Author Topic: Jayson Tatum's improved play  (Read 18680 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum's improved play
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Problem is our next The Truth in Boston.

He's going to be better than The Truth before all is said & done.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2020, 10:46:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

He really does look like he will be which still seems nuts to me but he's on track.

I really think he's going to make all-nba with this late surge. Which puts him as reaching that and all-star status at 21, where Pierce achieved it at 24. (3rd year for Tatum, 4th year for Pierce)

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2020, 11:28:04 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He really does look like he will be which still seems nuts to me but he's on track.

I really think he's going to make all-nba with this late surge. Which puts him as reaching that and all-star status at 21, where Pierce achieved it at 24. (3rd year for Tatum, 4th year for Pierce)
This late surge is just nuts - he's getting up there in both box and non-box metrics. Eating sweet crow on Tatum :)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2020, 11:35:23 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don’t want him All-NBA until after his rookie contract is done, so he isn’t eligible for the 30% max.  He can play at that level, but I would like the voters to deny him the honor until year 5.

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I don’t want him All-NBA until after his rookie contract is done, so he isn’t eligible for the 30% max.  He can play at that level, but I would like the voters to deny him the honor until year 5.
It's very much possible - plenty of deserving players have been snubbed of All-League honours in favour of lesser players.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2020, 11:58:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Seeing now that if Tatum continues his developmental path, he has the possibility of being a 1st team All-NBA and/or an MVP in his future and that Romeo is looking like he might be a high quality player, that trade by Danny is looking like grand larceny.

Tatum and Langford for Fultz.

I tip my hat to you Danny.

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »

Offline Jban13

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Tatum’s improved play has been amazing over the last month+. Has taken an big leap and if he can continue this in the playoffs it raises our playoff ceiling significantly. Out of curiousity: Anyone know what the max contract extension we can give Tatum after this year is?

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Seeing now that if Tatum continues his developmental path, he has the possibility of being a 1st team All-NBA and/or an MVP in his future and that Romeo is looking like he might be a high quality player, that trade by Danny is looking like grand larceny.

Yeah, I did not expect this kind of third year leap. He’s already in Paul George territory.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2020, 12:19:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Someone should set that up as a daily reminder on the Liberty Ballers page.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2020, 12:21:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It's going to be cutting it close. There has to be one Center on each of the teams, correct? So that would mean: Giannis, Kawhi, Lebron, AD, and Siakam are probably definites. That would leave: Tatum,  George, Butler, and maybe Ingram to fight over that last spot. I would say it's currently Butler's to lose, but if Tatum keeps up the pace he's on, it will be hard to leave him off.

That is saying nothing about next year, and with Tatum's popularity, he will really need to stagnate not to make it (we don't want that). KD will be back, though, so maybe he just keeps Tatum off.

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

It's going to be cutting it close. There has to be one Center on each of the teams, correct? So that would mean: Giannis, Kawhi, Lebron, AD, and Siakam are probably definites. That would leave: Tatum,  George, Butler, and maybe Ingram to fight over that last spot. I would say it's currently Butler's to lose, but if Tatum keeps up the pace he's on, it will be hard to leave him off.

That is saying nothing about next year, and with Tatum's popularity, he will really need to stagnate not to make it (we don't want that). KD will be back, though, so maybe he just keeps Tatum off.
Tatum has moved ahead of Siakam, in my book. I wouldn't have Siakam as a definite.

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405

AD will probably be a center on those All-NBA teams to free up another forward slot. Too many deserving forwards to choose from.

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Let's hope Tatum gets the honor..... a year from now.

IMO, he's on the bubble at this point, but if he continues to play like yesterday, there's no stopping it.

There's about a dozen guys who are locks, then Tatum, Siakham, Gobert, Young, Kemba, maybe PG13, Middleton, Lowery, Simmons all with legit claims to those last 3 or 4 spots.

Although, that ship is on the verge of sailing already, 4 of Tatum's best games have been against the LA teams, all nationally televised.

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Let's hope Tatum gets the honor..... a year from now.

IMO, he's on the bubble at this point, but if he continues to play like yesterday, there's no stopping it.

There's about a dozen guys who are locks, then Tatum, Siakham, Gobert, Young, Kemba, maybe PG13, Middleton, Lowery, Simmons all with legit claims to those last 3 or 4 spots.

Although, that ship is on the verge of sailing already, 4 of Tatum's best games have been against the LA teams, all nationally televised.
According the Saltlover the ideal time for him to receive All-NBA honours is his 5th year, since he'll be ineligible for the 30% max in such a scenario.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2020, 01:28:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Actually, if Tatum makes All-NBA this season but doesn't next season, he isn't eligible for the 30% pay level. So, technically,  Tatum wouldn't need to wait to his 5th year to make an All-NBA team to avoid that 30% number.

From Coon:

In order to qualify for the higher maximum salary, players must meet certain performance criteria1. At least one of the following must be true:

The player was named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team in the most recent season, or both of the two seasons that preceded the most recent season.

The player was named the Defensive Player of the Year in the most recent season, or both of the two seasons that preceded the most recent season.

The player was named the NBA Most Valuable Player in any of the three most recent seasons.

For example, if this is the 2018 offseason, then a player met the performance criteria if he accomplished any of the following:

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team in 2017-18

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team in both 2015-16 and 2016-17

Named the Defensive Player of the Year in 2017-18

Named the Defensive Player of the Year in both 2015-16 and 2016-17

Named the NBA Most Valuable Player in 2015-16, 2016-17 or 2017-18