Author Topic: Tristan Thompson signing with Cs  (Read 44280 times)

Re: Tristan Thompson signing with Cs
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2020, 08:26:01 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I always hated Tristan Thompson.  Now I love Tristan Thompson.  TT is one of the best perimeter defending bigs in the NBA.  He's not a rim protector but he's a bully.  Great Rebounder on the offensive end and will definitely give the C's more opportunities.  Can run the PNR with Kemba and finish on lobs and put backs.  Great pickup for the C's.  Underrated 3pt shooter.  He started taking about one per game last year and made .4 per game.  About 40%.  His hustle is going to be appreciated and when paired with Smart man teams are going to hate playing that lineup.  He can guard most 4's so if the C's want to go big with Timelord and TT they can do it on some matchups.  That will be fun to see.  I wanted Ibaka but TT is a definite great 2nd option to Ibaka.

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2020, 08:27:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
This is a very good move. Very good fit for the Cs.

lol based on what?

Based on our huge need for a big man who can defend and grab rebounds. If we had someone like that last season we would have beaten LA in the Finals instead of getting embarrassed by Bam and the Heat

You had me at BIG !!!

WE NEED BIGS!!!!

Basketball is still a BIG Man's game. The lights finally went on at TD Garden.

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1330319183045922816?s=19

Yeah Brad will coach the tough inside game out of him. Yeah!!

He's going to have to learn how to grab offensive boards from the 3pt line

Yeah because Kanter had to do the same thing as well.  Brad never let's his bigs in  the paint.  Some people will never be happy unless they are unhappy.

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:22 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
Not sure we've actually seen TT play, but man is this crowd going to sour on him when the realize he is not a quality defender by basically every metric lol.

Not sure where this "good defender" take is coming from because I haven't heard literally any statistic to back it up.

No disputing he's a good rebounder though. Obviously something we've needed for quite awhile. Hopefully we won't have to endure watching 2-3 offensive rebounds in one possession anymore

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1330321934450634758

Another good thing about TT - durability. Kind of crazy for a guy his size and with his aggressiveness.

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2020, 08:32:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1330319923873255429

Pretty crazy actually

Facepalm

Danny and Brad allergic to rebounding big man

If they do not let him play BIG they will hear from Rich Paul. Another advantage of having a Klutch client on your team, the league will not mess with you!!!!

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2020, 08:32:48 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Not sure we've actually seen TT play, but man is this crowd going to sour on him when the realize he is not a quality defender by basically every metric lol.

Not sure where this "good defender" take is coming from because I haven't heard literally any statistic to back it up.

No disputing he's a good rebounder though. Obviously something we've needed for quite awhile. Hopefully we won't have to endure watching 2-3 offensive rebounds in one game anymore

He played against us in the playoffs for years, we know TT very well as Celtics fans. We know when he's motivated he's an excellent defender and will kill you on the offensive glass.

If your going off stats from his last few seasons on bottom feeding Cavs teams when he was going through the motions that's widely misleading

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I liked Kanter, but it wasn't ideal that he seemed to be unplayable against a lot of the teams we have to beat in the East (Toronto, Miami, etc.). Yeah he could rebound, but Thompson can rebound AND play good defense. And he doesn't get pushed around by other bigs that often.

We have enough scoring around him theoretically, so if he could focus on hustle, defense and rebounding (especially offensive rebounding), that'd be fantastic 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2020, 08:34:41 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I guess we can still sign Klutch Sports clients. Thanks for taking Danny's call, Rich Paul.

I always thought he was a really good defender. Still pretty young.  This is a good signing.
Thompson just happened to be least interest of LeGM. He would be snatched by Lakers already if he was on a winning team.

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2020, 08:35:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

No disputing he's a good rebounder though. Obviously something we've needed for quite awhile. Hopefully we won't have to endure watching 2-3 offensive rebounds in one possession anymore

I mean, you also have to look at the larger context. He’s played in Cleveland his entire career, and they’ve never really been good defensively outside of a few years.

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2020, 08:35:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1330319923873255429

Pretty crazy actually

Facepalm

Danny and Brad allergic to rebounding big man

Rebounding hasn’t been this teams’s strength, no doubt, but seems like an odd time to say they hate rebounding big men. They just went out and got a solid, physical rebounder. A lot of ppl were ripping them a few hours ago for not getting Myles Turner, who enjoys fighting for rebounds about as much as Kelly Olynyk did. They passed on the finesse, 3-PT shooting big to get a banger with an attitude.

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I always hated Tristan Thompson.  Now I love Tristan Thompson.  TT is one of the best perimeter defending bigs in the NBA.  He's not a rim protector but he's a bully.  Great Rebounder on the offensive end and will definitely give the C's more opportunities.  Can run the PNR with Kemba and finish on lobs and put backs.  Great pickup for the C's.  Underrated 3pt shooter.  He started taking about one per game last year and made .4 per game.  About 40%.  His hustle is going to be appreciated and when paired with Smart man teams are going to hate playing that lineup.  He can guard most 4's so if the C's want to go big with Timelord and TT they can do it on some matchups.  That will be fun to see.  I wanted Ibaka but TT is a definite great 2nd option to Ibaka.

When he’s motivated, TT *competes*. Cs could use another guy with a junkyard dog mentality.

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2020, 08:40:09 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Good. He was always a Celtics-killer.

Mike