Author Topic: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?  (Read 55537 times)

Re: Rumor: Rondo for Howard...?
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
In the most construed analogy I can come up with, when it comes to D12, I find that we often act akin to an insecure boy who states that the hottest girl in the class is "really only a 2, she's not that pretty!" but upon learning we have a chance with her, infatuated puppies we become.

Ok I'm done.
I can't stand Dwight's personality.  I'm not a fan of him at all.  He always seemed destined to be a Laker to me... and that's where he will remain.

That said, in some magical land where we could land him for our broken point guard who even when he was healthy couldn't fetch chronically injured Steph Curry or 32 year old Pau Gasol... sign me up twice.

If anything this shows how foolish people were to take reported rumors as fact. Somehow the Lakers would discuss Dwight Howard for Rondo but the wouldn't consider trading an older, lesser player for him? Too funny.
I think the rationalization fueling this is:

1) Lakers suck with him
2) he's damaged (we'll ignore the fact that the same can definitely be said for Rondo)
3) Kobe doesn't like him
4) He's a free agent after this season, and this season is lost, so let's deal him while we can still get something for him.

I can definitely see why the Lakers might be exploring their options with Dwight. I'm just pointing out that they were rumored to be discussing trading him for a player I've been repeatedly been assured has little trade value around the league.

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
it's interesting but it won't really have a chance since howard won't ever sign with boston. 

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
it's interesting but it won't really have a chance since howard won't ever sign with boston.

So Dwight will pass on an extra $30m to go elsewhere?

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Im not the biggest Rondo guy but to move him for a player that shoots half-court hook shots with a torn labrum? Yup. That shoud go over real smoothly here in Boston. This guy is a cancer please keep him away from the Celtics.

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

So Dwight will pass on an extra $30m to go elsewhere?

valid point,  but it wouldn't surprise me.  he's been wanting to go to brooklyn or dallas for years now.  after what's happening to him now in laker land,  i think he could choose to make a little less in dallas.  taxes are better there?  we are talking about a guy that opted in last year and didn't tell his agent.   he's irrational.

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Im not the biggest Rondo guy but to move him for a player that shoots half-court hook shots with a torn labrum? Yup. That shoud go over real smoothly here in Boston. This guy is a cancer please keep him away from the Celtics.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Dwight Howard should never and will never put on a Boston Celtics uniform, period. He's a perfect fit for the disaster that is the LA  Lakers. Keep him there.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Im not the biggest Rondo guy but to move him for a player that...

...this player has beenn 4 times best defensive player of NBA...What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

...this player has beenn 4 times best defensive player of NBA...What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing

One would assume this is your first year following the Celts.

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

This player has also seen most teams he's been on crash and burn.

Also, Rondo has been an NBA all-defensive selection 4 times, if that's how you want to slice it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He also threw his team under the bus, quit on his team and whines a lot when the situation doesnt bode well with him.

He also hasnt shown the mental toughness and the grit and heart that A SUPERSTAR should have.

Not to mention he might not sign with Boston after the season.

BTW, you probably have not seen Rondo play in the Playoffs. He takes over games, not a really big of a deal.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Why anyone who loves the way guys like KG/Rondo play and their competitiveness. would want D.howard is beyond me. sure he has alot of talent he could utilize, but the guy is a JOKE.

what has any team he has been on accomplished? howard doesnt care about winning. he cares about attention...and thats why Kobe Hates him and no Nash...those guys aer competitors, play through injuries.

and howard is cleared by doctors to play and wants to sit out...meanwhile a guy like Rondo will play with a dislocated arm.

Howard is also as soft as a tissue...ive seen KG, Glen Davis, Perk just shut him down...and those are guys he has an advantage over..but you get a little physical with him and he wilts.

not to mention if you guys love a "team game" youll sure love hearing howard complain he doesnt get the ball enough

yes, the talent is there...but it wont be utilized..most likely Howard will dog it and be a cancer in the lockerroom like he has been in Orlando and now LA..and then jet for a team where he can be in the spotlight.

Howard has become a bigger joke than lebron IMO

« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
In the most construed analogy I can come up with, when it comes to D12, I find that we often act akin to an insecure boy who states that the hottest girl in the class is "really only a 2, she's not that pretty!" but upon learning we have a chance with her, infatuated puppies we become.

Ok I'm done.
I can't stand Dwight's personality.  I'm not a fan of him at all.  He always seemed destined to be a Laker to me... and that's where he will remain.

That said, in some magical land where we could land him for our broken point guard who even when he was healthy couldn't fetch chronically injured Steph Curry or 32 year old Pau Gasol... sign me up twice.

If anything this shows how foolish people were to take reported rumors as fact. Somehow the Lakers would discuss Dwight Howard for Rondo but the wouldn't consider trading an older, lesser player for him? Too funny.
I think the rationalization fueling this is:

1) Lakers suck with him
2) he's damaged (we'll ignore the fact that the same can definitely be said for Rondo)
3) Kobe doesn't like him
4) He's a free agent after this season, and this season is lost, so let's deal him while we can still get something for him.

I can definitely see why the Lakers might be exploring their options with Dwight. I'm just pointing out that they were rumored to be discussing trading him for a player I've been repeatedly been assured has little trade value around the league.

I do love revisionist history. I mean, if your going to take rumors as fact, at least consider the whole rumor:

The only reason why we offered Rondo for Curry is because we were going to flip him to NOH for CP3. At the time, NOH and GS were talking CP3 but GS didn't want to move Curry for him.

With the Pau Gasol, those talks died down because LA asked for Rondo AND Brandon Bass and that was too much to give up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

Grow up man! I was giving you arguments and you making bla bla bla. If you does not make objections based ON ARGUMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO MY OPINION, BEACUSE I AM NOT INTERESTED TO WASTE MY TIME WITH PEOPLE WITH CHILDISH BEHIVOR. The forums in general are not for kids, but for people who use the brain before writing...

« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Grow up man! I was giving you arguments and you making bla bla bla. If you does not make objections based ON ARGUMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO MY OPINION, BEACUSE I AM NOT INTERESTED TO WASTE MY TIME WITH PEOPLE WITH CHILDISH BEHIVOR. The forums in general are not for kids, but for people who use the brain before writing...

Maybe you should use your brain before saying, "What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing"! That's the craziest statement I've heard all season. Done nothing? You must be joking.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
Quote from: CelticConcourse

Maybe you should use your brain before saying, "What Rondo has done so far?? Nothing"!

I think you have to use more the brain kid...Do you see what I mention?? I told you Howard has been official 4 times the best defender of NBA. I am talking about achievements. What Rondo achieved? Tell me...