Author Topic: Possible S&T with Charlotte- Don't Bother  (Read 14883 times)

Possible S&T with Charlotte- Don't Bother
« on: November 23, 2020, 09:22:52 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Force Charlotte to have to cut players, be creative even if detrimental to the team to get Hayward onboard.

What are the Celtics going to get? Some scrub player, a second round pick? A first round pick with 50 stipulations to it?

Let the Hornets do their thing. The Celtics didn't lose Hayward for nothing.  The C's signed two free agents. We don't have to worry about getting "something" back.

Let this be all Charlotte's problems.

Re: Possible S&T with Charlotte- Don't Bother
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 09:23:57 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Think you're missing the point.... the asset Ainge wants is a trade exception. And it's a highly valuable asset for a team with the Cs salary table.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The idea is to get the trade exception, which we could use to absorb a good players salary to get him on board.

Bogdanovic would have been my target before he signed with Atlanta. Now it would be Harrison Barnes or Rudy Gay
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 05:30:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The idea is to get the trade exception, which we could use to absorb a good players salary to get him on board.

Bogdanovic would have been my target before he signed with Atlanta. Now it would be Harrison Barnes or Rudy Gay

Or for a trade like say Beal who could be fed up with Wall and WASH. Walls contract is going to be hard to move until maybe the deadline or next season to prove he's good to go. Beal might ask to be moved to Bos with Tatum in his ear. I know Pipe Dream, but Hayward got 30mil a year, anything is possible. LOL

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Or for a trade like say Beal who could be fed up with Wall and WASH. Walls contract is going to be hard to move until maybe the deadline or next season to prove he's good to go. Beal might ask to be moved to Bos with Tatum in his ear. I know Pipe Dream, but Hayward got 30mil a year, anything is possible. LOL
Would it be big enough for Hayward? I feel like Hayward's contract could start $28m, which would be just too small

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 05:42:21 PM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 1

Thank you for the dream !

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Would it be big enough for Hayward? I feel like Hayward's contract could start $28m, which would be just too small

I'm not sure, I thought the C;s would get 28 TE from what people say, Beal makes 27,  I don't know if there are other factors to it. I'm just thinking the hold up could be DA making sure he gets the max amount back to spend on some one, or He'd just go after some one like Barnes, or maybe Jabarie Parker.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I'm not sure, I thought the C;s would get 28 TE from what people say, Beal makes 27,  I don't know if there are other factors to it. I'm just thinking the hold up could be DA making sure he gets the max amount back to spend on some one, or He'd just go after some one like Barnes, or maybe Jabarie Parker.

Beal is at $28.7M this year. Of course Charlotte could just got for a straight $30M/yr and it could work, but let's not get our hopes up over Beal.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I was under the impression that to trade for Beal we'd be dealing with his 2020-21 salary, which is $28.7m and thus a hair over what I would predict our TPE to be.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

I was under the impression that to trade for Beal we'd be dealing with his 2020-21 salary, which is $28.7m and thus a hair over what I would predict our TPE to be.

Son of A...... Way to ruin my dream man. LOL

Beal can tell WASH to keep some to make it work right?

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Ha, sorry!

I'm not too sure actually. I don't know enough about NBA contracts. I would like Beal here in place of Kemba long-term, but I don't know how that would even happen

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2020, 06:08:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Ha, sorry!

I'm not too sure actually. I don't know enough about NBA contracts. I would like Beal here in place of Kemba long-term, but I don't know how that would even happen

Agree, Beal would be great going forward.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ha, sorry!

A lot depends on where CHA starts Hayward’s deal.

If it’s a typical structure— starting as low as possible, with maximum raises— it would be worth $27.9 million in the first year.  That would be the amount of the TPE.  We could acquire somebody making TPE + $100k, or almost exactly $28 million.

On the other hand, if Hayward makes $30 million in his first season, we could acquire somebody making $30.1 million.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen

Ha, sorry!

A lot depends on where CHA starts Hayward’s deal.

If it’s a typical structure— starting as low as possible, with maximum raises— it would be worth $27.9 million in the first year.  That would be the amount of the TPE.  We could acquire somebody making TPE + $100k, or almost exactly $28 million.

On the other hand, if Hayward makes $30 million in his first season, we could acquire somebody making $30.1 million.

Roy H keeping the dream alive. YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 06:16:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Charlotte has to do something to clear some more cap space to fit Hayward so they’ll have to do a deal with someone.