??? I'm pretty sure Tatum and Morris are playing 30+ MPG rn.
Yeah, that definitely isn't the case. We have dollar-shop Melo getting minutes out there, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #280 on: March 18, 2019, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Or maybe Brad doesn't think Jaylen is making good decisions out there.

There must be something Brad didn't like because it's really strange that Jaylen didn't get a lot of minutes when Hayward is not available.

« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2019, 10:36:40 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Its too much all Kyrie

At this stage I'd want to sack Brad Stevens to salvage our playoff run this year.

That's not happening.

Doc Rivers was in a similar situation before the Celts got KG and Ray in 2007.

A lot of Celtic fans want Ainge and Doc fired before 2007.

But when the Celts got KG and Ray to play with Pierce, Doc suddenly looked like a genius.

I think we have to wait to see what Brad can do when the Celts have a generational talent like AD.

« Reply #282 on: March 18, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

There must be something Brad didn't like because it's really strange that Jaylen didn't get a lot of minutes when Hayward is not available.
I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face as well when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG. I've narrowed it down to positional rigidity (think Brown is a wing and we need a swing to play at PF) or personal hatred. If it's the latter we need to sack Brad right now to salvage our playoff run this year.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:16 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG as well.

Brad has never been a fan of Jaylen.

When Jaylen was a rookie, he barely played even when he was a #3 overall pick.

« Reply #284 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I don't think Brad can say that with a straight face when he's playing Tatum and Morris 30+ MPG as well.

Brad has never been a fan of Jaylen.

When Jaylen was a rookie, he barely played even when he was a #3 overall pick.
Even so Jaylen did play a lot in his second season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA