Author Topic: Playoff games. 4/22  (Read 21874 times)

Re: Playoff games. 4/22
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Offensive foul by Dooling!!! What a mistake.  Orlando was going to get to the line and instead it's Toronto ball down by only 1 with :09 to go.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't think a Bosh 18 footer was the ideal last shot there.

Magic win 104-103.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I don't think a Bosh 18 footer was the ideal last shot there.

off the dribble too ???

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
[dang], I how do I fastforward the day to tomorrow night at 8pm?

Though this Suns-Spurs game should be fun, but I'm getting really impatient.

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not a good play by Toronto at the end. Bosh hesitated on that shot, giving Dwight the time to get a hand up and contest the shot. Bad look.

Two great games by Bosh and Howard. Bosh's defense tonight was brilliant. His guards need to do a better job helping him on the glass, he's spending so much energy just keeping Dwight off the boards you can't expect him to grab every rebound too.

The small ball lineups by Toronto worked very well. They know how to play against Orlando now. Next game is going to be very interesting.

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Man, the Spurs are so explosive ... Duncan just totally stuffed Shaq! Oh, well ... it wasn't meant to last.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 10:38:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Tony Parker just killed the Suns there, he got 4 layups inside of 90 seconds. His quickness is on another level and he's in attack mode. He sees Steve Nash in front of him and is going right at him. 3 of those layups came in the first 4-6 seconds of the shot clock, the other from a clear out in the halfcourt.

He plays quicker than Phoenix. It's almost as if they need to control the tempo just to stop him from getting into the open court.

Hopefully he keeps this up. Great play here in the second from Tony. Manu has been special too.

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 11:08:29 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
suns dont give this one away...

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 11:08:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Tony Parker just killed the Suns there, he got 4 layups inside of 90 seconds. His quickness is on another level and he's in attack mode. He sees Steve Nash in front of him and is going right at him. 3 of those layups came in the first 4-6 seconds of the shot clock, the other from a clear out in the halfcourt.

He plays quicker than Phoenix. It's almost as if they need to control the tempo just to stop him from getting into the open court.

Hopefully he keeps this up. Great play here in the second from Tony. Manu has been special too.

Parker reminds me of DJ in that sense ... when he put his mind to it, he would just explode from one end of the court to the other, or blow by every other player on the court when the clock was about to expire, and you'd be left thinking: Look! It's a bird ... it's a plane! No, it's ...

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I may be wrong here, but I think when Dallas traded for J-Kidd, it pretty much destroyed their hopes of a championship run. Seriously, Kidd CANNOT stay in front of Chris Paul (or any quick PG for that matter). If they kept Devin Harris, who is much quicker defensively and offensively, they would have a much better chance of at least slowing CP3. Now? We (happily, at least for me) get to see Kidd repeatedly abused on the defensive end. I don't know what Cuban was thinking but, how is Kidd to handle the quicker point guards out West (Parker, CP3, Nash, Williams)?

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 11:20:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I may be wrong here, but I think when Dallas traded for J-Kidd, it pretty much destroyed their hopes of a championship run. Seriously, Kidd CANNOT stay in front of Chris Paul (or any quick PG for that matter). If they kept Devin Harris, who is much quicker defensively and offensively, they would have a much better chance of at least slowing CP3. Now? We (happily, at least for me) get to see Kidd repeatedly abused on the defensive end. I don't know what Cuban was thinking but, how is Kidd to handle the quicker point guards out West (Parker, CP3, Nash, Williams)?
Yes, fully agree.

Their only hope was Kidd's effect on his teammates. He's been great for Dirk but there's been little change from anyone else. Josh Howard has been more inconsistent than he's been in years. Jason Terry is less involved and less important. Dampier is Dampier. Biggest problem is their offense is geared towards one-on-one iso plays where Kidd's creativity isn't nearly as important. They've struggled to move away from that, they must have roster changes in order to move towards that.

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 11:26:38 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
suns and dallas...i never realized how weak these team were until 2nite...

in a past thread sum 1 mentioned trading paul for c paul...never...
New O is is runnning but chris is not the sole reason...

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Yes, fully agree.

Their only hope was Kidd's effect on his teammates. He's been great for Dirk but there's been little change from anyone else. Josh Howard has been more inconsistent than he's been in years. Jason Terry is less involved and less important. Dampier is Dampier. Biggest problem is their offense is geared towards one-on-one iso plays where Kidd's creativity isn't nearly as important. They've struggled to move away from that, they must have roster changes in order to move towards that.

Really great observations, guys (TP) ... this had been kicking around in my head, but I hadn't really brought it to the point of analysis. I think you're both dead-on. While the idea of Kidd back in Dallas was kind of nostalgic to me, there's definitely been a different energy on the floor, and it's actually drained momentum from their attack and ball movement. I still like what they're doing defensively with Jason, but I think they may have shot themselves in the foot with this trade. 

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
wow another great game.  pops employing hack-a-shaq again.  spurs showing why they're the champs.  great defense and coaching.

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 11:37:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Popovich is a complete idiot.  Why the heck is he giving the Suns free points when they haven't been able to buy a basket the whole quarter?