Author Topic: CelticsBlog in the media AND Leon Powe  (Read 1621 times)

CelticsBlog in the media AND Leon Powe
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
So the Freakonomics guys have made the lack of minutes given to Leon Powe the topic of their most recent blog post on the New York Times webpage.  The title is "Where In The World Is Leon Powe?":

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/where-in-the-world-is-leon-powe/#more-2668

In one paragraph, they talk about blog commentary on Leon Powe.  The second link is a link to, you guessed it, a Celtics Blog conversation titled "Where is Leon Powe?".

Beyond the link to CelticsBlog on the New York Times web page, I think it is very interesting the Freakonomics guys chose to write about Powe.  I thought their column on Mark Zarren and his attempt to introduce data analysis into basketball, much in the way it was previously done in baseball, was fascinating.

Re: CelticsBlog in the media AND Leon Powe
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:44:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It is amazing that this is not getting a little more attention from the guys calling the game.  Its great to see someone checking out this blog though.  I think you may be surprised by how many different media types follow these blogs pretty closely.

Re: CelticsBlog in the media AND Leon Powe
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
from how i found this blog back in the day a grip of people gotta be peepin us out~