Poll

Void

Void
Void

Author Topic: Doc Rivers  (Read 37934 times)

Doc Rivers
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »

Offline jazziz58

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
Ray Allen haven't done anything during the playoffs why haven't doc played eddie house?

Re: Doc Rivers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
"hasn't "is the proper word in that sentence, not "haven't...that goes ditto for the second "haven't"

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
eddie really has not had experience playing the off guard
and apparently he cant handle the ball pressure when settin up the offense this series.
cant blame doc on this one. team should of just stayed at the hotel. dont see how millionaire players who have a chance at something great dont show any emotion and really dont compete.if it wasnt for free-throws this gane would of been over with 5 minutes left in the 1st

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It looks like you had a little trouble with the poll, so I voided it out.

Doc wasn't great tonight.  I'm not sure he deserves a tremendous amount of blame when Rondo, Ray, Pierce, and KG are all terrible, but it wasn't his best performance.

I'm sick of Sam and BBD.  Can we go back to House and Powe, please?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:50:01 PM »

Offline YUNGx24

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Yea time to go back to House and Powe
its apparent that bbd doesnt have the height in this series. He may have the body size but watching him go up every time and missing is starting to get painful

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
After a half of a useless Sam, I cannot think of many reasons why our coach would not put House in for a change of pace...it could not have gotten much worse on offense then having a pg with zippie points and zippie assists..that is for sure. I agree with Roy on BB as well. Why not try Powe. We really needed an injection of energy this game as Detroit and there crowd were practically begging us to find some offense and win the game.

Crazy for me to even for a second think this series might end early...7 games looks like a given. 2 Teams that play strangle defense and go into long lapses of invisible offense...

I hope PP is ready for another hero act.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:07:41 AM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
This goes with the other thread on playing for behind as well, but it really seems telling to me that either the Celtics look good in a game or they don't.  It seems like they have no capacity for in-game adjustments.

Look at the Lakers in Game 1 against the Spurs.  The big comeback, etc.  With Kobe and Phil Jackson at the helm, they are never out of a game.  There was never a point in the game tonight, even when the Celtics got close, where it really felt like the Celtics were playing well and got some momentum, etc.  I, at least, never really thought the Celtics had a reasonable chance t owin.

However, that is crazy, given how close they were, score-wise.  The Pistons did not put the Celtics away for a long time.  The final score was much more reflective of the game play than the margin for much of the game.  This was the type of game that a great team "steals". 

However, this Celtics team seems to lack the capacity to do that.  And in-game adjustments are something you put on the coach, I think.

After a half of a useless Sam, I cannot think of many reasons why our coach would not put House in for a change of pace...it could not have gotten much worse on offense then having a pg with zippie points and zippie assists..that is for sure. I agree with Roy on BB as well. Why not try Powe. We really needed an injection of energy this game as Detroit and there crowd were practically begging us to find some offense and win the game.

Crazy for me to even for a second think this series might end early...7 games looks like a given. 2 Teams that play strangle defense and go into long lapses of invisible offense...

I hope PP is ready for another hero act.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Glen Davis must be close to the record for having shots blocked in the playoffs.  It is embarrassing.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 12:13:19 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
However, that is crazy, given how close they were, score-wise.  The Pistons did not put the Celtics away for a long time.  The final score was much more reflective of the game play than the margin for much of the game.  This was the type of game that a great team "steals". 

The Celts pulled back in this game from the free throw line.  Whenever they got within 5 or 6 and the ball they'd either get called for an illegal pick, or throw up a brick.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 12:15:05 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm absolutely astonished that Doc didn't use Eddie and Leon tonight, and that he left Ray in as long as he did. Sorry, but there was some bad coaching tonight, along with the Boyz really sucking on both ends of the floor. Horrible game, and it left me feeling much more tentative about our chances in the playoffs.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 12:16:10 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I still cant figure out why Doc doesnt play Leon Powe...He played so well in his 6th/7th man role and he was the great energy and spark off the bench. He could run the floor and he is a hustler. This team is lacking intensity and those hustle plays and mostly rebounds. Powe gave us all of this, does Doc think he is just going to stop playing the way he did? Just doesnt make sense at all.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 12:23:50 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
this team needs antoine walker off the bench

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 12:25:07 AM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
I still cant figure out why Doc doesnt play Leon Powe...He played so well in his 6th/7th man role and he was the great energy and spark off the bench. He could run the floor and he is a hustler. This team is lacking intensity and those hustle plays and mostly rebounds. Powe gave us all of this, does Doc think he is just going to stop playing the way he did? Just doesnt make sense at all.

I completely agree, but I have been a consistent advocate of Powe getting minutes.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 12:26:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The Celtics needed to find someone who wanted to score.

How many close shots did the Celtics pass on?   

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 12:26:46 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
At least that sub during Rondo's free throw at the end of the first half didn't come back to haunt us....

I thought Doc was poor tonight.  There really seems to be a consensus here with the mistakes he is making.  It takes a lot for all of us on this site to agree.  The proof is overwhelming.  I don't know if House and Powe would've made a difference tonight because they were just so flat, but I would love to see them get minutes going forward in this series.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."