Author Topic: 2018 NBA Combine  (Read 3160 times)

2018 NBA Combine
« on: May 17, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Some things that have stood out:

Bamba nearly 7'1" with shoes and has a wingspan of 7'10. He weighed in 226, which is basically the same weight Whiteside was during his combine.

Givony -
Trevon Duval, Anfernee Simons, Grayson Allen and Hamidou Diallo all tested vertical leaps over 40 inches (between 40.5 to 41.5). Still early, lot of guys left to be tested.

Grayson Allen's 10.31 lane agility speed is one of the five best marks in our NBA Combine database's history. Seems like he's going to end up testing off the charts here athletically.

Great first half from Donte DiVincenzo. Plays such a physical brand of basketball. Making the right plays passing ahead. Hit one deeeep NBA 3. Really playing confidently. I was skeptical about him playing here after his Final Four, but he's no question helping himself here.

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:13:54 PM by Eddie20 »

Re: 2018 NBA Combine
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:09:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Eddie Sefko

Verified account

@ESefko
Follow Follow @ESefko
More
Biggest wingspans at the NBA combine this year.
1. Mo Bamba (Texas) (7'10)
2. Udoka Azubuike (7'7)
3. Jaren Jackson (7'5.25)
T-4. Isaac Haas / Austin Wiley (7'5)
6. Ray Spalding (7'4.75)
7. Wendell Carter (7'4.5)
8. Bruno Fernando (7'4.25)
9. Kevin Hervey (UT-Arlington) (7'3.5)

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
More Bamba-

The 7-foot center measured in at the draft combine in Chicago this week with an eye-popping 7-foot-10 wingspan, according to NBA.com. It's the longest wingspan not only among the NBA Draft hopefuls in the 2018 class, but also all-time among players who have participated at the combine. He also had the longest standing reach (9-feet, 7.5 inches) among the combine participants in the current draft class.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Jontay Porter is a big who could fall to us at the #27 pick.  He's taller than I thought.  He measured at 6'10" barefoot, 6'11.5" in shoes.  His wing span is 7'0.25" and his standing reach is 9'1".

He's a very skilled player who was supposed to be a high school senior this year, but reclassified to play with his brother so he's young for his class.

He has a high body fat percetage of 13.85%.  That means he's not in ideal shape.  That could either be a bad thing or good thing.  It could be good because if he works to get in shape, his athleticism may improve.

Just for reference, his brother is a year and a half older, an elite athlete with a 6.4% body fat.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm liking jontay as well

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think Duval will be a steal. He has very good athleticism and a great handle. Also a very good defender. He simply can't shoot. Work with him for a couple of years and you have a legitimate starting point guard.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 05:41:26 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
More Bamba-

The 7-foot center measured in at the draft combine in Chicago this week with an eye-popping 7-foot-10 wingspan, according to NBA.com. It's the longest wingspan not only among the NBA Draft hopefuls in the 2018 class, but also all-time among players who have participated at the combine. He also had the longest standing reach (9-feet, 7.5 inches) among the combine participants in the current draft class.

Those are stupid numbers. Just utterly absurd. I'd love to find a way to use our rather large asset pool to move up for him, but someone will undoubtedly fall in love with Bamba early.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I think Duval will be a steal. He has very good athleticism and a great handle. Also a very good defender. He simply can't shoot. Work with him for a couple of years and you have a legitimate starting point guard.
Seems like a good steal if he is still on board. #1 ranked point guard out of high school like avery Bradley was

Nbadraft says  if he doesn't develop a jump shot he will be like rondo. I'll take that as a floor

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
Seems like a good steal if he is still on board. #1 ranked point guard out of high school like avery Bradley was

Nbadraft says  if he doesn't develop a jump shot he will be like rondo. I'll take that as a floor
I think that is a very good comparison actually. I think Duval's upside will be as good as anyone left in the draft at #27.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I think that is a very good comparison actually. I think Duval's upside will be as good as anyone left in the draft at #27.
which one is a good comparison rondo or Bradley?

I also read Trent Jr is good... Sort of opposite apparently. Decent offense, needs improvement on defense

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Some things that have stood out:

Bamba nearly 7'1" with shoes and has a wingspan of 7'10. He weighed in 226, which is basically the same weight Whiteside was during his combine.

Givony -
Trevon Duval, Anfernee Simons, Grayson Allen and Hamidou Diallo all tested vertical leaps over 40 inches (between 40.5 to 41.5). Still early, lot of guys left to be tested.

Grayson Allen's 10.31 lane agility speed is one of the five best marks in our NBA Combine database's history. Seems like he's going to end up testing off the charts here athletically.

Great first half from Donte DiVincenzo. Plays such a physical brand of basketball. Making the right plays passing ahead. Hit one deeeep NBA 3. Really playing confidently. I was skeptical about him playing here after his Final Four, but he's no question helping himself here.

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine/

TP Eddie. Always love draft information.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Wow Grayson allen surprising

Wonder if we can trade down with Atlanta to try to get both Duval at 30 and Allen at 33. If Duval gets taken then you get Allen and stash the other pick

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford

which one is a good comparison rondo or Bradley?

I also read Trent Jr is good... Sort of opposite apparently. Decent offense, needs improvement on defense

Rondo is a good comparison...Trent doesn't seem to have much of a handle. Also didn't really stand out defensively like Duval did at times. Maybe Trent can become a shooter off the bench, but I am not sure he becomes more than that. Duval has a higher ceiling.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 07:45:37 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Bobby Marks, who is in Chicago, said that he wouldn't be surprised if Melvin Frazier went 27 or 28. Perhaps it was just coincidence, but Frazier is a defensive player, with good length and athleticism, that prides himself on his defense, which seems like the quintessential Ainge guy.

Frazier's numbers-
Ht 6'6"
Wt 198.2
Wingspan 7' 1.75''
Standing Reach 8' 9''
Standing Vert 31
Max Vert 41.5

Last season he shot 55.6% from the field, 38.%% from 3's, and in 34.4 MPG averaged 15.9 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 2.9 APG, and 2.1 SPG. That steals seem to be evidence on his length and how disruptive he is defensively.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 07:54:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Donte DiVincenzo finished with a 42 inch vert and probably locked himself up as a 1st rd pick with his play.