Author Topic: Sully's and Fab Melo's rookie photo shoot  (Read 13900 times)

Sully's and Fab Melo's rookie photo shoot
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:32:53 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:22:08 AM by bfrombleacher »

Re: Sully and Fab Melo's rookie photo shoot
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
fab is long

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Man Sully has trimmed down a bit more since summer league. Should be able to keep up with Rondo now!

Well that is if Doc let him see the floor when its not a blow out...:P

Melo looks good to. Im hoping he has the same improvement like he did last summer.

And doesn't p--- KG off in camp...:o

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:09:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Don't we have one more rookie?
Kris Joseph

I guess he didn't get any photos?  Seems kind of unfair...

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 01:37:41 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Sully hired a personal chef right before the draft, it seems like it's been working out. I'm also pretty sure that his draft position has done nothing but drive him to prove everyone wrong. Judging from some of this kid's quotes there's no way that his weight will be an issue.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

And doesn't p--- KG off in camp...:o

He maybe young , but he an't stupid.
 It will be more like " yes sir , Mr Garrnet ..sir , woulds ya s like mo peanut butter on your sandwich." Can I wax your car or clean your tennis shoes today?"  ;D 

Sully definelty has trimmed downed.  Fab looks healthy too.

A couple months at KG's personal NBA rookie training camp should get them off on the right foot deveoplement wise.  ;D

Was surprized not to see third of our big three rookies too.

Anyrate... these three new Celtics along with  AB and Rondo , should be fun to watch .   

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:28:17 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
fab is long

I'm not sure if Fab should bulk up, and how much.

Probably just 10-15 pounds or so, to 265-270.

He should mostly just focus on strengthening his legs/base, and not get too bulky in his upper body.

Melo moves so well for a big, and has such great shot-blocking instincts. Keeping all of that quickness might be as important as gaining enough weight to body up Dwight and Andrew B.

Hopefully Melo can both gain weight and retain all his quickness.

Can't wait to watch this guy alter shots.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
Don't we have one more rookie?
Kris Joseph

I guess he didn't get any photos?  Seems kind of unfair...

Because *his contract is* un-guaranteed
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:17:38 AM by bfrombleacher »

Re: Sully's and Fab Melo's rookie photo shoot
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Fab has all the physical gifts, quick, tall, can run all day passes good and can see the floor well for a big. DA is right ,you can't learn these , they are the correct foundation to build on though.
  What he needs is to combine all this natural gifts into NBA basketball level game.  Needs to learn his defenses , needs a good short- mid range jumper and develope a nice set of post moves.

QUestion I guess is will he mold himself into an offensive minded player...like Hakeem or will he stay stagnant and be like Hollins, a physical nothing.
.  I'm hoping he is aggressive with his offensive game and learns all he can from PP and KG .     

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
fab is long

i hope he can get stiemers shot blocking ability so he can crack the rotation.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:47 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Fab has all the physical gifts, quick, tall, can run all day passes good and can see the floor well for a big. DA is right ,you can't learn these , they are the correct foundation to build on though.
  What he needs is to combine all this natural gifts into NBA basketball level game.  Needs to learn his defenses , needs a good short- mid range jumper and develope a nice set of post moves.

QUestion I guess is will he mold himself into an offensive minded player...like Hakeem or will he stay stagnant and be like Hollins, a physical nothing.
.  I'm hoping he is aggressive with his offensive game and learns all he can from PP and KG .   

While I won't argue with too much of this (although I think you are being a bit generous on some of his attributes, the theme is the same...he has the tools), you can't overstate the mental part of the game, even for a big.  Just ask Patty O'Bryant.  Physical ability is great, and a necessity, but what sets apart NBA players from the guys who just wash out, is their ability to put in the work, and grasp the systems and nuances of NBA basketball.

That is still a huge questionmark for Melo.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within

While I won't argue with too much of this (although I think you are being a bit generous on some of his attributes, the theme is the same...he has the tools), you can't overstate the mental part of the game, even for a big.  Just ask Patty O'Bryant.  Physical ability is great, and a necessity, but what sets apart NBA players from the guys who just wash out, is their ability to put in the work, and grasp the systems and nuances of NBA basketball.

That is still a huge questionmark for Melo.

There are only a few NBA players that have "learned" the game as late as him and they are one trick ponies. He seems committed to being a complete player which is admirable. I just don't know if you can "learn" the NBA game in a few years of competitive ball. So much relies on "Feel". You can see where he tries to do things he saw on film; but just does not have the consistency that comes from doing something since you were 6 or 7.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
What the hell kind of poses are those lol.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
What the hell kind of poses are those lol.

I can't believe you're the first one to say this haha. TP. It's kind of half the reason I posted this thread.

A 7'0 foot monster and a 6'9 bulldozer... frolicking in the sun.