Author Topic: The All LeBron Hate Thread!  (Read 7429 times)

Re: The All LeBron Hate Thread!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 04:29:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 04:31:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I remember when I was a young boy in the early 90s and I had yet to accept that the Celtics were done... I hated Michael Jordan.  I was actually giddy when he retired.   Eventually as I got older I realized he was incredible and a joy to watch.

The main thing I hate about LeBron James ... is that he doesn't play for Boston.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I remember when I was a young boy in the early 90s and I had yet to accept that the Celtics were done... I hated Michael Jordan.  I was actually giddy when he retired.   Eventually as I got older I realized he was incredible and a joy to watch.

The main thing I hate about LeBron James ... is that he doesn't play for Boston.

TP, this is where I am at.

Although it does absolutely infuriate me as a basketball fan that he still has not perfected his post game.  Its good for us as C's fan, but it is holding him back from being the greatest ever IMO.

Oh yeah, and the whining is annoying, and beneath him.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup

I felt differently about Jordan.  I latched onto him because the Celtics had become hopeless (though I still watched and rooted for them). I enjoyed watching MJ play and I felt like any time he played you could see something historical - like when Bird was in his prime. 

I admire Lebron's talents, but I don't get the same sense of awe.  As a player, I'd rather watch Kobe or Wade do their things. 
Yup

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 05:01:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 691
  • MASTER OF PANIC

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 05:02:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well if you thought WADE was an actress, a foul magnet...you ain't seen nothing yet....!

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 05:23:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I remember when I was a young boy in the early 90s and I had yet to accept that the Celtics were done... I hated Michael Jordan.  I was actually giddy when he retired.   Eventually as I got older I realized he was incredible and a joy to watch.

I felt differently about Jordan.  I latched onto him because the Celtics had become hopeless (though I still watched and rooted for them). I enjoyed watching MJ play and I felt like any time he played you could see something historical - like when Bird was in his prime.  

I admire Lebron's talents, but I don't get the same sense of awe.  As a player, I'd rather watch Kobe or Wade do their things.  

Were you a kid when you watched Jordan/Bird?  Maybe that's why you don't have the same sense of awe watching LeBron?  

I admit LeBron does some annoying things.  I was annoyed watching his teammates laugh and joke on the bench or do some stupid dances.  Last night I thought it was silly that he tried to have  "Jordan shooting free throw with eyes closed" moment and shoot left handed (even though he played it off like his arm hurt).   Obviously he does some annoying things that could help feed a "hate" if you're jealous of his dominance.   But he is pretty incredible to watch.   You cant see a guy drop 40, 10 and 10 like it's no big deal and not be impressed.

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I hope we see a lot of this over the next week or so.   ;)

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Am I the only one who remember this one?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpg2eYWbB7A
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I remember when I was a young boy in the early 90s and I had yet to accept that the Celtics were done... I hated Michael Jordan.  I was actually giddy when he retired.   Eventually as I got older I realized he was incredible and a joy to watch.

I felt differently about Jordan.  I latched onto him because the Celtics had become hopeless (though I still watched and rooted for them). I enjoyed watching MJ play and I felt like any time he played you could see something historical - like when Bird was in his prime.  

I admire Lebron's talents, but I don't get the same sense of awe.  As a player, I'd rather watch Kobe or Wade do their things.  

Were you a kid when you watched Jordan/Bird?  Maybe that's why you don't have the same sense of awe watching LeBron?  

I admit LeBron does some annoying things.  I was annoyed watching his teammates laugh and joke on the bench or do some stupid dances.  Last night I thought it was silly that he tried to have  "Jordan shooting free throw with eyes closed" moment and shoot left handed (even though he played it off like his arm hurt).   Obviously he does some annoying things that could help feed a "hate" if you're jealous of his dominance.   But he is pretty incredible to watch.   You cant see a guy drop 40, 10 and 10 like it's no big deal and not be impressed.

I agree with both of you - my biggest regret as a fan of basketball is that I didn't appreciate Jordan, because I hated him.  I don't want to make the same mistake with LeBron.

Statistically, LeBron is every bit as impressive as Jordan, maybe more so.  Winning-wise, he's got a long way to go of course.  But I don't enjoy his game nearly as much as Jordan's.  Jordan was all about explosive athleticism, willpower, and clutch performance.  LeBron is more about combining extraordinary strength with extreme agility.  He seems mentally strong but doesn't have the same indomitable will as Jordan, and he doesn't come through in the clutch nearly as consistently, either from the field or the line.

I'm impressed with what LeBron can do out there, but I'm just not that into how he does it.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 07:02:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

LEFRAUD SHAMES!!!!