Author Topic: Teams That Should Make Trades (sooner not later)  (Read 2791 times)

Teams That Should Make Trades (sooner not later)
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Lakers should trade a wing/guard for a big. (for K Love?  For an Orlando big?)

Washington should trade a stud...minor blowup needed.

Cavs need full blowup...already blown up..but Love should go.

Those are top three I can think of...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:12:51 PM by Redz »

Re: teams that should make trades (sooner not later)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Love will be move by Feb trade deadline..Portland or Phoenix be my guess
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: teams that should make trades (sooner not later)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:42 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Cavs don't need to trade Love.  He is going to miss a month and they weren't winning with him.  There is no reason for them to trade him at this point (they can't trade him for awhile anyway).  That said, the Cavs should absolutely be selling off any of the veterans that any team will take.  I doubt they can move Smith, but Korver and to a lesser extent Hill probably have a market if they aren't looking for much in return (which they shouldn't be at this point). 

I've been saying all summer the Lakers made a mistake in not getting Leonard because they were going to waste the best season that Lebron James has left.  They need to make a move.  If I were them, I'd make a real hard play for Beal.  I think he would be an excellent #2 for them and as you say, the Wizards need to do something (and Wall and Beal always seem to clash and Wall is basically unmovable). 

The Sixers are the other team that really should do something.  They shouldn't ruin their cap space this summer (unless they a very good player, like say Beal), but they need to do something with their weird roster construction.  Would the Wizards do Covington, Fultz, and Korkmaz/Shamet for Beal (as an example).  I don't know if that is enough for Beal, but that nearly gets the Wizards out of the tax and gives them some depth, Covington/Porter/Morris is an interesting wing combination, and they get the shot that Fultz materializes into his talent.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Teams That Should Make Trades (sooner not later)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Washington should be banging down doors trying to get someone to take John Wall but I just heard Lowe and Woj talking like his contract is a non-starter for a lot of teams.

But I think that team has to make a change. I'd rather keep Beal and trading any other combination of guys but keeping Wall and Beal there probably means the culture remains the same.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Cavs don't need to trade Love.  He is going to miss a month and they weren't winning with him.  There is no reason for them to trade him at this point (they can't trade him for awhile anyway).  That said, the Cavs should absolutely be selling off any of the veterans that any team will take.  I doubt they can move Smith, but Korver and to a lesser extent Hill probably have a market if they aren't looking for much in return (which they shouldn't be at this point). 

I've been saying all summer the Lakers made a mistake in not getting Leonard because they were going to waste the best season that Lebron James has left.  They need to make a move.  If I were them, I'd make a real hard play for Beal.  I think he would be an excellent #2 for them and as you say, the Wizards need to do something (and Wall and Beal always seem to clash and Wall is basically unmovable). 

The Sixers are the other team that really should do something.  They shouldn't ruin their cap space this summer (unless they a very good player, like say Beal), but they need to do something with their weird roster construction.  Would the Wizards do Covington, Fultz, and Korkmaz/Shamet for Beal (as an example).  I don't know if that is enough for Beal, but that nearly gets the Wizards out of the tax and gives them some depth, Covington/Porter/Morris is an interesting wing combination, and they get the shot that Fultz materializes into his talent.
you know that's not enough for Beal -- Fultz isn't proving anything to anyone so far. 

if Wash feels to the need to break up the team and Beal is the only option that can be moved, I wonder if Wash and Minny would consider a swap centered around Beal and Butler.  Wash would want some kind of assurances Butler would resign with them but this might be worth it for 2 franchises that could both use a shake-up.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 12:39:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think just about every team needs to wait until after Xmas to see exactly what they have and what they want to do. We are only 6-7 games in.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 12:42:32 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Hornets and Kemba

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 12:44:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Lakers should trade a wing/guard for a big. (for K Love?  For an Orlando big?)

Washington should trade a stud...minor blowup needed.

Cavs need full blowup...already blown up..but Love should go.

Those are top three I can think of...

send love to lakers!

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

you know that's not enough for Beal -- Fultz isn't proving anything to anyone so far. 

if Wash feels to the need to break up the team and Beal is the only option that can be moved, I wonder if Wash and Minny would consider a swap centered around Beal and Butler.  Wash would want some kind of assurances Butler would resign with them but this might be worth it for 2 franchises that could both use a shake-up.
Honestly, I'd rather have Porter than Beal in a vacuum.  I think Porter is a guy that can more easily fit and he is about elite as they come as a shooter (his 6 games this year not included).  So I think they could easily move him as well, though Beal is flashier and probably gets a bigger return.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think just about every team needs to wait until after Xmas to see exactly what they have and what they want to do. We are only 6-7 games in.
The Cavs do not agree.

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
1) The Lakers should trade Ingram while he still has a lot of value. I think he will be a good, but not great NBA player. They should try to sell the house (Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/future 1sts) for Anthony Davis.

The Celtics can get into this game as well. Horford/Jaylen Brown/all future attractive 1sts and whatever else (besides Kyrie/Tatum/Hayward).

While many think that NOP would rather shut down operations than trade AD, I think their potential return on Davis may not be higher than now. I have to think that AD is receiving counsel from the great NBA players. He can look at KG as a guy that hung out too long in Minnesota before hitting a bigger market/team success.

2) Jimmy Butler to whatever team he wants for a future 1st and at least one starter on a decent contract. Minnesota should get whatever they can while they can. This guy is as good as gone. Most teams know this. Give Wiggins one last chance to be the man before making a decision on him.

3) DET, WAS, and POR should figure out that they are sellers sooner than later. I'd build for the future in all 3 instances.

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
What could New Orleans offer to Washington to get Otto Porter (without giving up Holiday, Mirotic or Davis)? They really just need one good wing player to compete with the best teams in the West.