Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 49605 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 02:13:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As interviews are confirmed I will try to update this list

Tyrell Terry
Xavier Tillman
Desmond Bane
Tyshon Alexander
Jay Scrubb

I don’t follow college hoops much so I’m no expert but how I’m reading this list is like:
1. Carsen Edwards 2.0
2. Grant Williams 2.0
3. Semi Ojeleye but who hopefully won’t be a bust
4. 3D guy, not sure we have someone like him now
5. Power Javonte Green

Does that make any sense?

Nope

Tillman is 6'8.5 and can guard centers. Better ball handler and passer than Grant

Terry is a better ball handler, shooter and iq than Edwards. Edwards is not a pg but a short eddie house like sg

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Please go for Sam Merrill Danny!! He's a Utah guy!

Kira Lewis Jr. and Sam Merrill ads are everywhere !  ;D
I'm still on a roll about calling for Grant Williams last year and us ending up picking him ;D
Still ticks me off that it was almost Clarke but Memphis knew who we were picking and traded up to get Clarke. We got stuck with GW. Clarke would have been an option on Bam.

To think Herro and Clarke as targets and snatched away.

You make it sound like Williams is a scrub player. ;D
Well he's not a stud lol

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Tyrell Terry
Xavier Tillman
Desmond Bane
Tyshon Alexander
Jay Scrubb

I don’t follow college hoops much so I’m no expert but how I’m reading this list is like:
1. Carsen Edwards 2.0
2. Grant Williams 2.0
5. Power Javonte Green

Nope

Tillman is 6'8.5 and can guard centers. Better ball handler and passer than Grant

Terry is a better ball handler, shooter and iq than Edwards. Edwards is not a pg but a short eddie house like sg
I wish Edwards was as good as House. Let's not forget how great House was as a PG depending on the system. If it was pace and space or using the PG as a spot up shooter House was the man. He was also the PG finishing off games the C's last championship year including playoffs.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Looks like 2nd rounders

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Tyrell Terry
Xavier Tillman
Desmond Bane
Tyshon Alexander
Jay Scrubb

1. Carsen Edwards 2.0
2. Grant Williams 2.0
5. Power Javonte Green

This is not the way to read it.

1. Much more similar to a dollar-shop Trae Young / Curry type. Elite shooter and is now 6'3 and 180lbs.
2. Some similarities with high IQ, but Tillman is a much better passer and can defend bigger centres much easier.
3. Not even remotely similar to Semi. Bane is a genuine sniper from 3. 43% on 575 career attempts in college.
4. Correct
5. Not too similar, besides great athleticism. Scrubb is bigger than Javonte, and has a much much bigger offensive arsenal.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 04:07:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 04:11:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 04:25:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Killian Tillie.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisgrenham/2020/10/08/gonzagas-killian-tillie-could-be-a-valuable-sleeper-pick-for-the-boston-celtics-in-2020-nba-draft/#1c2075a45f45
Really hope we do not pick him. Don't rate him at all
Please explain why not. Thank you.
Sure. Primarily, his health is a huge concern. The last two seasons he's had injuries that have caused him to miss big chunks. He had a stress fracture in his ankle and a partially torn plantar fascia in his junior year, and in his senior year he had a preventative knee procedure. He also has recurring ankle concerns and ongoing knee soreness. I don't see him having a long career nor one where he can play big minutes.

I also don't particularly rate his playing. He's a very low-usage guy who shoots it well, but doesn't have much, if any ability to create for himself at the NBA level. He's merely an okay passer, is too weak to defend lots of 5s and is too slow to defend quite a few 3s. He's got a solid touch but he's negated by top-level athletes (ie the NBA) too much at the rim. He's not fast and doesn't have any vertical pop really.
What he does have going for him is his attitude and his BBIQ, but I think we can find much better sleepers than him

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Killian Tillie.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisgrenham/2020/10/08/gonzagas-killian-tillie-could-be-a-valuable-sleeper-pick-for-the-boston-celtics-in-2020-nba-draft/#1c2075a45f45
Sure. Primarily, his health is a huge concern. The last two seasons he's had injuries that have caused him to miss big chunks. He had a stress fracture in his ankle and a partially torn plantar fascia in his junior year, and in his senior year he had a preventative knee procedure. He also has recurring ankle concerns and ongoing knee soreness. I don't see him having a long career nor one where he can play big minutes.

