Author Topic: Now DA should be on the hot seat  (Read 24601 times)

Re: Now DA should be on the hot seat
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2020, 05:58:25 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
i literally wonder what ainge does all year round?   he's hired his kid,  which is an awful look.  he hasn't traded since kyrie? so he doesn't trade.   he travels the world "scouting" and brings back marginal prospects during the draft.  so that's kinda a waste of time.    And yet he seems to have no pressure on him to win a title.

now that he's undeniably wasted the horford, hayward, kyrie years I can't imagine how he's selling himself to wyc.

Yep. And he’s all run out of extra first-round picks.

Wyc needs to sit him down and say “all of these assets and we have Tatum, Brown, Smart...and what else to win it all in the future? What’s the plan beyond 2020?”

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2020, 05:59:07 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Good grief.

This thread is a bunch of sorry takes.

We just came off of a great season, thanks mainly to three players that Danny drafted. Someone who marginally contributed the past few seasons left for a huge deal elsewhere. Danny's turnaround from the KG era is basically complete. Instead we get a bunch of whining from the fan base.

Now, I agree that hiring his son is a bad look. I don't like that in my president, and I don't like that in my GM.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2020, 06:01:55 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Good grief.

We just came off of a great season, thanks mainly to three players that Danny drafted. Someone who marginally contributed the past few seasons left for a huge deal elsewhere. Danny's turnaround from the KG era is basically complete. Instead we get a bunch of whining from the fan base.

Now, I agree that hiring his son is a bad look. I don't like that in my president, and I don't like that in my GM.

In all seriousness, Tatum, Brown and Smart makes him, what, 3 of 26 in terms of all these gazillion first-round “assets” of the past 7 years? We better hope Langford and/or Nesmith become all-stars or we are screwed, especially if Tatum leaves us like I fully expect.

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Can't blame him for not overpaying guys on the back end of their careers. He was right to let Horford walk at that money and same for Hayward.

He's still done a great job of putting together an excellent young core of talent who already have a ton of deep playoff experience now.

Anybody could have turned the 2013 sucker haul into Tatum and Brown if they were paying attention to scouts. And a GM who does anything besides try to “win” trades would have known to do whatever it takes to keep Kyrie happy so that he’d bring Durant to town so that we could win many titles with Kyrie, Durant, Tatum, Brown and Smart.

So sick of all these excuses.

You make it sound so doable to keep KI and get KD.  Probably not.

An exceptional GM would have done whatever it takes to keep Kyrie happy so that Kyrie comes to you and quietly says, make cap room and a great friend you almost landed in the past will join me and we’ll win it al in 2020-2021. No-brainer, really. We could have moved GH and the rest to make the numbers work even if we were just left with Kyrie, KD, Tatum, Brown, and Smart. 

No wonder he had a heart attack when Kyrie told him he was leaving. He thought he was doing such a good job GM’ing when he screwed up the number one job of a GM: Keep your superstar super happy.

I am down on Ainge right now as well, but he twisted himself into a pretzel to make Irving happy. Made excuse after excuse for bad behavior, let him make our head coach miserable, gave him the Red Auerbach award (insane) and groveled at every opportunity.

Kyrie is a psycho who will never be happy - just watch his cancerous influence on the Nets this season. He has already insulted the new coach by claiming that there is no boss of the team and that he and Durant are co-head coaches.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:10:20 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2020, 06:03:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Good grief.

In all seriousness, Tatum, Brown and Smart makes him, what, 3 of 26 in terms of all these gazillion first-round “assets” of the past 7 years? We better hope Langford and/or Nesmith become all-stars or we are screwed, especially if Tatum leaves us like I fully expect.

Seriously? This is like the Pats fans who hate all the Pats picks, but love all the championships.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2020, 06:07:00 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
 The armchair Gms in this forum are ridiculous.  Fire Ainge?  Wow.  I'd rather Hayward have walked them Danny take on mediocre players that don't move the needle for a championship.  I'm not a Turner Fan.  Didnt want him.  McDermott is terrible.  Those additions would haven't helped enough to compete with the rest of the east.  People in this forum want assets for the sake of assets.  If Turner was on the block as rumored then why is he still a Pacer.  Why aren't there more rumors of teams wanting him. 

We have no clue what happened but so many are quick to point blame when all they have read is media  twitter driven statements whi claim to have sources.  Get a grip.

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2020, 06:07:47 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I'm still amazed at how we played last season after losing Irving, Horford, and Morris.  I expected to take a big step backwards but we took a step forward instead.

No offense, but it was obvious the team would improve. Chemistry is every bit as important as talent.
Need both to win titles. Irving and Morris were both cancers.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
maybe he is stepping down and thats why nothing seems to be getting done or else he is sick or on vacation .   Something at the top seems out of order to me.

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2020, 06:18:55 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
This thread is sponsored by Morton.
ok fine

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2020, 06:49:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Have a hard time pinning this on Ainge. Charlotte offered a near-max contract over 4 years that was guaranteed, and Hayward had already tried to sign there. What was Ainge to do?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
As long as we give Tatum a max extension we will be fine.

Hayward just got a silly offer from charlotte that he couldn't turn down

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2020, 07:11:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
As long as we give Tatum a max extension we will be fine.

Hayward just got a silly offer from charlotte that he couldn't turn down

Is there a way Ainge could have told us he wasnt doing anything this offseason... I have really spent the last three days waiting on some roster moves ...What is the word on Ojeleye's contract is it guaranteed now? lol

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2020, 07:34:40 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Everyone here who is pro Danny Ainge needs to really take a look at the last 4 years.

He has let 3 All-Stars walk for nothing, the “treasure trove of assets” were never used for a cornerstone player.

If he didn’t draft Tatum, he would be out of a job. Plain and simple.

Danny Ainge blew it. He has alienated free agents, held out in trades, and out of all of the assets, he has always been afraid to take a risk.

What is the point of accumulating talent and draft compensation if you will never be willing to actually deal? Instead he try’s to one over everyone he deals with.

We have conference finals sure, but this team could have very well made moves that lead to the finals.

He needs to move on, it’s time. And it’s time everyone here who is pro Ainge realized the wasted potential that he has not taken advantage of.

We have seen all all the following trades in the past 4 years: Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler. Kristaps Porzingis, Paul George, Russel Westbrook, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and now Jrue Holiday.

I don’t care about contracts, personality’s or the intangibles. You win championships with stars and Danny Ainge didn’t get a single one.

I’m not even going to name the countless starters who have been moved over the years for peanuts.

At least Daryl Morey has balls to try.

DA needs to be fired. Pour yourself a drink, take a reflection and come to the realization that it’s time to move on.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 07:39:50 PM by pp34isthe1 »

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2020, 07:40:14 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Good grief.

Seriously? This is like the Pats fans who hate all the Pats picks, but love all the championships.
The key word is championships. BB has a bunch of them....DA does not.

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2020, 07:43:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Good grief.

The key word is championships. BB has a bunch of them....DA does not.

True.
Though that doesn't stop people from trashing BB on a regular basis (insert shrug emoji).
Celtics fan for life.