Author Topic: Houston. And the Houston game coming up  (Read 5287 times)

Re: Houston. And the Houston game coming up
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 05:36:39 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
We played our starters almost the whole game, our bench is poor and CBS knows it.

I wonder if part of it is this so-called Top 5 hierarchy that Stevens keeps talking about. He makes sure at least one, usually 2, of the Top 5 are on the court at any one time by staggering replacements, and all the activity is funneled towards them, meaning the bench is just there as backup. Last year, because we were very deep, he would do 4 or even 5-man replacements and had a clear first and second unit. This year one of our Top 5 is on each on court unit, and as a result each of them are averaging double figures.

Also, Marcus technically is part of the bench, so hopefully their production will improve when Kemba is back.

But we definitely don't have a player who can impact the game from a scoring perspective on the bench, other than Kanter who seems to have regressed after his hip injury. Unlike last year when we had Jaylen, Gordon and Terry. I guess our issue back then was that the bench guys didn't know their place, now our issue is they don't seem to have a place  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D