Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."  (Read 9005 times)

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2018, 03:19:13 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Maybe Lavar should shut his gaping piehole until he can figure out how to run his company.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lavar-balls-big-baller-brand-receives-f-rating-better-business-bureau-180918918.html
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
the one thing I'm curious about is is this just Lavar's opinion or has heard this from Lonzo?

Lonzo when asked about Luke Walton as a coach: "I will play for anybody."

Yeah. Pretty passive aggressive and weaselly. Can you imagine Smart or Tatum or Brown saying that?

He makes some vaguely supportive comments for Walton in other parts of the interview, but overall he sounds pretty unconvincing IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he and his dad are on the same page after all.

ESPN has the same story, but titled it "Lonzo disputes assertion Walton has lost team." ESPN, the pillar of journalistic integrity. I'm just trying to imagine how ESPN would react if Tom Brady made the exact same quote.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-lonzo-ball-on-whether-he-likes-luke-walton-as-a-coach-ill-play-for-anybody/

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Maybe Lavar should shut his gaping piehole until he can figure out how to run his company.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lavar-balls-big-baller-brand-receives-f-rating-better-business-bureau-180918918.html

What a sham!

Can the customers file a class action suit against shady business dealings like this?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2018, 05:45:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Classic case of good kid with a dad with too big a mouth...

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is incredibly simple. The Lakers just need to bar Lavarr from everything Lakers related, and refuse to acknowledge his existence. They need to block him from all the social media and then just state that the Lakers as a policy don't discuss non basketball matters such as the opinions of nobodies like Joe Schmo from New Jersey or some player's mommy or daddy or former roommate's best friend's dog washer.

If Lonzo doesn't play with good effort the next night then Lonzo needs to be a healthy scratch the night after that and when asked why Luke says "It was my decision. I play guys that I think I need to play to help my team win." then do it again.  Then do it again. Then start to let him play.

Then let someone anonymously leak it out from the front office "The players were playing for Luke Walton the other night. Well. One of them wasn't."

If any player complains they get benched too and effort in games and practice gets addressed.

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Hire Lavar as coach so that way ESPN will air every Lakers game !!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This is incredibly simple. The Lakers just need to bar Lavarr from everything Lakers related, and refuse to acknowledge his existence. They need to block him from all the social media and then just state that the Lakers as a policy don't discuss non basketball matters such as the opinions of nobodies like Joe Schmo from New Jersey or some player's mommy or daddy or former roommate's best friend's dog washer.

If Lonzo doesn't play with good effort the next night then Lonzo needs to be a healthy scratch the night after that and when asked why Luke says "It was my decision. I play guys that I think I need to play to help my team win." then do it again.  Then do it again. Then start to let him play.

Then let someone anonymously leak it out from the front office "The players were playing for Luke Walton the other night. Well. One of them wasn't."

If any player complains they get benched too and effort in games and practice gets addressed.

some of us predicted this senero ,  the ball family as a disruption would likely raise its ugly head .  The Lakers thought they could handle a big mouth clown , but apparently not so far.

The end result is liable to decease Lonzo s value and mess with his carreer ......what if the Lakers say ......forget it .....Lonzo is not worth the headache .....how many franchises jump forward to take him and his clown family.......a reality TV show .

Lonzo is probably mosltly good kid .  But he needs to step in ...PROTECT his COACH, TEAM ,  and have a talk with his clown father .....like dude ....Im cuttingyou off money wise ...

If you don't stay the out of my business.

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

The only problem is they are losing a lot, much more than many expected, and it is on Luke, it's that simple

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2018, 06:55:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's not a quote of a good kid. That's a quote of a snake trying to add fuel to the flame
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

The only problem is they are losing a lot, much more than many expected, and it is on Luke, it's that simple
It's also on LaVar's kid that was shooting almost as bad as Marcus Smart and then got hurt

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2018, 07:53:07 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Blame the coach for a young team has never done anything or proven themselves in the NBA consistently losing games?  Losing mentality for a bad organization.  It's only a surprising season for them if you buy into hype.  I was confident they would be a bottom 5 team all along (which is why I was so high on the draft day move, even before Tatum being as good as he has been).

I have not liked many things about the Balls but tried not to go on about it.  I think coming in all the scout talk I had to listen to about how Lavar makes his teammates better by passing quickly to them and letting them do whatever they wanted, how he made them better when they were passing the ball around, getting credit for their play, I wondered how this would go.  He is not a ball handler and he wasn't making regular NBA PG plays at all.  Rondo is still maybe the best passer in the NBA and he's not so good of a player.  There's a lot more to this game and I didn't buy what I was being sold.  I'm glad the Celtics were not even a discussion for taking him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Hire Lavar as coach so that way ESPN will air every Lakers game !!!
One More Reason to not watch sports center. ESPN Extremely Stupid Personalities Network.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2018, 02:48:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

much more than expected?  I predicted they would be a bottom 3 team.  They are losing exactly like I thought they would.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
https://sports.yahoo.com/l-s-nightmare-scenario-becoming-reality-lavar-vs-lakers-050845261.html

Lonzo oozes potential but with Jayson Tatum — taken one pick after Lonzo last June, and carrying none of the baggage — looking like a perennial All-Star in Boston, there has to be some among the Lakers’ brass wondering if Lonzo was really worth it.

Big Baller Brand is the gift that keeps on giving. I secretly didn’t want the Lakers to pick him just to see how upset they all would have been at the draft, but this is way better. It’s not going well and has the potential to end horribly. Gotta love it.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

sounds pretty passive aggressive to me. Didn't defend his coach or even mention him by name. Just said he will play for whatever coach is in front of him.

imagine if they asked Tatum what he thought about playing for Stevens and he said "eh ill play for anybody"