I also don't particularly rate his playing. He's a very low-usage guy who shoots it well, but doesn't have much, if any ability to create for himself at the NBA level. He's merely an okay passer, is too weak to defend lots of 5s and is too slow to defend quite a few 3s. He's got a solid touch but he's negated by top-level athletes (ie the NBA) too much at the rim. He's not fast and doesn't have any vertical pop really.
What he does have going for him is his attitude and his BBIQ, but I think we can find much better sleepers than him

I think Killian Tillie is a solid risk at 30. His health for me is the major concern. If healthy , and it's a big if he's an NBA player. I would compare him farvoable toMaxi Kleber and our own Kelly Olynyk. At 30 getting a first big off the bench is a steal. Tillie is a skilled big with crazy range and a beautiful jumper. He is a high risk because of injury history but the talent is there.

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 04:59:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Killian Tillie.

I think Killian Tillie is a solid risk at 30. His health for me is the major concern. If healthy , and it's a big if he's an NBA player. I would compare him farvoable toMaxi Kleber and our own Kelly Olynyk. At 30 getting a first big off the bench is a steal. Tillie is a skilled big with crazy range and a beautiful jumper. He is a high risk because of injury history but the talent is there.
He's quite similar to Kelly Olynyk on offence, but he's smaller and weaker. But he's definitely not at the level of Kleber defensively.

Tillie averaged 4.6 rebounds per game as a 6'10" forward playing 20MPG. That is not someone I want near this team

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Tyrell Terry
Xavier Tillman
Desmond Bane
Tyshon Alexander
Jay Scrubb

1. Carsen Edwards 2.0
2. Grant Williams 2.0
5. Power Javonte Green

Nope

I wish Edwards was as good as House. Let's not forget how great House was as a PG depending on the system. If it was pace and space or using the PG as a spot up shooter House was the man. He was also the PG finishing off games the C's last championship year including playoffs.

It's not like House was great his first season (5ppg on 42/35 shooting splits). I still hold out some hope for Edwards. Guys don't forget out shoot. Something about his game seemed off last year. I liked the way he looked to drive when his shot didn't follow. I also thought he was competitive on defense. Anecdotally, I thought many of his shots were close misses. He just couldn't figure it out. I still think there is like a 25% chance he becomes something like Patty Mills. At worse he will bounce around the league and have a few moments where he changes the course of a game with his shooting.

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Killian Tillie.

He's quite similar to Kelly Olynyk on offence, but he's smaller and weaker. But he's definitely not at the level of Kleber defensively.

Tillie averaged 4.6 rebounds per game as a 6'10" forward playing 20MPG. That is not someone I want near this team

You are right about Tillie on defense but his rebounding is right there with Maxi's 4.4 rebounds a game career average.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2020, 05:52:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Killian Tillie.

You are right about Tillie on defense but his rebounding is right there with Maxi's 4.4 rebounds a game career average.
Sure, in the NBA. Pre-NBA, in Europe, Kleber averaged 6RPG, and in the seasons he played legitimate minutes he averaged 6.5. I don't think it's fair to compare Tillie's rebounding in college to Kleber's rebounding in the NBA

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Killian Tillie.

Sure, in the NBA. Pre-NBA, in Europe, Kleber averaged 6RPG, and in the seasons he played legitimate minutes he averaged 6.5. I don't think it's fair to compare Tillie's rebounding in college to Kleber's rebounding in the NBA

There is no way to compare the rebounding numbers  but they are not too far off. When you are a 3 point shooting big your rebounding numbers are going to be lower. I still say that if and granted it's a big if, Tillie will be a useful NBA player if he can stay healthy. He's one of the best three point shooters in this draft. His stroke is a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:50:42 PM by liam »