Author Topic: Ben Rohrbach destroys Nick Wright  (Read 6568 times)

Re: Ben Rohrbach destroys Nick Wright
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 01:46:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think you can reasonably make the case for Kawhi over LeBron in the playoffs in that he has the ability to get moved onto another star player and shut him down. He was able to stifle Giannis in the ECF and change the series defensively.

LBJ still brings it on the offensive end, but defensively he can't do that anymore not for more than a couple stretches here and there. Certainly not over 4 games or more.

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Nick Wright in general has been making a fool of himself lately especially with Celtics takes.

Anyways, I would not be surprised if his show gets cancelled within the next year. It's just not going to keep working like this with him basically going up against guests who change every day (since Carter was fired months ago).

he is nothing but a MOUTH and mouthpiece for the Lakers .   Sucking up to every Laker hasbeen , and will be .  About 30 seconds of his opinions is all imcan stomach before throwing something at the TV .  He ll say anything LA fans want to hear , no matter how out absolutely false it is .  He makes most of these so,called experts look like Einstein s

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2020, 09:55:05 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I wish there was a Politifact for sports media that logs and tracks all the predictions that these morons make and gives them a NOstradamus score out of 100 based on accuracy.

It would be a lot more fun as a sports fan (for me at least) to be able to see clear as day, numerically, how useless the opinions of talking heads are. Pretty sure Nick Wright’s score would be one digit long.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2020, 10:13:20 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I wish there was a Politifact for sports media that logs and tracks all the predictions that these morons make and gives them a NOstradamus score out of 100 based on accuracy.

It would be a lot more fun as a sports fan (for me at least) to be able to see clear as day, numerically, how useless the opinions of talking heads are. Pretty sure Nick Wright’s score would be one digit long.

Remember this?  :laugh:

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2020, 10:49:26 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

E.S.P.N. "Experts".

Self praise is no recommendation.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2020, 11:01:37 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

That was just awful lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2020, 11:29:24 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I think that Nate and Danny podcast was pretty reasonable (Danny Leroux is a pretty good podcaster imo). I still rate LeBron over Kawhi right now due to the existence of playoff LeBron, but you can construct a very convincing argument that Kawhi is better due to his leap as a playmaker this year. Kawhi needs to show me that his newly developed passing game holds up in the playoffs before I can say he's on or above the level of LeBron though.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2020, 01:05:06 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
I don't listen to these guys but I don't really have to in order to know that their list of 'wings' is bogus.  Luka is a point guard plain and simple, look at the All Star ballot.  Siakam and Tatum both technically play power forward while O.G. and Gordon are considered the SFs if we are assigning positions.

If Doncic is listed on the All Star ballot as a PG but these guys get to sneak him into the wing conversation, then I'm going to take a page from their book and reclassify Tatum as a PF.  I mean, that's the position he plays, it's less of a cheap maneuver than theirs. 

Which makes Tatum, what, the #2 PF in the entire NBA behind AD?  Or he's 3rd maybe?  At age 21?

Well, these podcasters did teach me something.  It's easy to manipulate a narrative when you manipulate the facts that go into it.  But I guess I already knew that there are lies, [dang] lies, and statistics.

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2020, 01:10:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I don't listen to these guys but I don't really have to in order to know that their list of 'wings' is bogus.  Luka is a point guard plain and simple, look at the All Star ballot.  Siakam and Tatum both technically play power forward while O.G. and Gordon are considered the SFs if we are assigning positions.

If Doncic is listed on the All Star ballot as a PG but these guys get to sneak him into the wing conversation, then I'm going to take a page from their book and reclassify Tatum as a PF.  I mean, that's the position he plays, it's less of a cheap maneuver than theirs. 

Which makes Tatum, what, the #2 PF in the entire NBA behind AD?  Or he's 3rd maybe?  At age 21?

Well, these podcasters did teach me something.  It's easy to manipulate a narrative when you manipulate the facts that go into it.  But I guess I already knew that there are lies, [dang] lies, and statistics.
Sounds like you're the one manipulating a narrative here, what the hell does this have to do with statistics?

There are lies, [dang] lies and narratives.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2020, 03:06:46 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Sounds like you're the one manipulating a narrative here, what the hell does this have to do with statistics?

There are lies, [dang] lies and narratives.

I didn't realize misappropriating a cliche was more manipulative than trying to classify the West All Star starter at PG, Luka Doncic, as a wing in a published media piece.  Are you Nate Duncan or something?

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2020, 08:07:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Wright is a blowhard. And he thinks Trae Young is in Tatum's tier? Good grief. Young is a great scorer, but little else, whereas Tatum is a great scorer, defender, and rebounder.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 10:10:15 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Wright is a blowhard. And he thinks Trae Young is in Tatum's tier? Good grief. Young is a great scorer, but little else, whereas Tatum is a great scorer, defender, and rebounder.
Young is second in the league in assists.  Tatum taller and better defender but young clearly better offensive player and play maker.