Author Topic: The Tattoo Thread  (Read 26367 times)

The Tattoo Thread
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I've been looking around CelticsBlog for a thread that allows people to share their tattoos with the community and I haven't found one... so if there is one, forgive me and delete this thread.

I will be giving 1 TP to each poster that posts pictures of their tattoos (Not per tattoo, if anybody is covered I'd have to stay on here giving TPs every hour for days). I will however give 2 TPs to any poster who has a Celtics tattoo.

So with that being said I will start. I have gotten 7 tattoos so far in my 3 years of being tattoo legal. All of my tattoos were done at Visions Tattoo Gallery (http://visionstattoogallery.com), in Medway, Ma. Two of my tattoos were done by the owner, Canman. One was done by Joe, who has since left Visions and opened his own tattoo studio in Oregon. The other 4 were done by Jae, who was apprenticing when I got my first tattoo, so we've been around at Visions for the same time frame.

Six of my tattoos have been showcased by my college's annual magazine. One of my tattoos was showcased in "Tattoos for Men", a national tattoo publication. The owner of Visions called me up when he saw a picture of my tattoo that he had done, while in a Barnes and Noble in Florida... so that was pretty cool.

-Artist: Canman (This one was in Tattoos for Men)
-The Holy Spirit: (Matthew 3:16) "As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him."

-Artist: Canman (This was my first ever tattoo)
-It's a cross, not much to explain there.

-Artist: Joe
-This tattoo has two meanings for me. The symbol as a whole is a Celtic Knot (Because I'm Irish). If you break down the symbol as being one green knot and one black knot... it is two triquetras. A triquetra is a Christian symbol used to represent the trinity, or the father, the sun, and the holy spirit.

-Artist: Jae
-These are two separate tattoos on my arm. One being olive branches and one being Alpha Omega. I got the olive branches first, it was one of Jae's first tattoos he did, and for that reason, I got it for free. The olive branch represents peace. I wanted a peace tattoo but wanted to do something a little creative so most people would have to ask me what it meant. According to legend, olive branches were given to visitors of Athens as a sign of peace during the original olympic games. The olive branches looked kind of awkward on my arm alone, so I added a symbol for one of my favorite passages in the bible. (Revelation 22:13) "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Classic Greek alphabet. Since both symbols are Greek I thought they blended nicely.

-I confused a whole bunch of people with this. I am an interfaith Christian. I was born a Christian, and baptized, I consider myself Christocentric. However, I also believe in cooperative and positive interaction between religions, and I actually believe in many parts of other religions... for instance:
This tattoo combines a Buddhist symbol (Lotus) with a Hindu symbol (Aum/Om). The lotus symbol is commonly known as a reference to enlightenment, as a lotus roots from the mud of a pond it travel to the waters surface to open when the sunlight shines upon it. The Om symbol refers to meditation (Over simplification, it would take days to explain the whole meaning of the symbol). I was actually taught how to meditate by a Professor at my college who is an Interfaith Jew. Anyway, the whole tattoo together, to me, means "enlightenment through meditation".

-This one is pretty straight forward. Along with my belief in religious interrelations, I believe in the coexistence between different cultures, ethnicity, gender, etc.

Enjoy the thread everyone, I hope to see a lot of cool tattoos and learn a lot about my fellow CBers.

Peace!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:09:18 PM by MattG12 »

Re: The Tattoo Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:39:59 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
tp.....i love this idea for a thread.  i have a lot of tats, i dont really know how many i have, as along with having different tattoos, i have a sleeve as well. i have two celtics tattoos mixed in there  ;)

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
tp.....i love this idea for a thread.  i have a lot of tats, i dont really know how many i have, as along with having different tattoos, i have a sleeve as well. i have two celtics tattoos mixed in there  ;)

Right on! TP back at ya.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Not mine but thought this one fit the topic and was worth seeing on here.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE

Very cool, if it was yours I would have given you 2 TPs but you'll have to settle for 1.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

That's mine.

;D j/k

I don't have any tats. The only one I have really considered? The Celtics logo, of course.
I like your ink, Matt, btw. TP.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That thing is freaky!

Yup

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Right on! TP back at ya.

thx matt. id be willing to post them all, but there have been tattoo discussions on here where a lot of people made disparaging comments about them and the person for having them.  so i dont feel like being scrutinized or judged.  

im interested in seeing what other people have.

btw, i liked the ones u posted  :)

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

That's mine.

;D j/k

I don't have any tats. The only one I have really considered? The Celtics logo, of course.

whoa!  lol  ;D

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That's mine.

;D j/k

whoa!  lol  ;D

is that the Virgin Mary in the belly button / cat butt?
Yup

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

That's mine.

;D j/k

whoa!  lol  ;D

BLASPHEMY!

;)

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE

That's mine.

;D j/k

whoa!  lol  ;D

That's really weird, I see that too.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 08:10:16 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
lol..naw man..naw..

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic