Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 204651 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #1575 on: March 05, 2018, 08:57:24 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Cavs the contenders are back 8)

« Reply #1576 on: March 05, 2018, 09:19:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Cavs the contenders are back 8)

DET prob ain't a playoff team, but it is somewhat impressive that CLE creamed them on the boards w/out Love or TT (pronounced 'tea-tea').
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1577 on: March 06, 2018, 12:26:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Chandler Parsons played basketball tonight.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1578 on: March 06, 2018, 12:41:31 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Suddenly, the LA Lakers have been one of the hottest teams in the second half of the NBA this season. Still possible for them to wrestle for the #8 seed lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1579 on: March 06, 2018, 12:56:17 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Suddenly, the LA Lakers have been one of the hottest teams in the second half of the NBA this season. Still possible for them to wrestle for the #8 seed lol.
at this point, Id like to keep the pick out of the top 10 for Philly.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1580 on: March 06, 2018, 02:48:53 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
at this point, Id like to keep the pick out of the top 10 for Philly.

True. I guess we're on to Sacramento Kings pick.

« Reply #1581 on: March 06, 2018, 02:50:22 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Did Steph Curry possess Damian Lillard cuz that guy lighted up the Lakers on the perimeter late in the game. Especially nailing a 32-foot three-pointer like it was nothing.

« Reply #1582 on: March 06, 2018, 07:08:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Did Steph Curry possess Damian Lillard cuz that guy lighted up the Lakers on the perimeter late in the game. Especially nailing a 32-foot three-pointer like it was nothing.
Dame has been averaging almost 33ppg during this Portland winning streak, it's insane.

If they maintain this and end up 3rd in the West he deserves a few MVP votes (although so does AD)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1583 on: March 06, 2018, 09:33:25 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
It looks like IT cost the Lakers that game last night. 1 for 9 from 3- What is someone thinking when they keep missing and missing and keep throwing them up? He was negative 17 for the night and shot 5 for 21 from 2 pt so it is not like he was hitting anything.

Randle has quietly put up 15 and 7 and 3 for the season while only playing 25 a night. It appears he has finally started his upward climb towards being good. Some nights he looks super solid. With the right system, he might turn out to be a decent player after all.

« Reply #1584 on: March 06, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It looks like IT cost the Lakers that game last night. 1 for 9 from 3- What is someone thinking when they keep missing and missing and keep throwing them up? He was negative 17 for the night and shot 5 for 21 from 2 pt so it is not like he was hitting anything.

Randle has quietly put up 15 and 7 and 3 for the season while only playing 25 a night. It appears he has finally started his upward climb towards being good. Some nights he looks super solid. With the right system, he might turn out to be a decent player after all.

Often times players are actually coached to do just this.  And in truth, a player who has supreme confidence in their ability is always going to believe the next shot will go in.  It's fairly normal for highly accomplished offensive players.

Now with that said, I've got no problem with IT ruining the Lakers.  He doesn't wear the Celtics green anymore, and didn't really accomplish anything meaningful enough for me to feel attached to him in any sort of manner (like I would for guys like Pierce KG, Rondo, ect.), so I don't care if his career goes down in flames from here on out.

« Reply #1585 on: March 06, 2018, 09:55:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Poor ol It will get the boot if Lebron signs there. ....I d much rather watch IT than the Big Whiner

« Reply #1586 on: March 06, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Poor ol It will get the boot if Lebron signs there. ....I d much rather watch IT than the Big Whiner

I'm worried about IT. There just isn't any money out there this off-season. On top of that, there are a lot of young guards looking for money.

There is not a team out there that makes sense for IT (at least in my mind). He is not scoring well enough anymore to go to a good team looking for a scoring punch off the bench. All the bad teams seem to be going in other directions.

The one scenario that I could see working out is the Lakers signing him to a one year, 15-20 million dollar deal. But that only happens if they don't get the big fish they want.

There is a possible scenario that plays out where IT is not playing in the NBA next season because no team is willing to offer him money and he is too proud to take a MLE or Biannual type deal.

« Reply #1587 on: March 06, 2018, 11:35:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Lakers playing better than talent warrants. Kudos to Walton’s coaching.

« Reply #1588 on: March 06, 2018, 01:39:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
IT and Bradley picked the wrong time to have bad contract years. Just one year ago at this point most of this blog figured both players at being worth $20+ million per year. Now, I am not sure they will get a maxed out MLE contract.

That sucks. Well, I mean they will both be multi-millionaires so it doesn't suck. But it does suck to see two pretty good guys kill their chances at so much more money.

I guess you can throw Smart into that same club. Last year people thought he might get $15 million per. Find it hard to see a team offering him over the MLE either. There is just no money out there for all of them.

« Reply #1589 on: March 06, 2018, 01:57:39 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
IT and Bradley picked the wrong time to have bad contract years. Just one year ago at this point most of this blog figured both players at being worth $20+ million per year. Now, I am not sure they will get a maxed out MLE contract.

That sucks. Well, I mean they will both be multi-millionaires so it doesn't suck. But it does suck to see two pretty good guys kill their chances at so much more money.

I guess you can throw Smart into that same club. Last year people thought he might get $15 million per. Find it hard to see a team offering him over the MLE either. There is just no money out there for all of them.

Seeing this all written out like this again, makes me really appreciate Ainge..Man imagine the scenario where we kept all of them and had to pay them..
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird