Author Topic: "You have to want for your brother what you want for yourself"  (Read 5535 times)

Re: "You have to want for your brother what you want for yourself"
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 03:47:55 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Jaylen has had a lot of positive quotables in his career, he has a been mature guy his entire career but this season, it has reached all time status! This is only a drop in the pan of the things JB has said. He has become a very vocal leader this season too! Just watch any game, it's jaylen who is calling huddles or talking to the guys during breaks in action! All the usual thought of leaders of the team do it but Jaylen has been the most vocal (that's shown of course), even during games where he's been a little off, he still coaches guys and himself to keep fighting! He just said how he and the others have to give JT more support when he performs like he did against the Lakers even though he didn't have a poor night himself (was off offensively most of the night until the 4th)!

He's also right, people have tried to pit them against each other the entire time! I hope they both realize that they can excel together, if they look at the league over the years they should see players leave teams to find what they have and could have together! Tatum will certainly get the shine, it's going to be really hard on JB as I'm sure it has been already to be okay with that, he has to fight the ego a bit in him and still dominate on the side like Pippen, wade, bosh, Kobe (for a time), etc! LBJ devastated a fan base to go and find what the Jays could have already!

I wish Cs media would try to push them closer instead of trying to pick and find why they should be Jealous and not try to pull them apart! Sure, that would be a little homer-ish but it's not like they don't do A LOT to help put forth biased narratives of whatever the team/players want all the time!!

#JAYSFOREVER

They've been pushing it for years but reporters have been trying hard over the past month or so in particular to find some cracks in Jaylen's facade, as Tatum has elevated his game, they keep asking Jaylen "so how does Tatum playing so well make YOU (emphasis on you) feel?" or "how does Tatum going off playing like that make YOU (emphasis on you) feel?" i.e. given that Jaylen was drafted first, he took Jayson under his wing in 2017-18, then he got surpassed both in terms of perception (All Star selection) and in terms of stats. I understand reporters want to find a human drama angle to things but they've been pushing this Jaylen vs Jayson narrative for too long. They can both thrive. They play the same position but not exactly the same role, and they have different strengths.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D