Author Topic: Boston Celtics at Tampa Raptors. Who's going!  (Read 2111 times)

Boston Celtics at Tampa Raptors. Who's going!
« on: November 24, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So for anyone in the Central Florida area, who's going to go watch a Raptors vs Celtics game in Tampa?

Remember, Florida is wide open for fan viewing, Covid or not, and there are not going to be a massive amount of Raptor fans hungering for seats. So premium seats might be available....cheap!

If any of you long timers here at CB/CS end up going, we should meet beforehand for a beer or something.

Gotta say, might be a rare occasion to see the C's in person next season. The Garden might be shut down straight into spring, maybe longer. The Canadian border as well. So seeing a Celtic game in a city outside of Boston might be the only way to see the team up close and in person. And fighting hometown fans for tickets might be tough, but no Raptor fans will be gobbling up tix in Tampa.

Re: Boston Celtics at Tampa Raptors. Who's going!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 07:54:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1769
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Are they actually doing full arena seating? I always catch the games in Orlando, but didn't think that would actually be happening this year. Cs fans always come out in FL (ORL and MIA), for sure, so I imagine there will be a Celtic majority. Who knows, though, perhaps the Tampa will take advantage of their one opportunity to have an NBA team.

Looking forward to seeing how the logistics work out - I would be totally up for it!

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 08:13:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are they actually doing full arena seating? I always catch the games in Orlando, but didn't think that would actually be happening this year. Cs fans always come out in FL (ORL and MIA), for sure, so I imagine there will be a Celtic majority. Who knows, though, perhaps the Tampa will take advantage of their one opportunity to have an NBA team.

Looking forward to seeing how the logistics work out - I would be totally up for it!
They are seating at Raymond James. Yes. Outside. But still same county. And it's still Florida..... so who knows what will be allowed. I could see them opening to a limited capacity.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 09:36:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1769
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

They are seating at Raymond James. Yes. Outside. But still same county. And it's still Florida..... so who knows what will be allowed. I could see them opening to a limited capacity.

Central FL does seem to be pretty open-season right now. Have been out in Ybor and downtown Orlando several times in the last few weeks and there is no separate seating or reasonable max capacity at most of the bars. It's entirely possible they could have modified seating in Amway and Amalie. Disney and Universal seem to have found ways to safely make it work in the parks...but, as you mentioned, those are mostly outside (although many of the rides are not). Let's see what happens!

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
So for anyone in the Central Florida area, who's going to go watch a Raptors vs Celtics game in Tampa?

Remember, Florida is wide open for fan viewing, Covid or not, and there are not going to be a massive amount of Raptor fans hungering for seats. So premium seats might be available....cheap!

If any of you long timers here at CB/CS end up going, we should meet beforehand for a beer or something.

Gotta say, might be a rare occasion to see the C's in person next season. The Garden might be shut down straight into spring, maybe longer. The Canadian border as well. So seeing a Celtic game in a city outside of Boston might be the only way to see the team up close and in person. And fighting hometown fans for tickets might be tough, but no Raptor fans will be gobbling up tix in Tampa.

thanks i didn't even think of that yet. I'll 95% be coming down that that game...whenever it is

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 11:56:13 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Isn't Covid going to be a huge risk in stadiums?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 08:46:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yam Madar reaction to getting drafted by the Celtics  ;D

https://youtu.be/gn-mRxSa8ZA