Author Topic: What's the worst job you've ever had?  (Read 19609 times)

Re: What's the worst job you've ever had?
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 02:31:57 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
#1:  Overnight cleaning job:  clean Weathervane Restaurant kitchen in the middle of the night, getting on the ground to rake the grease out from under the fryer with a garden hoe. My co-worker was a speed demon and everything had to be done real fast to move on to the next job.

#2:  Rose factory (greenhouses plus packing room).  I worked in the packing room for 3 months standing on cement floor pulling thorny roses off a conveyer belt.  Fingers get all chewed up from being stabbed so many times.  Worked 75 hours back to back weeks to prepare for mother's day.

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 06:56:08 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I've had around a dozen jobs and all of my bosses have been pretty legit.  I've had some zeroes for co-workers, but the bosses have all been good.  Been pretty lucky so far.

1- best job was working for the city crew during the summers in high school.  The pay was measly ($5/hr), but at that age it bought pretty much everything I needed.  The work was usually thankless grub work, but you were outside and it was usually something different every day.  I also learned to drive truck at that job.  Plus nights and weekends off, which is huge when you're that age.

2- working on a highway painting crew was my worst job.  The pay was good, and the painting itself was pretty easy, but we were working long hours (close to 100 hrs a week), and we were constantly lying to the DOT about how many hours we were driving.  We were in the heart of the rocky mountains, and I came close several times of falling asleep behind the wheel.  I didn't want my days to end in a flaming semi cartwheeling down a mountain, so I quit after a couple of weeks.

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:16 AM »

fitzhickey

I've only had two jobs but my fave was coaching a basketball team
Got to control the team
And we went undefeated champions which was nice

Worst was being a basketball ref
You get berated so much even at high school level