Author Topic: Who Would You Trade Tatum for Right Now?  (Read 13379 times)

Re: Who Would You Trade Tatum for Right Now?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2020, 05:47:49 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Giannis, Kawhi, maybe Luka. That's it.

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Freak, Kawhi, Doncic. No one else. I don't trust Durant's health long-term.

To me, the tough question is Jokic. When you take a guy like AD, the offense has to go to AD. With Jokic, the offense goes through him. Dude can make 18 footers all day, and he may be the best passer in the NBA. Incredible offensive talent, but he'd be a liability the way we play D.

Lebron is too old, Embiid isn't going to all of the sudden not get injured, and guys like Lillard are a big defensive liability.

Ainge was wise to hold onto Tatum. IMO, he's going to be our best player since Bird.
TP for the good post.  I don’t see why any of those guys are even in the discussion.

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2020, 06:15:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Much like AD last summer, I would worry about trading for Giannis this summer since he will only have one more year left on his contract. Jayson, otoh, will basically have 6 years. Those 5 extra years of control probably outweigh the risk of trading for Giannis and having him walk (unless, of course, Giannis promised to extend with us after the trade). This also extends out to other non-rookie contract players.

So that leaves us with Luka and maybe Zion. I would say Zion is too much of a risk right now, but gun to my head, I would probably pull the trigger on Luka...although I wouldn't be super-happy about it. Hopefully Tatum is a Celtic for life!

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Giannis, Luka, Zion

Embiid is a better talent but he’s always injury prone, way more so than Zion.

Giannis is obvious, Luka is clearly better now and I think have plenty to grow too. Zion is the hard one, I’ll still trade for him since whenever someone is unstoppable at rookie season, he’s destined for domination.

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2020, 06:42:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Giannis, Luka, Zion

Giannis is obvious, Luka is clearly better now and I think have plenty to grow too. Zion is the hard one, I’ll still trade for him since whenever someone is unstoppable at rookie season, he’s destined for domination.

I completely forgot about Zion, but... Has anyone had this much impact so quickly for a team?

Team On/Off splits for him in his first 13 games.

Pels are .400 without him and .538 with him, and the team is a +5 with him during that span, and a -1.2 during the season without him.

They're closing the gap on the 8th seed, from 12th place and 4 games behind with the potential chance to sneak in if Zion's performance keeps erupting like this.

Dude is averaging 23.3 pts and 7.1 rbs on ultra efficient shooting (.573 from the field, .417 from 3)

Pretty clear this guy is gonna be a game changer. Don't know the last time I saw a rookie make as big of an impact as he has in this small sample size. But man, the future looks bright for the NBA if all of these young players reach their ceilings...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2020, 07:08:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Giannis and Luka. All the other guys clearly a tier or two above Tatum are either old (LeBron), have injury questions (Kawhi) or are both (Durant/Curry).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I dunno but definitely not Drummond.

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I dunno but definitely not Drummond.

Okay thanks for the input Fierce1.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2020, 08:28:45 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Before the season, as laughable as it seems now Jaren Jackson Jr.

Now? No one. Tatum is the most polished young scorer in the league. Doncic is good, maybe better, but I'm not sold on his athleticism.

Maybe Giannis is a better long-term option but I'd rather be a fan of the Tatum team. This team has Golden State potential. There is no Tatum trade scenario that would make me feel better than what we have now.

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U262_a9aV4

No one.   The only guy I'd start to consider would be Giannis, but Tatum in the last month has erased all doubt for me... He can be a top 5 player in the league, with the ability to score like Durant, while having an elite defensive impact.  He is TWENTY ONE (which makes the Kuzma comparisons we had to deal with at the beginning of the season even more hilarious.)

I know Giannis is a different beast, but we cannot understate Tatum's age.  Imagine if Giannis had Tatum's footwork and shot making ability right now... He'd be the greatest player of all time.  Tatum is STILL a boy.  He has 4-5 more years of physical development and I expect him as early as next season to start physically dominating players, not just outplaying them.

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Giannis, Luka, Zion

I completely forgot about Zion, but... Has anyone had this much impact so quickly for a team?

Pels are .400 without him and .538 with him, and the team is a +5 with him during that span, and a -1.2 during the season without him.

They're closing the gap on the 8th seed, from 12th place and 4 games behind with the potential chance to sneak in if Zion's performance keeps erupting like this.

Dude is averaging 23.3 pts and 7.1 rbs on ultra efficient shooting (.573 from the field, .417 from 3)

Pretty clear this guy is gonna be a game changer. Don't know the last time I saw a rookie make as big of an impact as he has in this small sample size. But man, the future looks bright for the NBA if all of these young players reach their ceilings...

There hasn't been one, at his age. The closest you can think of would be Shaq, who was a year older.

Worth noting also that his scoring is coming in limited minutes...he's at almost 30pp36, which is insane for someone that young. Add in his efficiency and +/-, and you have something pretty unique.

I still might take Tatum, though, but only because Zion seems to have a very risky physical profile and game, injury-wise. He could have a Larry Johnson-type outcome.

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Tatum is the Diamond of that Brooklyn trade...Gonna be a Super Star for the next 10+ years...Sign him Long Term, like Jaylen...No trades for either guy.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2020, 03:35:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Before the season, as laughable as it seems now Jaren Jackson Jr.

Now? No one. Tatum is the most polished young scorer in the league. Doncic is good, maybe better, but I'm not sold on his athleticism.

Maybe Giannis is a better long-term option but I'd rather be a fan of the Tatum team. This team has Golden State potential. There is no Tatum trade scenario that would make me feel better than what we have now.

At the beginning of the season Doncic, but watching Tatum as a two way player this year and just dominating, I think he's untradeable at this point. Too good, too young....

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Nobody! Tatum has inside outside and mid range. Once he gets the ster..oops I meant the nutrition Giannis Lebron and Kaehi are getting he will be a monster with a three point shot.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:29:24 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2020, 05:29:18 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Giannis, Luka, Zion

There hasn't been one, at his age. The closest you can think of would be Shaq, who was a year older.

Worth noting also that his scoring is coming in limited minutes...he's at almost 30pp36, which is insane for someone that young. Add in his efficiency and +/-, and you have something pretty unique.

I still might take Tatum, though, but only because Zion seems to have a very risky physical profile and game, injury-wise. He could have a Larry Johnson-type outcome.

Embiid’s first season maybe