Author Topic: Stevens: Kemba may not be ready at start of the season due to knee issue  (Read 12245 times)

Re: Stevens: Kemba may not be ready at start of the season due to knee issue
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2020, 12:06:59 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Lovely. Kemba was basically Iron Man most of his career, only missing like 6 games total in the final 4 years with Charlotte yet he comes here and misses a good chunk of time and now has this long term knee issue it seems...  ::)

yeah ....I know the feeling ...this sucks soooooooo bad

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is why I was pushing for a PG at 14.  Thrilled drafted Nesmith, but PG is going to become a major issue if Walker misses extended time.  We might get an extended look at Edwards, Teague, and Pritchard very early unless a magical S+T with Charlotte drops us another PG.

I could see Smith Jr ending up a celtics by time season starts. Just saying. Hayward>Charlotte, Rozier>NYK, TPE and Smith Jr to Boston.

Also there is always the option of the TPE on another PG. Although I think I am starting to believe that PP will be fine there after getting his feet wet.

Is Rozier and upgrade over Smith?  I'm not sure why NYK get involved here.  I would love it, just don't see why they jump in.
Yes he is. I’m not a Rozier fan but he’s a ton better than Smith Jr

I still have faith in Smith. He needs a good coach.

When he was drafted I was pretty high on him as he reminded me of one of my alltime faves: Baron Davis
I just don’t see what it is Smith is good at? He’s athletic, but not athletic enough to just be athletic.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2020, 02:02:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.healthline.com/health/stem-cell-therapy-for-knees

Stem cell injections for knees
The cartilage covering the ends of the bones enables the bones to glide smoothly against one another with only slight friction. OA causes damage to the cartilage and leads to increased friction — resulting in pain, inflammation, and ultimately, a loss of mobility and function.

In theory, stem cell therapy uses the body’s own healing mechanisms to help repair and slow the deterioration of body tissues, such as cartilage.

Stem cell therapy for knees aims to:

slow and repair damaged cartilage
decrease inflammation and reduce pain
possibly delay or prevent the need for knee replacement surgery
In simple terms, treatment involves:

taking a small amount of blood, usually from the arm
concentrating the stem cells together
injecting the stem cells back into the knee

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2020, 02:09:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Stem cell for the knee is what Kobe did right?

Seemed to work well for Kobe.

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Stem cell for the knee is what Kobe did right?

Seemed to work well for Kobe.

Gasol used it as crutch maybe 10 years ago with Lakers , I think he was going to Europe during the summers .  I think it helped , but he was never a rim runner or speed demon .   I m sure that other Laker center , who eventually played for Cleveland tried everything , and he was useless , both knees were slap worn out , nothing was going to cure him but total knee replacments . Some of this stuff is a miracle for me ....to play light tennis , golf , jog , exercise , general work . Happens to race horses alot.  But the enormous strain of pro sports ....NBA ,NFL ,  may wear faster in most cases than it can heal.  Maybe there will be a major breakthrough soon ....they happen .....Kemba might limp though the season , and play some.  I would not bet on next year.