Author Topic: Bill Laimbeer + Dennis Rodman + Ron Artest = Elizabeth Lambert  (Read 23320 times)

Re: Bill Laimbeer + Dennis Rodman + Ron Artest = Elizabeth Lambert
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Good news for women's soccer. They're being talked about once again. The WNBA needs some more fights, like the one with Candace Parker.

You didnt get excited about the Lynx winning the draft lottery and having the number 4 pick.  They are primed for an exciting young team!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 01:45:15 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
My BYU girls were taking a beating from this bizzy.  Look, all sports have some dirty plays, but all of these highlights were from one game! We have:

1) A punch to the face
2) A punch to the back
3) A pull of the hair whipping the girl's head back and taking her to the ground
4) A kick to the face
5) Several trippings

Wow.  Kudos to SportsCenter for pointing it all out.

Now, were the BYU girls completely innocent?  Probably not, but none of them face punched/kicked or hair pulled a New Mexico player.  Plus, on a tangent, a few of BYU girls are pretty smokin' and they ultimately struck back by winning the game and ending New Mexico's season.  Go Cougs!   ;)

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 01:45:47 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Good news for women's soccer. They're being talked about once again. The WNBA needs some more fights, like the one with Candace Parker.

No, because then Sheldon would run onto the court to defend his wife!

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Seriously, the most disturbing portion of the video is how the other team just let this chick lay a spanking on them as she did.

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I dont really have a problem with it.  Most soccer is people crawling around pretending that somebody did something like this too them.  All shes doing is providing them a reason to complain.

So it's OK for her to give someone whiplash by yanking their hair, punch people in the back and smack others in their face according to you?  But I bet if she called the girl a (Insert derogatory term for mentally handicap) you'd be all up in arms.

Thanks for the random personal attack, I appreciate it, Class act.

I just find it weird that "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" has the opposite meaning to you.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 01:52:35 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Seriously, the most disturbing portion of the video is how the other team just let this chick lay a spanking on them as she did.

What are they supposed to do?  Retaliate, and potentially end up playing shorthanded when they're nursing a one goal lead?

It's the refs jobs to keep order on the field. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

What are they supposed to do?  Retaliate, and potentially end up playing shorthanded when they're nursing a one goal lead?

You don't have to retaliate per se, just stand up for yourself. Maybe they did during the game, but from the clips we saw, they got hit and did nothing about it... it's like she was taking free shots at them and no one did nothing about it.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:34 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
My BYU girls were taking a beating from this bizzy.  Look, all sports have some dirty plays, but all of these highlights were from one game! We have:

1) A punch to the face
2) A punch to the back
3) A pull of the hair whipping the girl's head back and taking her to the ground
4) A kick to the face
5) Several trippings

Now, were the BYU girls completely innocent?  Probably not, but none of them face punched/kicked or hair pulled a New Mexico player.  Plus, on a tangent, a few of BYU girls are pretty smokin' and they ultimately struck back by winning the game and ending New Mexico's season.  Go Cougs!   ;)

TP RAcker! I agree with everything you said... and Carlee Payne is gorgeous.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I dont really have a problem with it.  Most soccer is people crawling around pretending that somebody did something like this too them.  All shes doing is providing them a reason to complain.

So it's OK for her to give someone whiplash by yanking their hair, punch people in the back and smack others in their face according to you?  But I bet if she called the girl a (Insert derogatory term for mentally handicap) you'd be all up in arms.

Thanks for the random personal attack, I appreciate it, Class act.

I just find it weird that "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" has the opposite meaning to you.

Ya, I guess just making fun of those that cant defend themselves for ones own amusement isnt my cup of tea.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

1) A punch to the face
2) A punch to the back
4) A kick to the face
5) Several trippings

TP RAcker! I agree with everything you said... and Carlee Payne is gorgeous.
When I was in school, my brother and I took a golf class that met on that field.  We used to hit the "dummy" golf balls at students walking between the field house and the soccer field fence.  Good times.

As for Carlee Payne...yep.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

yep.
Better than ending up with lifelong injuries and having to play the whole season shorthanded.

Plus I'd just assume "Well if they're going to let her play that way they're going to let me play that way"

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I agree with you. Serves them right for not punching back

They punched back by winning the game. What Lambert did was ridiculous...

She only got the yellow card late... and it was after a little slide tackle. I have no problem with hard slide tackling but punching and pulling people down by the hair... come on now.
I like to think I don't have to lay down like Ghandi to win a game. Someone call the Nobel Peace Prize people and hand a trophy to BYU once they scrape themselves off the floor and clear their heads enough to know they won.

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

yep.
Better than ending up with lifelong injuries and having to play the whole season shorthanded.

Plus I'd just assume "Well if they're going to let her play that way they're going to let me play that way"

Id probably just sub some girl that isnt going to play much to go take her out or fight her, they both get kicked out and you have a fair game. 

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 02:07:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

yep.

Id probably just sub some girl that isnt going to play much to go take her out or fight her, they both get kicked out and you have a fair game. 
good plan. TP

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

yep.

Unless the refs don't see it that way, and they red card the BYU girl but not the other one, at which point you're shorthanded the rest of the game.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions