Author Topic: 2015 Mock because it's never too early right  (Read 32789 times)

Re: 2015 Mock because it's never too early right
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2015, 02:48:41 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Yeah, San Antonio has played twice as many Western Conference opponents as the Clippers, so I think once their schedules swing the other way, the Spurs will come out on top in the standings.  I don't see Dallas or Houston falling behind them, either.  Phoenix or OKC *could* pass the Clippers, 6 games back is a big hole to come back from, but it's doable.

Toronto, Washington and Atlanta should all stay ahead, since they play the East a lot.  I think Chicago will actually win more as the season goes for the same reason, so even though they're a game back right now, they'll overtake them by season's end.  I don't see Milwaukee or Cleveland passing them, though.

So basically, I think the Clippers' pick will be 19.5th overall, with a very small chance of it falling to 14th.  There is really no chance of them drafting 12th.

Let's say they fall to 14th (first spot out of the playoffs) and we give that a 10% chance.  They then have a 1% chance of winning the lottery in that spot.  I am not sure exactly how to calculate that, but I'd say our odds look like:

40% - 20th Pick
35% - 19th Pick
10% - 21st Pick
9.99% - 14th Pick
5% - 17th, 18th or 22nd
0.01% - 1st, 2nd or 3rd

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Let's pray for good health for CP3

:D

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Yeah, San Antonio has played twice as many Western Conference opponents as the Clippers, so I think once their schedules swing the other way, the Spurs will come out on top in the standings.  I don't see Dallas or Houston falling behind them, either.  Phoenix or OKC *could* pass the Clippers, 6 games back is a big hole to come back from, but it's doable.

Toronto, Washington and Atlanta should all stay ahead, since they play the East a lot.  I think Chicago will actually win more as the season goes for the same reason, so even though they're a game back right now, they'll overtake them by season's end.  I don't see Milwaukee or Cleveland passing them, though.

So basically, I think the Clippers' pick will be 19.5th overall, with a very small chance of it falling to 14th.  There is really no chance of them drafting 12th.

Let's say they fall to 14th (first spot out of the playoffs) and we give that a 10% chance.  They then have a 1% chance of winning the lottery in that spot.  I am not sure exactly how to calculate that, but I'd say our odds look like:

40% - 20th Pick
35% - 19th Pick
10% - 21st Pick
9.99% - 14th Pick
5% - 17th, 18th or 22nd
0.01% - 1st, 2nd or 3rd
0.1 x 0.01 = 0.001

1 in a thousand chance we win the lottery via the Clippers pick.  :)  I'd say it's much less than that because I think it's less than 10% that they slip to 14.  But what a story it would be!

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

40% - 20th Pick
35% - 19th Pick
10% - 21st Pick
9.99% - 14th Pick
5% - 17th, 18th or 22nd
0.01% - 1st, 2nd or 3rd
0.1 x 0.01 = 0.001

1 in a thousand chance we win the lottery via the Clippers pick.  :)  I'd say it's much less than that because I think it's less than 10% that they slip to 14.  But what a story it would be!

Like Cleveland last year, right?
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Young Sabonis isn't expected to declare for the draft until 2016, where draftexpress.com has him late in the first round.
Gonzaga at Pepperdine tonight at 10:30ET.  Gonzaga is now 16-1 with the loss coming to Arizona in OT.  I'll watch tonight and see if I stay on the Sabonis bandwagon.  17 points and 10 rebounds per 36 on 70% shooting is pretty good.

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2015, 09:31:41 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
First time to really sit down and watch Stanley Johnson, pretty impressive. Leading Arizona in rebounding and very impressive in the open floor.

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2015, 09:42:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
First time to really sit down and watch Stanley Johnson, pretty impressive. Leading Arizona in rebounding and very impressive in the open floor.

Agree at his size he should be an instant contributor in NBA. Same size as Bass at SF but with 6'11 wingspan rather then Bass's 7'1. Almost identical measurement to Melo but Johnson is a muscular 245lbs compared to Melo pre draft weight of 233. He really is the Marcus Smart of SFs.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Agree at his size he should be an instant contributor in NBA. Same size as Bass at SF but with 6'11 wingspan rather then Bass's 7'1. Almost identical measurement to Melo but Johnson is a muscular 245lbs compared to Melo pre draft weight of 233. He really is the Marcus Smart of SFs.

And he is a good shooter. Very, very nice prospect.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2015, 10:26:45 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12

He's also got that killer instinct / winning mentality.

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2015, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

Young Sabonis isn't expected to declare for the draft until 2016, where draftexpress.com has him late in the first round.
Gonzaga at Pepperdine tonight at 10:30ET.  Gonzaga is now 16-1 with the loss coming to Arizona in OT.  I'll watch tonight and see if I stay on the Sabonis bandwagon.  17 points and 10 rebounds per 36 on 70% shooting is pretty good.
18 points on 9-9 shooting with 12 rebounds.  I remain on the bandwagon.

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2015, 08:36:12 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Is he a less athletic Jabari Parker?

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2015, 08:57:45 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Is he a less athletic Jabari Parker?

Just from clips and the game I saw last night, I would say he is at least as athletic as Parker.  His body is completely different though, I think Parker is kind of soft body type, Johnson is a physical specimen, he is a legit 6'7 240 of muscle...

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
This draft looks to be shaping up a lot like last year.

About 3 guys with superstar potential, and expected all star talent:

Okafor
Mudiay
Towns

Then a stack of about 4-5 elite role play starters, with potential to crack an all star team.

Hezonja
Johnson
Winslow
Russell
Porzingis

And who knows who else will emerge. Wherever the Celtics land they are going to get someone nice.

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/full-2015-nba-mock-draft-11815/

Looks like a good mock, NBA insider has a good group of writers who seems really in touch with NBA personnel.

This mocks has the Cs landing WCS @ #5, Hollis-Jefferson @ #23, Osman @ #33, Holmes @ #35 and Mitrovic @ #56

I like the first round. Both players project as elite defenders and athletes at their positions. I do wonder if DA would go with two players who are so limited offensively. The second round picks with the exception of Holmes I know little about. I do think Holmes will be a solid bench player in the pros.

My criticism of this mock would be that Jerian Grant is to low at #39 (I think he goes low 20s). i also think Alexander and Harrell should be swapped with Harrel going 16 and Alexander 20.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/full-2015-nba-mock-draft-11815/

Looks like a good mock, NBA insider has a good group of writers who seems really in touch with NBA personnel.

This mocks has the Cs landing WCS @ #5, Hollis-Jefferson @ #23, Osman @ #33, Holmes @ #35 and Mitrovic @ #56

I like the first round. Both players project as elite defenders and athletes at their positions. I do wonder if DA would go with two players who are so limited offensively. The second round picks with the exception of Holmes I know little about. I do think Holmes will be a solid bench player in the pros.

My criticism of this mock would be that Jerian Grant is to low at #39 (I think he goes low 20s). i also think Alexander and Harrell should be swapped with Harrel going 16 and Alexander 20.

Man, Stanley Johnson would be really had to pass up at 5 but I would be ok with WCS if that's the way it fell...