Author Topic: Can Rondo keep up?  (Read 2918 times)

Can Rondo keep up?
« on: December 25, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »

Offline 2dark

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 31
Aside from few posters on this forum we can all agree that Rondo had a monster game tonight.
I haven't seen him so agressive sine the 09/10 cavs series.

But I'd like to point out why so many celts fans wanted Cp-RR trade to happen, it is because of his way of getting buckets.

I don't think a guy, even with Rondos frame can take up a whole season of beating like he did tonight. He was on the floor more times than I could count, and I m afraid being this aggressive is an injury waiting to happen. Even with improved shooting he shoot only 6 jumpshots ( he was 3-6, meaning 6 of 31 pts came out of the paint).

But the other option is probably going back to post KP trade Rajon, where he didn't play like himself.

So what are your thoughts, would you like Rajon this aggressive every game, or should he tank a bit?

Re: Can Rondo keep up?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Man stop thinking so much. The only thing to be upset about is that we lost. I want Rondo to play like this every night without being timid in the 4th quarter. I'm thrilled with what I saw and everyone should be. I feel like alot of folks are feeling kinda silly about wanting to trade him so bad and are afraid to admit it.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I am ashamed to say I pushed for any Rondo trade. He played his heart out tonight and was extremely aggressive.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We've seen individual monster games from Rondo before. I'd be excited if something like tonight turns out to be the norm this season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
this is the Rondo i want to see this season. he was actively looking for contact to get to the line and for his shot..and he knocked them down while dishing out his usual assists.

If rondo can do that consistently, we are a much better team...he doesnt have to score 31ppg a night, but Id like to see him put up 15ppg and take some of the offensive burden away from the big 3

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Can Rondo keep this up? Hell no. Especially when the phrase "back-to-back-to-back" actually refers to a real thing.

And that's part of my problem with Rondo. He can play like an MVP at times, and then be abysmal at others when he's not using his athleticism.

And that's the difference between him and a guy like Derrick Rose or CP3, who you know will bring it every night.

So no, I don't think it's unreasonable to want to trade a guy who'll be consistent and has just as much ability to will a team to victory.

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Can Rondo throw himself at an opposing defense like a bowling ball every game night after night? 

No, not without getting injured.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Can Rondo throw himself at an opposing defense like a bowling ball every game night after night? 

lets be honest though, Rondo is only 25years old...most guys with similar ages like Westbrook or Rose are doing just that every night(and in roses case he has to)

I wouldnt want to risk injury, but we need Rondo to be more agressive on offense this year and get fouls/take his shot if we want a chance.

we need him to take some more of the offensive load

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

lets be honest though, Rondo is only 25years old...most guys with similar ages like Westbrook or Rose are doing just that every night(and in roses case he has to)

I wouldnt want to risk injury, but we need Rondo to be more agressive on offense this year and get fouls/take his shot if we want a chance.

we need him to take some more of the offensive load

Rose and Westbrook are very different physically from Rondo.  They also are better at finishing without being thrown to the floor (Rose especially is good at avoiding contact).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 11:04:29 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
you make a fair point, and even Rose was hurting in the playoffs last year because of how he had to carry that team

but thats the thing. We dont need Rondo to play like he did tonight every single game once Pierce comes back...without our leading scorer, Rondo took it upon himself to be the #1 guy

But, if he can continue to play agressive and look for his shot more this year, drive to the hoop and draw fouls, I think we are tough to beat.

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »

Kiorrik

We've seen individual monster games from Rondo before. I'd be excited if something like tonight turns out to be the norm this season.
I think that's the point that's being made: should we really want that?

The wear and tear on a guy that hurls himself forward like Rondo does must be insane. So many small injuries, bumps and bruises. I know he's young, but that's just bad for your body.

Also, how long would his career last, if that's really going to be his game...

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 11:24:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think that's the point that's being made: should we really want that?

The wear and tear on a guy that hurls himself forward like Rondo does must be insane. So many small injuries, bumps and bruises. I know he's young, but that's just bad for your body.

Also, how long would his career last, if that's really going to be his game...
Since it's unlikely that he'll borrow a page from Steve Nash's book this season, then yes -- it is going to be his game. This, or something less effective.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 11:31:57 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

That's why I kind of want him to take more jumpers. It seems to have improved enough for that and he needs to actually use it in game situations to improve it significantly.