Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Lakers (0-1) Vegas SL Game 1 7/7/17  (Read 54059 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Lakers (0-1) Vegas SL Game 1 7/7/17
« Reply #450 on: July 08, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Tatum destroyed #2 pick Lonzo Ball. Now to destroy #1 pick Markelle Fultz  ;D

He already did.  With a game winner!

Oh snap I forgot they played a few days ago, he made that PP34-like ISO game winner LOL. Hope Tatum wins ROTY  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #451 on: July 08, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Semi will be playing off our bench this year. 3 and D!
how did he look on defense tonight? not that SL features it.  :P

He looked good, strong, and active...

Played just about every position as well.  He was impressive.
thanks guys. tp for each of you.

he might be able to work himself in the rotation by the end of the season.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #452 on: July 08, 2017, 11:01:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I really wish Yab was playing.  He's been compared to Semi, or vice versa, quite a bit.  Yab looked a lot better last year.  I would have liked to see how he's improved.

Semi played well tonight.  He was not very impressive the first two games but I thought his threes got us back in the game.

Nader is a ball hog, and I doubt he will ever make the team.   All the guys hyping on him, I have doubts about your ability to scout talent.

Brown tried to be the hero at times and bring the ball up during crunch time.  There are two things that he is not very good at dribbling and free throws.   For a guy who is supposed to be sharp as a tack, he seemed pretty dull in deciding he was suited to these tasks in a close game with time winding down.

Tatum looked impressive again.   Solid play, nice clutch shot to close the third quarter.

Ante Zizic, I know it is SL and all but I have doubts about his game and it translating to the NBA.   He is young and has a ton of room to improve and it is early but he has been underwhelming.  We seem to do better when he is on the bench or is it just me?

On the bright side, we beat LA and we played like crap.  Their fans were loud until they got behind and then they were silent typical fair weather Laker fans.  I thought Ball's passing was superb but his shot is suspect.

« Reply #453 on: July 08, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nice win before another hostile crowd out west. First Utah, then Vegas. Why couldn't they have played in Orlando?

They started this one rough, as Tatum said post game--down 18-4. But recovered their poise to pull ahead. Faltered a bit the last minute or two with TOs and easy baskets for LA. Didn't take too well to pressing. But held on for nice win.

Tatum is the man. Clearly. He'll score in the NBA. Brown showing he isn't the scorer Tatum is.
Semi looks great. 20 pts. He'll stick. Nader also.  Zizic is a questionmark. Not very fluid. Taken out early. Played 10 mins.

Ainge has got to be concerned about Zizic's role. He should be on the phone looking for an experienced big. The kid may need some D league time.
To play in Orlando as well would have been A LOT of traveling for these young kids, which would have also taken away from the limited practice time they had.  Besides the camera work in Orlando is always terrible, almost unwatchable with floor cams only.

TP for the summary in bold, pretty much agree on all counts.  Someone else mentioned that Brown is the kind of player who does much better with better players around him, as we saw last year.  He is truly an elite athlete and relies on his athleticism to get shots off, play defense, etc.  However, Tatum is indeed a better shooter but will take at least a season to work out all the kinks.

The Semi coming out party was satisfying.  Decent straightaway 3-point shot and some good defense.

I know reviews are mixed on Nader, but I think he played pretty well and hope there's a spot for him on the big club.  Not concerned about his ballhog tendencies, it's SL.

« Reply #454 on: July 08, 2017, 11:18:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I know reviews are mixed on Nader, but I think he played pretty well and hope there's a spot for him on the big club.  Not concerned about his ballhog tendencies, it's SL.

You liked the driving with his head down and him going 2 -7?  Every guy is allowed their opinion and all, I guess.

http://www.nba.com/games/20170708/BOSLAL#/boxscore

I think our SL squad is not that good and just because he is one of the better players it does not mean he deserves a spot on the big club.  He got blocked a lot tonight, too.  I don't wish him ill but he has not played that well.  He has a toughness to him around the ball I like.   Seems like Chris Babb 2.0 without the shot to me.

This article now is pretty funny.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/sidebar/summer-060617-summer-celtics-could-be-most-talented-group-yet/

« Reply #455 on: July 08, 2017, 11:28:46 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You might be right, Celtics4ever.  I did notice those blocks on his shot at the rim.  I guess I just have a soft spot for a guy who accepts D-league peanuts salary instead of playing overseas, then earns D-league ROY.  I like his size and BBIQ.  Also I just don't think another season in the d-league is going to help him.  He's also a bit older (24) so if he doesn't make it now, that might be it.  We'll see what Celtics FO decides.

« Reply #456 on: July 08, 2017, 11:37:23 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Nice win before another hostile crowd out west. First Utah, then Vegas. Why couldn't they have played in Orlando?

They started this one rough, as Tatum said post game--down 18-4. But recovered their poise to pull ahead. Faltered a bit the last minute or two with TOs and easy baskets for LA. Didn't take too well to pressing. But held on for nice win.

Tatum is the man. Clearly. He'll score in the NBA. Brown showing he isn't the scorer Tatum is.
Semi looks great. 20 pts. He'll stick. Nader also.  Zizic is a questionmark. Not very fluid. Taken out early. Played 10 mins.

Ainge has got to be concerned about Zizic's role. He should be on the phone looking for an experienced big. The kid may need some D league time.

Have we played in Orlando Summer League at all since the Bertrans neck injury a few years ago? I think that may play a part in it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #457 on: July 08, 2017, 11:47:15 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Tatum destroyed #2 pick Lonzo Ball. Now to destroy #1 pick Markelle Fultz  ;D

He already did.  With a game winner!

Oh snap I forgot they played a few days ago, he made that PP34-like ISO game winner LOL. Hope Tatum wins ROTY  ;D
He even did the PP34 game winner celebration too! Lol
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #458 on: July 10, 2017, 01:51:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
holy **** can the announcers be up Ball's jock any more?  hahhaha

who in the F are these announcers ......it is all about Lakers and Ball.......there is no mention of another team on the court ..

what awful coverage .....this is Houston rockets bad coverage .....nothing but Lakers , lakers , ball, ball ....

Ball will probably be a good player, but saying that he is going to be better than magic, my god cmon.

these announcers are on their knees for the lakers and lavar

every comment is about ball

do they get money for every time they mention lonzo ball.

Ball is so horrible at defense. Funny listening to PJ Carlissimo try to sugarcoat that garbage.

Ball is so horrible at defense. Funny listening to PJ Carlissimo try to sugarcoat that garbage.

oh ...so hats the turd on his knees for the Ball family

LOL at the commentators making up excuses for Ball's matador defense, saying it was by design.

more Magic and more lecture on Ball

is the whole game about this turd family

man, these announcers are really washing lonzo's balls. :P

im close to cutting this love fest for lakers off

this is sickening

Horrid game, but worse is the double-screen with Magus Johnson and Lavar Ball.  No view of court/  the game, just Magic and Lavar on split screen. Yuck.

oh help me god, more lonzo ball at 1/2 time.
this hype is getting ridiculous

Hmm, well, having missed the game I can only speculate, of course, but from the looks of it, ESPN seems to be balls deep ;) in Lavar's operation ;D.