Author Topic: Possible S&T with Charlotte- Don't Bother  (Read 14879 times)

Re: Possible S&T with Charlotte- Don't Bother
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2020, 09:46:44 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I want K Love with the trade exception. I know he is injury prone and old, but in terms of the role he plays, he solves a lot of issues for us and he has champion pedigree. Also, a good locker room guy and he and Tristan have good chemistry.

Make it happen Danny. Please

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2020, 09:53:34 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I want K Love with the trade exception. I know he is injury prone and old, but in terms of the role he plays, he solves a lot of issues for us and he has champion pedigree. Also, a good locker room guy and he and Tristan have good chemistry.

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson
I can be talked into trading for love but only if Kembas knees are shot and he’s the outgoing salary

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2020, 09:55:18 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson
I can be talked into trading for love but only if Kembas knees are shot and he’s the outgoing salary

This trade only works if Kemba has a sister that died recently.

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:33 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson

I'd like Love as well, I think his best days are behind him but also feel he's been rotting away and milking it in Cleveland. I feel like he has 1 or 2 good years left, he just needs the motivation and to be in the right system.

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2020, 10:47:44 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson
Hard pass on Love with that contract

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson
Not sure why Cleveland would want Kemba. Would have to be a 3 teamer
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2020, 03:16:20 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson

Kemba to NYK
Randle to Cleveland
Love to Boston
??

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2020, 03:25:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson

Kemba to NYK
Randle to Cleveland
Love to Boston
??
I’d feel quite mean about sending Kemba to New York.

Also not sure that Love is the answer. Even more injury concerns than Kemba
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson

Kemba to NYK
Randle to Cleveland
Love to Boston
??

Yeah, I wouldn't want to do dirty to Kemba, he's been great, but he's not quite on the same time line as the rest of the team now.Unless we could get a young guy whos got the same potential as Tatum/Brow/Smart, I'd rather keep him at least an other year for vet leadership and see how close we can get. I really think if we can get a desent TPE from the Hornets and flip it for a wing, and get one more bench vet guy we could make a strong run.

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2020, 04:45:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
(Wrong Thread)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Walker
Brown
Tatum
Love
Thompson

Kemba to NYK
Randle to Cleveland
Love to Boston
??

Kemba is born and raised in New York. I bet you that the Knicks are at the top of his wishlist.
Also Kemba signed here in Boston partly because of the money, it's not like he took a discount for us (Charlotte didn't want to full max him).

Unfortunately the Kemba-signing has been a mistake. Like there have been a bit too many.
Any franchise makes mistakes. Look at the Lakers, they made a bunch of mistakes before setting it right.
Bucks are the best team in the East on paper and they made some big mistakes as well.

The Celtics have come in a position where they can't make many mistakes anymore or that championship window will vanish.

Is Kevin Love the answer? Probably not. But we have to find a solution to this Kemba-situation (doesn't necessarily have to be an immediate trade), because I have little faith that we will see the full healthy Hornets-version of Kemba again.

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2020, 12:29:58 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I don't think you send Kemba out, especially for someone like Love because then there is a giant gaping hole in the backcourt.

But this would be why I'd want someone like Zeller from Charlotte.  He would get you more than halfway to acquiring Love. 

Maybe make it a 3-Team trade

Charlotte - Hayward, Edwards, 2021 BOS 2nd
Boston - Love
Cleveland - Zeller, Theis, Green

I think Boston would be below the apron and could do that, but if needed a bit extra salary could be included.

I'd feel much better about Boston's chances of actually competing in the East with this roster

Guards - Walker, Smart, Teague, Langford, Pritchard
Wings - Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye, Nesmith
Bigs - Love, Thompson, Williams, Williams
2 open roster spots with Fall and Waters as 2way (maybe you give Madar a contract or maybe you just bring some vets in at some point)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2020, 10:43:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Funny reminder from John Hollinger on not getting too excited about TPE:

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1331974514872344578?s=20

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2020, 11:05:30 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I don't think you send Kemba out, especially for someone like Love because then there is a giant gaping hole in the backcourt.

But this would be why I'd want someone like Zeller from Charlotte.  He would get you more than halfway to acquiring Love. 

Maybe make it a 3-Team trade

Charlotte - Hayward, Edwards, 2021 BOS 2nd
Boston - Love
Cleveland - Zeller, Theis, Green

I think Boston would be below the apron and could do that, but if needed a bit extra salary could be included.

I'd feel much better about Boston's chances of actually competing in the East with this roster

Guards - Walker, Smart, Teague, Langford, Pritchard
Wings - Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye, Nesmith
Bigs - Love, Thompson, Williams, Williams
2 open roster spots with Fall and Waters as 2way (maybe you give Madar a contract or maybe you just bring some vets in at some point)

Walker is likely a part time guy going forward. One of the biggest factors in how well we do this year is whether there really is a giant gaping hole or not. I don't actually think Kemba is that important, but we'll see soon. I think there is a decent chance one of our point guard options ends up surprising us.

Tatum and Brown will distort the defenses quite a bit. I don't think our point guards need to break the defenses so much, they just need to D up, make good decisions and make open shots. I have a feeling that Teague and Pritchard will get it done well enough. It's time to go all in on Tatum and Brown and this situation forces us to.

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
If by don't bother, you mean don't take back something like Zeller, I agree but let's get the TPE.  Worst case we don't use it but I think we will use at least part of it to add a nice veteran wing along the way when inevitably, one becomes available.

As to Kevin Love, no thanks.  I was not that excited about him even 5 years ago.  Plus, unless we send out some serious money, there is no way we can absorb his full $31M contract.  Getting Love would mean trading Kemba Walker.  I am not opposed to trading Kemba but not for Kevin Love.