Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 204775 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1860 on: April 03, 2018, 11:02:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I hope LeBron fires Brett Brown.   :police:  I'm tired of him not giving my guy Richaun Holmes any run.  If the excuse is poor defense, Brownie, note that he gets 4 blocks when you give him 26 mins.   8)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1861 on: April 03, 2018, 11:19:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
That Lakers team is just a team of stat guys. All playing for numbers.

« Reply #1862 on: April 04, 2018, 01:09:50 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'll probably never have another opportunity in this regard, so allow me to say that, and even if it's only been for the last 2-3 games, Danuel House Jr IS. DAT. DUDE. I think ;D.

« Reply #1863 on: April 04, 2018, 01:11:30 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I'll probably never have another opportunity in this regard, so allow me to say that, and even if it's only been for the last 2-3 games, Danuel House Jr IS. DAT. DUDE. I think ;D.

No worries it's just a forum. I've said crazier things that drive most readers nuts   8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1864 on: April 04, 2018, 01:13:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If by DAT. DUDE. you mean one of the worst players on one of the worst teams in the NBA actively trying to lose?

then yeah. I think you are right on. He is dat dude.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1865 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:14 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
If by DAT. DUDE. you mean one of the worst players on one of the worst teams in the NBA actively trying to lose?

then yeah. I think you are right on. He is dat dude.

Lighten up, broheim.

« Reply #1866 on: April 04, 2018, 01:18:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

No worries it's just a forum. I've said crazier things that drive most readers nuts   8)

Lol, yeah. It's nice to see him playing so well, though.

« Reply #1867 on: April 04, 2018, 01:38:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Why exactly is that? Do you have him on a fantasy team? Are you related to him somehow? Is he like a friend of yours? Did you make some Triboy/Jordan Mickey prediction about him you want to somehow come true to show off what a great scout you are? Are you an Aggies alumni? Is the fact he is Eddie House's distant relative pertinent to any of this? Exactly, why does House having 2 good games in his whole career make him Dat Guy?

« Reply #1868 on: April 04, 2018, 02:46:00 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Why exactly is that? Do you have him on a fantasy team? Are you related to him somehow? Is he like a friend of yours? Did you make some Triboy/Jordan Mickey prediction about him you want to somehow come true to show off what a great scout you are? Are you an Aggies alumni? Is the fact he is Eddie House's distant relative pertinent to any of this? Exactly, why does House having 2 good games in his whole career make him Dat Guy?

I honestly have no idea as to whether or not he's related to Eddie House in any capacity, although you and I did, in fact, argue over, well, whether or not we should sign Danuel "Not Daniel" House as an undrafted free agent in 2016, but no, that's not why I mentioned him. Like at all. I just thought that it was a nice success story, however long it should last. Sheesh :-\. It was really meant to be a bit of a joke as I was just having some fun - that's all; and way to take a dump on triboy, btw ::). Come on, man, you're much better than that.

« Reply #1869 on: April 04, 2018, 06:58:47 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I honestly have no idea as to whether or not he's related to Eddie House in any capacity, although you and I did, in fact, argue over, well, whether or not we should sign Danuel "Not Daniel" House as an undrafted free agent in 2016, but no, that's not why I mentioned him.

Holy comma. 7 in a run-on sentence is a tough mark to beat.

« Reply #1870 on: April 04, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I honestly have no idea as to whether or not he's related to Eddie House in any capacity, although you and I did, in fact, argue over, well, whether or not we should sign Danuel "Not Daniel" House as an undrafted free agent in 2016, but no, that's not why I mentioned him. Like at all. I just thought that it was a nice success story, however long it should last. Sheesh :-\. It was really meant to be a bit of a joke as I was just having some fun - that's all; and way to take a dump on triboy, btw ::). Come on, man, you're much better than that.
Guess my sarcasm didn't come through and I should have used a laughing emoji. I was just joking man.

« Reply #1871 on: April 04, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

I honestly have no idea as to whether or not he's related to Eddie House in any capacity, although you and I did, in fact, argue over, well, whether or not we should sign Danuel "Not Daniel" House as an undrafted free agent in 2016, but no, that's not why I mentioned him.

That's not a run-on sentence tho

« Reply #1872 on: April 04, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yeah, it actually is.

Run-on sentences can be divided into two types. The first occurs when a writer puts no mark of punctuation and no coordinating conjunction between independent clauses. The second is called a comma splice, which occurs when two or more independent clauses are joined by just a comma and no coordinating conjunction.

« Reply #1873 on: April 04, 2018, 05:16:28 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I love the internet. Valid arguments (or sometimes valid) between anonymous posters continue on and on until they are derailed by grammatical critiques.
#JKJB

« Reply #1874 on: April 04, 2018, 05:28:20 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I love the internet. Valid arguments (or sometimes valid) between anonymous posters continue on and on until they are derailed by grammatical critiques.

This is a fair point, and I hate people being grammar Nazis, too. However, there was no need for Eddie to inject a snarky comment into a joking message thread, especially considering the fact that Eddie's statement was factually incorrect. I thought it'd be funnier to point out the error rather than the lame and pointless attempt at insulting Beat LA.

This is the first time I've ever played Internet grammar police; it's kinda fun :D

Yeah, it actually is.

Run-on sentences can be divided into two types. The first occurs when a writer puts no mark of punctuation and no coordinating conjunction between independent clauses. The second is called a comma splice, which occurs when two or more independent clauses are joined by just a comma and no coordinating conjunction.

I just bolded the coordinating conjunction in Beat LA's sentence- the coordinating conjunction which did, in fact, connect two independent clauses. Also worth noting: a grammatically-correct sentence can contain many dependent clauses.