Author Topic: Eddie Palladino mocks "Deeeeetroit"  (Read 3416 times)

Eddie Palladino mocks "Deeeeetroit"
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure if it actually happened, but it sure sounded like the Voice of the Celtics, Eddie Palladino, was mocking John Mason last night.

It was in the second quarter and the Celtics had fallen behind by 6 and then made their comeback. Ray Allen sealed the surge back with a three pointer to make it 44-42 and the game went to a timeout.

As Palladino was announcing the timeout after the crowd went nuts he announced it by saying "Timeout Deeeeeeeetroit".

I couldn't help but laugh. That a way to start a rivalry, huh. Have the PA announcers start making fun of each other. I guess Eddie taught that Mickety-mack-mack-heart-attack John Mason a thing or two. :D

Classic Boston sports arrogance. I sooooooo love being a Celtic fan!!!

(BTW, I think that's what I heard can anyone please confirm this)

Re: Eddie Palladino mocks "Deeeeetroit"
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
yeah, I heard it too... he said " Deeeeeeetroit Tiiiimeout"

I love it.....

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »

Offline Jughead

• Broadcast Manager
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
That absolutely did happen - I talked about it on the postgame podcap from last night as well.  Hilarious!  Good for Eddie.  I meant to ask one of the Pistons players after the game about it, but didn't get around to getting in their locker room...

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I thought I heard that too.  It is pretty funny to make fun of that embarrassment of an announcer.  That being said I hope it's a one time thing.  The Palace is the last place in the NBA I would go to watch a game.  It is a workshop of bells and whistles and annoying name announcing.  I understand, as Rasheed said, "this is beepity beep beep entertainment."  However let the game be played.  The Celtics have added more and more to the entertainment, however I think they are still one of the few arenas that let's the game be played.  The announcer is great, the intro is intense but toned down, not as gimmicky as others.  We don't pump annoying rap into the building while the players are trying to play the game.  I want it to stay that way, close to how Red would like it.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
shows a lack of class...let's await the mocking until we move on. 

i'm guessing mason will have something up his sleeve for game 6...or maybe that goon is above this?

i know i'll probably get piled on here, but i don't like it when a historic franchise like the celtics stoops to low levels like this...it might be done in jest, but it's not necessary and lacks respect.  we are not the gimmicky pistons who need some ass-clown for a PA guy and a muffler blowing smoke in the air. 

we are THE Celtics, who put banners in the rafters, smoke victory cigars, and play organ music...and then proceed to kick your ass on the basketball court.

or we used to...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

i'm guessing mason will have something up his sleeve for game 6...or maybe that goon is above this?

i know i'll probably get piled on here, but i don't like it when a historic franchise like the celtics stoops to low levels like this...it might be done in jest, but it's not necessary and lacks respect.  we are not the gimmicky pistons who need some ass-clown for a PA guy and a muffler blowing smoke in the air. 

we are THE Celtics, who put banners in the rafters, smoke victory cigars, and play organ music...and then proceed to kick your ass on the basketball court.

or we used to...

what could mason possabley have up his sleeve, he's a street ball clown, he does all gimmick stuff anyway.

I don't have a problem with it as long as its a one time thing, eddie's just probley as ticked as we are with the lack of profesinlism in detroit.

not saying eddie's super profesional, but it was a good little joke, i didn't mind it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I thought I heard him say Detroit, but I thought I was mistaken.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yeah, I definitely picked up on it myself.  It was only a couple of times but it definitely was noticeable.  I have no problems with it.  It was an emotional night and a fun game. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

or we used to...

I hear you barking AJ, and I'm with you, but the time's they are a changin'.
Yup