Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 204909 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1935 on: April 06, 2018, 10:37:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Belinelli and Ilyasova have been great additions for the Sixers. Together with Roco and Redick, they are a much needed group of shooters around Simmons and Embiid. They are a top tier shooter away from being legit trouble imo. They should trade Fultz for Markannen. He would be the perfect fit next to Embiid.

The Ilyasova signing was extra sweet because he has been able to reintegrate seamlessly, too.  Markannen would be a great fit there.  It's pretty easy to consider them foreseeably dangerous without even taking Fultz into account. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1936 on: April 06, 2018, 10:40:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #1937 on: April 06, 2018, 10:50:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Or Embiid could have been taken 1st and be playing with Towns and Butler now.

Maybe. Maybe not. Does Minnesota still trade Kevin Love in that situation? Probably, but I don't think that Embiid and Towns can necessarily play together, as that just seems like an either/or but not both kind of arrangement, and I'd much rather have Embiid in such a scenario. Who knows?

So did Cleveland. Imagine if they had Embiid right now with a Lebron?

I don't think that Lebron would have been willing to wait for Embiid, though, and I'm not even sure that they can play together. Like, Embiid can play with anyone, but Lebron, like Jordan and Kobe, can only, well, play with certain kinds of players, namely those who don't need the ball, because you know that he's never going to relinquish his control of it, which has always greatly limited the ceiling of his teams, imo, and it's too late at this stage of his career for him to change his style of play. I think.   

« Reply #1938 on: April 06, 2018, 10:52:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
The Cavs really wanted to win that game against the Sixers, Bron and Jeff Green both played 40 minutes. The Cavs don't have a really good team there but I guess some nights having LeBron might be enough. The "new" Cavs, Hood, Clarkson and Nance, didn't give the team much. They combined for 12 points and 5 rebounds and all three where in the minus in plus/minus.

« Reply #1939 on: April 06, 2018, 10:55:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Danuel House might not be shooting well, as of right now, but deng dat pass, tho ;) ;D.

https://twitter.com/FOXSPORTSAZ/status/982450551878135808

Edit - ugh. Rough night for him.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:17:06 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #1940 on: April 07, 2018, 12:24:02 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Or Embiid could have been taken 1st and be playing with Towns and Butler now.

Maybe. Maybe not. Does Minnesota still trade Kevin Love in that situation? Probably, but I don't think that Embiid and Towns can necessarily play together, as that just seems like an either/or but not both kind of arrangement, and I'd much rather have Embiid in such a scenario. Who knows?

So did Cleveland. Imagine if they had Embiid right now with a Lebron?

I don't think that Lebron would have been willing to wait for Embiid, though, and I'm not even sure that they can play together. Like, Embiid can play with anyone, but Lebron, like Jordan and Kobe, can only, well, play with certain kinds of players, namely those who don't need the ball, because you know that he's never going to relinquish his control of it, which has always greatly limited the ceiling of his teams, imo, and it's too late at this stage of his career for him to change his style of play. I think.

You may be right about Lebron not willing to wait back then. Which was why they traded Wiggins for Love. But I think Lebron and Embiid together now would be pretty awesome together. Don’t feel Embiid is ball dominant. I think Simmons would have trouble meshing with a Lebron though.

« Reply #1941 on: April 07, 2018, 12:44:09 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone see Lebron choke and miss 3 free throws, then blow the lead and lose

« Reply #1942 on: April 07, 2018, 12:45:00 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
This is crazy, but the Atlantic Division runs the Eastern Conference lol. Top 3 team in the East are all from the same division. And then there are the Cavaliers and then the pretenders.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1943 on: April 07, 2018, 01:18:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Belinelli and Ilyasova have been great additions for the Sixers. Together with Roco and Redick, they are a much needed group of shooters around Simmons and Embiid. They are a top tier shooter away from being legit trouble imo. They should trade Fultz for Markannen. He would be the perfect fit next to Embiid. 

I don't think Chicago would bite on that.

Markkanen would be a fantastic fit on that Sixers team though.  His shooting ability from the PF spot next to Embiid and Simmons would be unfair.

« Reply #1944 on: April 07, 2018, 03:28:11 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Markkanen would be a fantastic fit on that Sixers team though.  His shooting ability from the PF spot next to Embiid and Simmons would be unfair.

Fultz has no trade value right now.. Markanen is virtually untouchable. Probably wouldn't even catch a mid first rounder for the number 1 overall pick last yr.. And that is sad indeed.

« Reply #1945 on: April 07, 2018, 09:24:46 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Fultz has no trade value right now.. Markanen is virtually untouchable. Probably wouldn't even catch a mid first rounder for the number 1 overall pick last yr.. And that is sad indeed.
Don't see anything sad about it.  Fultz is playing now and looks pretty good.  I don't think they'd have a problem getting a mid-first for him.  However they're not going to trade him unless its in a package for an established star. 

« Reply #1946 on: April 07, 2018, 09:50:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Great win by the Bucks sans Giannis tonight. Miami and Milwaukee are both now a full game up over Washington with each having two games left. Miami owns the tiebreakers over both teams, and Washington will own the tiebreaker over Milwaukee.

As of now to avoid Washington and play one of Miami or Milwaukee, we'll most likely need to beat them on Tuesday night. By beating them on Tuesday night, that should be enough to keep them in 8th place to give Toronto a really tough first round series, so long as Milwaukee takes care of business Monday night against Orlando.

Our most ideal situation would be for Miami to lose out and Milwaukee to win in Orlando and lose to Philly, which would then put us in line for Miami in the first round and Philly (or Milwaukee) in the second round, all of which are very winnable series that we're still probably favored in.

« Reply #1947 on: April 07, 2018, 10:03:37 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Great win by the Bucks sans Giannis tonight. Miami and Milwaukee are both now a full game up over Washington with each having two games left. Miami owns the tiebreakers over both teams, and Washington will own the tiebreaker over Milwaukee.

As of now to avoid Washington and play one of Miami or Milwaukee, we'll most likely need to beat them on Tuesday night. By beating them on Tuesday night, that should be enough to keep them in 8th place to give Toronto a really tough first round series, so long as Milwaukee takes care of business Monday night against Orlando.

Our most ideal situation would be for Miami to lose out and Milwaukee to win in Orlando and lose to Philly, which would then put us in line for Miami in the first round and Philly (or Milwaukee) in the second round, all of which are very winnable series that we're still probably favored in.
Watch this be the game we play everybody Brad said one game we will
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1948 on: April 07, 2018, 10:23:58 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Tough to look at the standings. Without all the March injuries, I would see us as favorites for the 1 seed and then to come out of the east. And we’ve played the west leaders pretty well.

Going to enjoy whatever this team actually does, but we were *right there*.

« Reply #1949 on: April 08, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Not sure why you are so afraid to face Washington. They have lost 12 of their last 18 games. They've lost 4 straight. They have been awful since February.

Now maybe teams like Cleveland or the Big 3 Celtics can play poorly before the playoffs then flip a switch and be really good but this Washington team isn't Cleveland or those old Boston teams.

None of Miami, Washington or Milwaukee scare me and I could care less which of the 3 we play.