Author Topic: Now DA should be on the hot seat  (Read 24594 times)

Re: Now DA should be on the hot seat
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 03:58:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I agree he should be.
Nobody has convinced me yet that he hasn’t mismanaged this Hayward debacle.

More importantly why hasn’t Tatum signed the super max yet? I’m getting weary of that happening.

There just isn’t something right about Boston right now, top free agents or stars come and leave first chance they can.

Regardless if he did or did not botch the Hayward deal the perception on the league right now is Ainge got greedy and did Hayward dirty. He wanted to go home to Indy and Ainge prevented it to a player that sacrificed plenty this season for the team.

Kyrie couldn’t get out fast enough, Horford as well. He traded IT, which was the right move but from a player perspective he screwed him as well.

I think Ainge has a bad rep, and it’s time for Celtics management to make a change to save the future of this team.

That's literally not the perception around the league. The perception is that Charlotte just overbid on Hayward and took it out of both Boston's and Indy's hands.

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2020, 04:10:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Ownership probably loves DA's off season so far. Cut salary, get under the tax, still look like you are making playoffs. They could care less about titles it's just keep fans interested enough to sell ickets and ads to them.

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 04:14:17 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
We lost Hayward because Charlotte is a dumber organization than us. In this case their ineptitude worked against us.

In life you either can be an idiot or you can be smart and realize you're surrounded by them. Which would Celtics fans prefer?

I'll take the latter,  though it hurts at the moment.

We will be fine. Our best players are 22 and 23. We're still in a great spot.

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
3 times in the last 4 years in the ECF.

People consider this failure. Toronto should fire ujiri yesterday...

lost all three.

It is getting okay to be also rans around this blog.

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Ownership probably loves DA's off season so far. Cut salary, get under the tax, still look like you are making playoffs. They could care less about titles it's just keep fans interested enough to sell ickets and ads to them.

If we're going to go deep into the luxury tax, do you want it to be because of a player who can't stay on the court and who has under performed here?

His contract was going to cripple our ability to fill out the rest of the roster. Obviously it would have been nice to get something back for him, but having some luxury tax base is a legitimately good thing in the long run for the organization

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I agree he should be.

More importantly why hasn’t Tatum signed the super max yet? I’m getting weary of that happening.

There just isn’t something right about Boston right now, top free agents or stars come and leave first chance they can.

Regardless if he did or did not botch the Hayward deal the perception on the league right now is Ainge got greedy and did Hayward dirty. He wanted to go home to Indy and Ainge prevented it to a player that sacrificed plenty this season for the team.

Kyrie couldn’t get out fast enough, Horford as well. He traded IT, which was the right move but from a player perspective he screwed him as well.

I think Ainge has a bad rep, and it’s time for Celtics management to make a change to save the future of this team.

That's literally not the perception around the league. The perception is that Charlotte just overbid on Hayward and took it out of both Boston's and Indy's hands.

Agree to disagree, just spent two hours listening to NBA radio and 98.5 and the common narrative is Hayward wanted Indiana and Ainge overplayed his hand. Charlotte wasn’t in anybody’s radar.

Whether or not Charlotte overpaid is a different story, the narrative for Ainge is that Indy wanted Hayward, Hayward wanted Indy and the deal didn’t get done.

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 04:20:32 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Yep make money not titles

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 04:20:53 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I agree he should be.

Agree to disagree, just spent two hours listening to NBA radio and 98.5 and the common narrative is Hayward wanted Indiana and Ainge overplayed his hand. Charlotte wasn’t in anybody’s radar.

Whether or not Charlotte overpaid is a different story, the narrative for Ainge is that Indy wanted Hayward, Hayward wanted Indy and the deal didn’t get done.

Sure, they both wanted each other, but at different prices. If they all agree on where to send a player but not at the same cost, then the agreement is useless. Seems clear that Hayward wanted Indy to get close to matching Charlotte's offer, but they didn't come close enough.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm not sure how anybody can look at this roster and honestly say that Danny Ainge has done a good job of building depth and sustainability.
It's literally like practicing cognitive dissonance to say that the state of the current roster isn't Danny Ainge's fault when he's the one building it lol. He took a gamble on Kyrie.

I'm also not sure if people here are over-estimating this team, but we are a Tatum injury away from being a lottery team.
Kemba is potentially dealing with persistent knee issues as well.

Our current team got us to the ECF, but in the NBA when team's stay stagnant it rarely ends up well.

On top of this we've done a horrific job of addressing the needs of the team. It would be difficult to argue that our inability to guard Bam Adebayo didn't lead to our demise in the ECF. That was solely because of the fact we haven't addressed the front court in a serious way since we signed Al Horford.

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'm not sure how anybody can look at this roster and honestly say that Danny Ainge has done a good job of building depth and sustainability.
It's literally like practicing cognitive dissonance to say that the state of the current roster isn't Danny Ainge's fault when he's the one building it lol. He took a gamble on Kyrie.

I'm also not sure if people here are over-estimating this team, but we are a Tatum injury away from being a lottery team.

I think you can say the same for every team with their best player,

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 04:32:54 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I have been saying that same thing after every trade deadline Danny sits on his hands and keeps his precious draft picks which he ends up wasting

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2020, 04:35:04 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

I think they're a little more ambitious than that. ;)

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2020, 04:35:11 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8

Lol our roster currently let's say without Tatum would be:
PG: Kemba, Pritchard
SG: Smart, Romeo Langford
SF: Brown, Neismith
PF: Grant Williams
C: Theis, Robert Williams

That roster is horrible without Tatum. Like we would be really bad without Tatum if we didn't have Brad Stevens at the helm of this team lol.

On that note, I don't want to hear complaining about Brad this year basically the only year that he had the pieces to make a run at a Title in Kyrie's first year he was a top 2 seed and was a game away from a Finals appearance.
Celtics fans take for granted what Brad Stevens is able to do with these players like Theis and Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner that would basically be washed out of the league if not for Brad's ability to use them as well as he does.

Again I'm not sure you can look at the roster above and remotely say that Danny has done a good job of effectively building a roster.

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2020, 04:36:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
3 times in the last 4 years in the ECF.

People consider this failure. Toronto should fire ujiri yesterday...

lost all three.

Cause being in the top 4 nba teams is easy.... I wonder why didnt another team do it.

Sixers with the "wonderfull" rebuilt  haven't even sniff ecf

The great Riley and the heat were nowhere to be found since LeBron left

The Nigerian wizard Ujiri failed year after year, won it all and then the failed DA knocked him out

Bucks with the 2 time MVP wach the ECF on TV and were ridiculed with the bogdanovic Fiasko.

But yes... The celtics are poorly managed

is 'not poorly managed' the standard we are shooting for? If so, keep him. If winning championships is what you want then one in 20 years is not enough. Looks to me like Danny has become a victim of his own success. For wahatever reason some successful deals earned him a reputation of always winning trades. I dont know if that got to him and made him want to win every trade, or if other GMs were more aggressive with him because they did not want to be his next trade 'victim'.  Whatever reason you advance, the fact is it has become increasingly difficult to get deals done that will improve thsi team. If I am Tatum's agent, I ask for a meeting with management to show me the plan and the way forward that is not the Indanas and Atlantas of the NBA.

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2020, 04:36:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Lol our roster currently let's say without Tatum would be:
PG: Kemba, Pritchard
SG: Smart, Romeo Langford
SF: Brown, Neismith
PF: Grant Williams
C: Theis, Robert Williams

That roster is horrible without Tatum. Like we would be really bad without Tatum if we didn't have Brad Stevens at the helm of this team lol.

Good thing they got Brown and Kemba to make up for the loss.