Author Topic: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!  (Read 69888 times)

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard!!!
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2020, 08:39:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone on this thread is saying Pritchard is a sure fire pick. He’s a late first rounder with a chance of being a solid bench player. That’s pretty good for a late first rounder. If he turned into something more that would be gravy but I don’t think anyone is even expecting him to be a starter without a major leap.

I loved the pick and he was one of my draft binkies along with Bane who we picked and traded.

« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2020, 09:43:08 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone on this thread is saying Pritchard is a sure fire pick. He’s a late first rounder with a chance of being a solid bench player. That’s pretty good for a late first rounder. If he turned into something more that would be gravy but I don’t think anyone is even expecting him to be a starter without a major leap.

I loved the pick and he was one of my draft binkies along with Bane who we picked and traded.
Yep. If he becomes a good role player, that's great value for a late first round pick. Anything more would just be extra.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XABUsBZi1Bc

Payton Highlights start at around 3:20
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I think I saw Dinwiddie in there. Were there any other NBA players in that pickup game?

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Too late now, but would've signed Hasan Whiteside!  Kings get him for just over 2 mil!! Incredible!  One of leagues best rebounders and shotblockers.

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I think I saw Dinwiddie in there. Were there any other NBA players in that pickup game?

Jeremy Lin
Hassan Whiteside

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2020, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Too late now, but would've signed Hasan Whiteside!  Kings get him for just over 2 mil!! Incredible!  One of leagues best rebounders and shotblockers.

not really

Whiteside pulled his best Mark Blount act after he got that big contract

Was a non factor in the playoffs last season for the Blazers.

Outstayed his welcome with the Heat the season prior to that

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2020, 12:12:36 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

If Kemba can't start out the season, and if Stevens prefers to start another ball handler with Smart, I'd say he is the most likely starter.

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2020, 01:32:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Jeremy Lin
Hassan Whiteside

Payton is a workhorse.

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Jeremy Lin
Hassan Whiteside

Payton is a workhorse.

He could become a heavy contributor very fast based on these highlights
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

If Kemba can't start out the season, and if Stevens prefers to start another ball handler with Smart, I'd say he is the most likely starter.
Teague is starting

It's hard to envision a scenario where a rookie is starting against the Currys and irvings of the world

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
Just watched the video above. With the obvious caveat that this is a pickup game and not live NBA, I find it really hard to believe this guy won't be an NBA player.

New rule: Whoever in the future points to TJ McConnell as a comparison for this kid should have their posting rights suspended for a decade.

As to this year, I actually think at this point we are understating the contribution he will play this year. This is not a typical rookie: he's been developing for four years in college and is roughly the same age as Jayson Tatum. Perhaps he doesn't have the room to grow as some younger draftees, but by the same token he has an outside chance to have a Malcolm Brogdon-type rookie year.

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2020, 03:40:39 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Just watched the video above. With the obvious caveat that this is a pickup game and not live NBA, I find it really hard to believe this guy won't be an NBA player.

New rule: Whoever in the future points to TJ McConnell as a comparison for this kid should have their posting rights suspended for a decade.

As to this year, I actually think at this point we are understating the contribution he will play this year. This is not a typical rookie: he's been developing for four years in college and is roughly the same age as Jayson Tatum. Perhaps he doesn't have the room to grow as some younger draftees, but by the same token he has an outside chance to have a Malcolm Brogdon-type rookie year.

I think the thing I'm most excited about is his three point shooting. Guys like Fred Van Fleet, Malcolm Brogdon, Monte Morris, Devonte Graham, Derrick White, Shabazz Napier, Jalen Brunson, etc. didn't have his shooting ability coming out of college. He can spot up or shoot off the dribble. I think that bodes well for his potential impact on the court.

He's gotta figure out a way to be a pest on defense. He's gotta get some steals and take some charges if he's gonna occasionally give up some baskets due to his size.

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2020, 04:17:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I think the thing I'm most excited about is his three point shooting. Guys like Fred Van Fleet, Malcolm Brogdon, Monte Morris, Devonte Graham, Derrick White, Shabazz Napier, Jalen Brunson, etc. didn't have his shooting ability coming out of college. He can spot up or shoot off the dribble. I think that bodes well for his potential impact on the court.

He's gotta figure out a way to be a pest on defense. He's gotta get some steals and take some charges if he's gonna occasionally give up some baskets due to his size.
and his lack of qucikness. watch the videos. he may be all right as a perimeter defender, but he may have real problems. if the latter, then i expect good teams to hunt him to extinguish.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2020, 10:05:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Was this already posted? PP looking comfortable.

Payton Pritchard 5v5 runs vs NBA players - Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXU0_vBGr4