0 (0%)
Dallas in 5
0 (0%)
Dallas in 6
3 (13%)
Dallas in 7
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Poll: Who win? Minnesota-Dallas  (Read 804 times)

Goldstar88, celticsclay, angryguy77, BudweiserCeltic, rocknrollforyoursoul and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Poll: Who win? Minnesota-Dallas
« on: Today at 06:32:43 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Saw the Celtics-Pacers poll, so great see who everyone think bout who win between Minnesota-Dallas
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Poll: Who win? Minnesota-Dallas
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:37:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Minnesota in 6 what I’m thinking..Towns & Gobert May be too much for Dallas upfront
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:40:56 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
MIN has certainly shown they can win big games on the road.  MIN in 6 is probably about right.  My sense is that MIN is the better team by a fair bit.  My over under would be 5.5 games.

The risk is they come out with a hangover or whatever after the high of beating DEN.  We’ll see if they can overcome that.

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:55:27 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 709
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think it goes 7

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:46:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1560
Dallas in 6 is what I picked, wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 or 7 though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:59:36 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 483
I think the playoffs favor defensive teams.  Minnesota is a very tough defensive team and I think that will Trump Dallas offense.  However Dallas has been paying great so I think in the end Defense wins in 7 games.

« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:06:53 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
I think Minni in either 5 or 7. I think they protect their home court, but their only chances at a road win are games 3 and 4
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: Today at 11:06:49 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Experience matters. Championship experience matters. Kyrie has that. Not sure about anyone else on the Wolves. They haven't been on that deep of a run in 20 years.

Dallas in 6.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: Today at 11:59:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1560
Dallas' lack of interior scoring is actually a plus this series and negates one of the Wolves strongest parts.  Taking Gobert, Towns, and Reid out of the paint will be huge. And it isn't like Doncic or Irving score a whole bunch in the paint either. Towns having to guard Washington on the perimeter all game will be interesting. Just really fascinated to see what the Wolves do defensively and lineup wise, as I don't think they can scheme anywhere close to the same way they schemed the Nuggets.  On the other end, I'm really curious to see if Jones can stay with Edwards defensively. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:37:58 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 567
I think Minnesota is probably a better match up doe Dallas than Denver would have been. They had no answer for Jokic, both their centers are more athleticism than strength guys.

I think Minnesota can do a very good job guarding Dallas, they have the length to narrow the Doncic passing lanes. What will be more interesting is the Minesota offense vs Dallas defense. This is easily the best defense Min has faced these playoffs, and i think its possible Dallas can shut off their offense enough to make this a series.

If the support guys on Dallas shoot like they did against OKC then they have a chance. If they don't, Minnesota will control the series.

I'll say Minnesota in 7 but I'd take Minnesota in 6 before I picked Dallas.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:44:16 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #10 on: Today at 01:04:19 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
I've got Dallas in 6. We haven't seen it this year as much, but historically Rudy Gobert has been played off the court by teams that stretch the floor well. I anticipate that will happen here.

I'm quite curious how Minny does their primary defensive assignments. I'm guessing they will do McDaniels on Irving? That leaves Ant on Doncic though.

« Reply #11 on: Today at 01:30:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
TWolves in 5……Mavs loose game 1 they might get swept

« Reply #12 on: Today at 01:40:18 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Dallas' lack of interior scoring is actually a plus this series and negates one of the Wolves strongest parts.  Taking Gobert, Towns, and Reid out of the paint will be huge. And it isn't like Doncic or Irving score a whole bunch in the paint either. Towns having to guard Washington on the perimeter all game will be interesting. Just really fascinated to see what the Wolves do defensively and lineup wise, as I don't think they can scheme anywhere close to the same way they schemed the Nuggets.  On the other end, I'm really curious to see if Jones can stay with Edwards defensively.

The Wolves smoked the Suns, a perimeter team, giving up just 103 ppg in a 4-game sweep.

I think Dallas's defense is the key to the series. If they are getting stops and boards they'll have an easier time getting down the court and generating shots before Minnesota's defense is set, creating chaos by making Minny's bigs having to make quick decisions on the perimeter.

Minny reminds me a lot of the Celtics from 2 years ago. They feed on defense and momentum. Play tough defense against them and protect the basketball and you steal a lot of their mojo.

IMO this is why the Suns and other bad defensive teams usually underperform in the playoffs. The 2 phases of the game feed off of one another. The jury is still out on Dallas. I'm not sure I fully believe in their role players just yet.  Kyrie and Luka are not exactly physical dynamos; covering up for their defensive deficiencies will put a lot of pressure on the Mavs supporting cast.

« Reply #13 on: Today at 05:35:37 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas takes this series. Mavs are a lot more athletic after adding Washington and Gafford at the trade deadline. Their defense has been better, too. They have Washington, Jones Jr and Josh Green to put on Edwards. Those guys are solid defenders and they have size. Lively and Gafford should matchup well with Towns. I expect this one to go 6 or 7 games.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.