Author Topic: Krstic, early in trade but what a find  (Read 16144 times)

Re: Krstic, early in trade but what a find
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:56 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Kristic can be the best 7th man in the league
just like jeff can be the best 6th
and delonte the best 8th
and arroyo the best 9th

and whoever goes next the best 10th
Probably so, except this won't happen on the Cs given that BBD is the 6th man ;) So this is all off 1 count.
Jeff Green gets priority over Baby. The main thing that keeps Baby up on the list is familiarity with the system. Get rid of that and he probably also falls behind Krstic.

If part of the role of the 6th man is to be an effective spot starter, I think we know Doc prefers Krstic in that role already.

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 07:00:51 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
and delonte the best 8th
and arroyo the best 9th

Probably so, except this won't happen on the Cs given that BBD is the 6th man ;) So this is all off 1 count.
Jeff Green gets priority over Baby. The main thing that keeps Baby up on the list is familiarity with the system. Get rid of that and he probably also falls behind Krstic.

If part of the role of the 6th man is to be an effective spot starter, I think we know Doc prefers Krstic in that role already.

It will probably be Krstic and/or Baby.  The bigs are usually the first to go to the bench.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 07:35:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What I love about Krstic is the rebounding, you can't get enough of that, and he is a machine early and often, a double-double machine even :)

That has definitely been his most surprising skill over the past two games.  I hope he keeps it up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
and delonte the best 8th
and arroyo the best 9th

It will probably be Krstic and/or Baby.  The bigs are usually the first to go to the bench.

I'm not talking about being the first guy off the bench, I'm talking about whom Doc would prefer to have in the starting lineup.  That Doc had gone with starting Semih in such situations instead of Baby--and said how important it was to keep Baby from starting--to me is very telling.

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 08:47:04 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
What I like about krstic, besides the rebounding, is he is getting his points in the flow of the game.  We aren't forcing the ball to him, if he's on the post and doesn't have somewhere to go he passes out.  He is hitting top of key (or so) jumpers in the flow of offense.  Very smooth with him on the floor.
Which means if he is backing up shaq then he could be a go to guy on offense for the second unit.

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
His defense is almost as good as Perk's presently too despite a lot of negative comments about it.  DRtg for Nenad is 101 in Boston, it was 110 in OKC.   DRtg for Perk this year was 99 with us.  So a very minor difference between him and Perk for this stat.  Playing with our guys has made an improvement in his D from that stat too.

DRtg =Defensive Rating (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); for players and teams it is points allowed per 100 posessions.

How about the passing from him too?  That was a sweet pass to Ray Allen from the high post for the three point play.  I also liked the catch of the deflected pass.

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
His defense is almost as good as Perk's presently too despite a lot of negative comments about it.  DRtg for Nenad is 101 in Boston, it was 110 in OKC.   DRtg for Perk this year was 99 with us.  So a very minor difference between him and Perk for this stat.  Playing with our guys has made an improvement in his D from that stat too.

DRtg =Defensive Rating (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); for players and teams it is points allowed per 100 posessions.

How about the passing from him too?  That was a sweet pass to Ray Allen from the high post for the three point play.  I also liked the catch of the deflected pass.

I don't think defensive rating is a particularly reliable stat for individual players.  For instance, according to that stat, KG is our best defensive player.  No complaint there, right?  Second best?  Troy Murphy.  Third best?  Shaq.  Fifth best?  Semih.  Um...  no.  Even if people want to argue for Shaq being a good overall defender despite his weakness on the pick-and-roll, there's really no way that anybody can say with a straight face that Troy Murphy and Semih Erden are / were top-five defenders on our team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 09:45:53 AM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
NK wont mind coming off the bench knowing that shaq can only really play 20 min tops in a night.

given his aggressive rebounding, hes a good complement to BBD off the bench (given BBD avoids rebounding). but they are too very skilled offensive big men off the bench. one of our big problems was the offense stalling when bench players are in. these two (and jeff green) wont let that happen.

but i agree with what someone said earlier, we havent played any tough teams since the trade. so we cant really say krstic or the other new guys are THAT good until after we play some tough teams (knicks and spurs next week)

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 09:51:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think Krstic is GLADE to be shed of the selfish run and gun OKC bunch. Where two guys take most of the shoots.

I wonder if Perk will find his fit with OKC as Nenad has with Boston? His legs better be perfect cond.
He is so SLOW and drags slowly down court and moves in slow motion with the ball.

Boston plays unselfish TEAM basketball at a grind out pace . This deliberate play seems to fit Krstic style and he seems thrive on it.

Most the Boston Newcommers seem to come from non passing, selfish teams. They all seem excited to offer up their talents and to be appreciated for once.

Boston plays team ball...they win together and lose well together , this makes being a new player fell more comfortable.  

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I would definitely start Kristic.  He has some of Shaq's best attribute- to catch and finish.  He can play defense without fouling.  He is also much more constistent/reliable- due to the injury factor and the fact that Shaq just can't bring it every night anymore.

Shaq could be a beast when he feels up to it on a second unit with Green, West, Baby, etc.  I don't think it's smart to throw someone who thus far has been unreliable (though great at times) into the starting unit.

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am not going to go overboard with Krstic, but I will say he has done one thing.  If Shaq and JO are healthy, he has given the ability to foul with impunity. 

One of the reasons they were so good against Cleveland and Orlando last year is that they embraced the "no layups" philosophy.  They tried to play fundamental defense, but if anyone actually got to the hoop, they used their fouls and made sure they thought twice about coming in there next time.

If all three of those guys are healthy, it gives them 3 guys you can be incredibly confident in, so you can really use their fouls without worrying about what happens if they foul out.  That will go a long way to bringing back the interior toughness this team had in the past.

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Most the Boston Newcommers seem to come from non passing, selfish teams. They all seem excited to offer up their talents and to be appreciated for once.

Boston plays team ball...they win together and lose well together , this makes being a new player fell more comfortable.  

TP, I hope the newcomers find their role and their game shape. Murphy seemed to play better yesterday, they need to progress to be effective in the Celtics team ball.

Krstic is a good player, and probably will play more minutes than Shaq, but Shaq will start. I hope JO can play some 5 and I'd love to see JO and Krstic playing together when KG and Shaq are resting. If JO can defend like he did at the start of the season, and Krstic keeps playing like he's doing, I see a lot of fastbreak with Green out of good D and rebounding.

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Kristic could always play...he was a 20/10 type player before the knee injury, and while I think that slowed him down over the years, it hasn't taken away from his game. Fact is, he was asked to be a spot-up shooter in OKC who rarely got the ball (with Durant and Westbrook...and Green...he probably should have been option 4, anyway). He needs to improve his team defense, which he hopefully will by the playoffs, but other than that, I full expected him to be a pretty good player for us.

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I still can't get over how much weight he has put on since his New Jersey days.  He must be over 30lbs heavier.  He looked like a stick back then.  He's a big boy now.

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Kristic could always play...he was a 20/10 type player before the knee injury, and while I think that slowed him down over the years, it hasn't taken away from his game. Fact is, he was asked to be a spot-up shooter in OKC who rarely got the ball (with Durant and Westbrook...and Green...he probably should have been option 4, anyway). He needs to improve his team defense, which he hopefully will by the playoffs, but other than that, I full expected him to be a pretty good player for us.

I don't want to be nit-picky, but his career highs are 16.4 / 6.8.  Even at his peak, he was a good distance from being a 20/10 guy.

I've loved what he's added on offense so far, and the defense has ebbed and flowed.  I still don't love him as a starting center, but as a backup, he should be very good.