Author Topic: Stevens: Kemba may not be ready at start of the season due to knee issue  (Read 12251 times)

Re: Stevens: Kemba may not be ready at start of the season due to knee issue
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 06:07:59 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I get that the situation isn't wonderful, but if you read the whole article, it is a lot more reasonable/optimistic than the excerpt posted in the OP from Boston Sports Journal's, Dr. Jessica Flynn.

I am not sure if there is a path for him to get all the way better and play pain free for the rest of his career, but I think this is a 'remains to be seen' situation, not, 'we're totally screwed with an albatross contract' situation. Let's all remember, Kemba was playing very well in the bubble/playoffs up until the whole box-and-1 fiasco. It's up to Brad to coach around that because Kemba is still an exceptionally talented offensive player.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 06:18:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I get that the situation isn't wonderful, but if you read the whole article, it is a lot more reasonable/optimistic than the excerpt posted in the OP from Boston Sports Journal's, Dr. Jessica Flynn.

I am not sure if there is a path for him to get all the way better and play pain free for the rest of his career, but I think this is a 'remains to be seen' situation, not, 'we're totally screwed with an albatross contract' situation. Let's all remember, Kemba was playing very well in the bubble/playoffs up until the whole box-and-1 fiasco. It's up to Brad to coach around that because Kemba is still an exceptionally talented offensive player.

Yeah, I listen to the interview that this article was about and it didn't seem as bad as the OP presented. Sounds like it's manageable. Also a reason why they brought in a few PG's this year to take load off of Kemba and keep him fresh for the playoffs. And since we are leaning on Tatum/Brown now, he can be the third option and sparkplug of the starters.

The Bubble was a bad situation, many games in a short time and no days off to travel which gives you extra rest. I wouldn't be surprised if our over seas stash kid come over next year, he looks like he has potential. I also like Prichard, if he's college game translates to the pros, he's going to be fun. I'm not too worried, need an other wing or bench scorer.

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
SMH.  Why didn’t he get surgery?

Its not a tear. Its arthritis

Arthritis and surgery aren’t mutually exclusive.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Wouldn’t it be handy to have Scary Terry around if Kemba is gonna be load managed the whole year?

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 06:45:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wouldn’t it be handy to have Scary Terry around if Kemba is gonna be load managed the whole year?
No
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I find the idea of bringing back Terry to be scary.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 06:56:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I say give Kemba as much rest as he needs.

Allow more opportunities for Fast-PP and Waters to earn time.

Also more time for Nesmith since it would mean Smart spends more minutes at the 1.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39

You really want I must shoot everytime I touch the ball Rozier taking the ball out of Brown and Tatum's hands?

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 07:43:17 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas

You really want I must shoot everytime I touch the ball Rozier taking the ball out of Brown and Tatum's hands?

I just asked because he seems to be the guy who’s on the move from Charlotte. Hopefully there’s a third team involved where he’ll eventually end up. But i think there’s a also the possibility that he may be part of the return we get from the GH s&t?

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2020, 07:44:50 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I think I'd rather have Semi playing the point than Rozier, and I absolutely hate seeing Semi on the floor for us

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 07:50:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
https://www.clnsmedia.com/kemba-walkers-status-uncertain-for-celtics-opening-night/

Some excerpts:

"Kemba Walker may not be available for the Celtics on opening night when the season begins roughly a month from now, due to a lingering knee issue."

"Walker is developing arthritis in his left knee following three surgeries and various career steroidal injections. Walker received an injection to address cartilage loss in February. She expected Walker to continue to manage his knee for the rest of his career. Listening to Stevens talk it certainly sounds like the knee is an issue that is going to require maintenance."

Afraid to say it but Kemba may be cooked. The first tell tale was when they were talking about the synvisc injections last season. You do not get Synvisc for a minor or acute problem. Synvisc injections are used to slow down the effects of chronic arthritis. Did MJ sell Danny damaged goods?

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yeah, I listen to the interview that this article was about and it didn't seem as bad as the OP presented. Sounds like it's manageable. Also a reason why they brought in a few PG's this year to take load off of Kemba and keep him fresh for the playoffs. And since we are leaning on Tatum/Brown now, he can be the third option and sparkplug of the starters.

The Bubble was a bad situation, many games in a short time and no days off to travel which gives you extra rest. I wouldn't be surprised if our over seas stash kid come over next year, he looks like he has potential. I also like Prichard, if he's college game translates to the pros, he's going to be fun. I'm not too worried, need an other wing or bench scorer.

Who is the overseas stash kid?

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas

Who is the overseas stash kid?

Yam Madar

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/19/nba-boston-celtics-who-is-yam-madar/

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
This is very concerning. Max contract for 3 more years on a guy who clearly won't be 100%, probably for duration. 

Hayward contract was never the problem. It was Kemba's. 

And Jeff Teague is not the answer to this.

Indeed. If you had the choice Gordon Hayward (120/4) or Kemba Walker (108/3)?

I'd rather have Hayward.

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
https://www.clnsmedia.com/kemba-walkers-status-uncertain-for-celtics-opening-night/

Some excerpts:

"Kemba Walker may not be available for the Celtics on opening night when the season begins roughly a month from now, due to a lingering knee issue."

"Walker is developing arthritis in his left knee following three surgeries and various career steroidal injections. Walker received an injection to address cartilage loss in February. She expected Walker to continue to manage his knee for the rest of his career. Listening to Stevens talk it certainly sounds like the knee is an issue that is going to require maintenance."

Afraid to say it but Kemba may be cooked. The first tell tale was when they were talking about the synvisc injections last season. You do not get Synvisc for a minor or acute problem. Synvisc injections are used to slow down the effects of chronic arthritis. Did MJ sell Danny damaged goods?

If Kemba's knee is shot, that's not on anyone else but the Celtics physicians who performed the medical.