Author Topic: Jeff and Rondo + Positive Outlooks w/o KG and PP  (Read 356 times)

Jeff and Rondo + Positive Outlooks w/o KG and PP
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:05:43 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think there's a group of people on here who are not being represented.

It seems that there are the people who want to keep KG and PP in an attempt to try to win it all again. I'm not part of that group.

There's the folks who think to let KG and PP go, but by some miraculous events, we'll still be a contender. I'm not part of that group, either.

I'm part of the group that thinks getting rid of KG and PP is beneficiary for the development of our younger guys. That when and if they leave, I don't think a 41-40 record (probably really 41-41) would be difficult to attempt with a core of JG and Rondo.

You all are going to hate me but I look at JG and Rondo in tandem as a poor man's Russ and KD. Of course, they aren't exact replicas or what have you, but the way Rondo will get JG open and get him going to his right is going to be great. I think Jeff has a better idea of what he can do. I look forward to him working on his game this offseason. I look forward to what Rondo can do this offseason, of course not much. But if his jumper keeps improving, he'll be even more of a threat. I don't expect him to have as much explosiveness as before, but the quicker he gets on the floor with AB the better.

AB is not a PG, but Rondo and AB in tandem is excellent. I think if you keep a guy like Lee to back him up, that's great. AB and Lee can get hot offensively. I don't look for it, but 10 pts a night from them would be great.

I like Sully's potential. I look forward to his development. I still like Shav as well and look forward to his development. We laugh at him for coming from China, but I do think he can contribute in the NBA.

I'm not sure if you use this season mainly for development to create some trade pieces or if you just see how far a group like this can get us. I think if we keep JET, he's better next season. Keep T-Will as Rondo's back up. I just really want to see DEVELOPMENT for everyone, along the lines of what happened with Jeff Green (which I think was half him half Cs). 

In addition, I think the defense will get better. Everyone should be more familiar with rotations. JG and AB will have to be highlights of our defense. Bass, too, if we keep him. Rondo and JG will have to develop into leadership roles (I'm not 100% into that) and we will probably need a third guy to really step it up.

I always think about guys who have to step up when the star leaves. Guys like Paul George and even Big Baby. Nate Robinson, even. They showed flashes, but when given the opp, they stepped up. Everyone will have to do it.

I don't need a championship next season, I just need to be competitive with a group of young guys to get our future going. It's tough living every season wondering if this is it for KG and PP. If I told you a guy show 30+% from the field and 20+% from the 3 for this series, you'd probably want him gone. But because it's Paul, we have so much sentiment for him. I just think it's time to hang up this plan and try something new.