Author Topic: Pats vs Titans (10/18)  (Read 24456 times)

Re: Pats vs Titans (10/18)
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Well I mean what about when the Celts beat the Knicks by like 50 a couple years ago?  You put the backups in but they still run their offense.  How is it any different?  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
They were saying in the post game following the 07-08 season Fischer took shots a Bellicheck for running up the score during the season and they said basically it may be a "BB doesnt forget" situation

Actually its was 2006-2007. I still remember that game. Its was a blowout with less than a minute (I think) and vinny was in for Tom. And they kept throwing it until Vinny got his lone TD of the season.

No dude it was when Fischer was on the competition committee following the 07-08 season, he made comments about Bellicheck, and then couldn't back them up when push came to shove.   
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
They were saying in the post game following the 07-08 season Fischer took shots a Bellicheck for running up the score during the season and they said basically it may be a "BB doesnt forget" situation

Actually its was 2006-2007. I still remember that game. Its was a blowout with less than a minute (I think) and vinny was in for Tom. And they kept throwing it until Vinny got his lone TD of the season.

No dude it was when Fischer was on the competition committee following the 07-08 season, he made comments about Bellicheck, and then couldn't back them up when push came to shove.   

Yes dude. Last time Pats played the titans it was 2006-2007 last game of the season in 2007. Never question me!

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i only thought this type of stuff happened in jail  :o

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Throwing on first down from the 50 yard line with 5 minutes left.  The Pats might think they need to get their "swagger" back, but that type of classlessness is what ends up getting your players hurt.  Opposing players will be that much more tempted to take cheap shots.

Two things:

1) its the back up Quarterback and offense. Yes, welker is on the field, but that's because we don't have 8 WR's. It does no good to make him hand off every down. He needs reps, and that means running the regular offense.

You don't see the garbage time lineup for us taking 24 second violations to avoid hurting the other teams feelings do you?

If tom and the first unit was on the field, i would agree with you. Color me unimpressed with this part of the argument.

2) I am so sick and tired of this pop warner football mentality. Simms actually had the cojnes to say that we might want to think about taking tom out once we went up 38-0 in the first half.

Here's a thought, mabey the Titans defense could attempt to show up. You laced them up, how about playing a few downs on defense?

The level to which I'm supposed to "feel sorry" for athletes making millions of dollars getting thier ego's bruised is ridiculous.

The patriots handled this game just fine. They beat up on a team, pulled thier starting offense early in the third quarter, and commenced letting thier backup QB get some reps in against a NFL defense instead of the practice squad.

Typical Belichick fan.

Way to deflect instead of addressing any of the points.

Typical pee wee football fan and belichick hater.

Look how easy it is to dismiss people out of hand instead of actually articulating a point!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:48:02 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Classless once, classless always, I guess.

You are quickly assumung that this was actually in Bill's brain when it was merely a speculation by talking heads. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that pay back was any part ofthe equation.  I think BB was just focused on running a few plays for Hoyer and that was his priority at the moment.  I don't think BB gives much thought to what others would think about using the opportunity to get his rookie some action against an NFL team.

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Good to see Maroney have a great game, dude was running hard and we finally got to see his speed put to good use.

Great game, Brady was obviously on point and the defense was very good. Meriweather and McGowan are such an awesome safety duo, both are very fast to the ball and can freakin hit. I love hearing the classless claims again, means the Pats are smashing teams. The Pats had basically all backups in, if the Titans cant stop them then too bad.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:55:39 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I can't believe they didn't challenge that safety.  Would've gotten to 60 and the record for biggest winning margin.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Total ineptitude by the Titans on this one, I think its a disgrace to the game to never take the field ready to play when you are already 0-5.  Good to see they are a team with some pride in themselves.  

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Well I mean what about when the Celts beat the Knicks by like 50 a couple years ago?  You put the backups in but they still run their offense.  How is it any different?  

Because he doesn't like bill and buys into the "your not allowed to play anymore once it would hurt the other teams feelings" argument.

Every time i see that i ask:

as rondo pointed out, why is it acceptable to put your bench in and have them try to score when your up 20+ with under 4 to go? if they simply took 24 second violations and played defense, it's mathematically imposable to come back.

Why don't NHL teams dump and chase and never attempt to run an offense once they are up a large number of goals?

Why don't MLB teams stop swinging once they are up in blowouts (10+ runs with 1 or 2 innings left) in an attempt to not pile it on?

The answer here will be some sort of contrived "It's different" argument when it really isn't at all. But, for some reason, in football we have aquired this "your mean if you put your backups in and keep trying to score" thought process.

My thinking is it pretty much stems from college football, where bigger programs typically put beat downs on lower class schools, and tend to pull their starters early and don't run any semblance of thier offense for the rest of the game.

And, in college, i understand and agree with that. But in the NFL, you are payed a large amount of money to go out and do your job. Just like the other professional sports, when you lace them up, you go out and play the full game.

The only obligation the patriots had here was to pull Tom and the starters early. He was gone with 11 minutes left in the third, as was everyone else but welker.

Non-issue.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2009, 07:46:42 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I can't believe they didn't challenge that safety.  Would've gotten to 60 and the record for biggest winning margin.

Isn't the record 73-0?  (Go Bears.)  Maybe the Super Bowl era record?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2009, 07:48:51 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Isn't the record 73-0?  (Go Bears.)  Maybe the Super Bowl era record?

Against the skins right?

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Because he doesn't like bill and buys into the "your not allowed to play anymore once it would hurt the other teams feelings" argument.

as rondo pointed out, why is it acceptable to put your bench in and have them try to score when your up 20+ with under 4 to go? if they simply took 24 second violations and played defense, it's mathematically imposable to come back.

If a team is bombing shots early in the shot clock with 4 minutes left in a 50 point lead, that's pretty classless, too.  Or, if a team is going out of its way to dunk or shoot threes with less than 24 seconds left in a game that's over, that's pretty classless, too.

Basically, you guys are creating a false comparison. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2009, 07:50:34 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

If a team is bombing shots early in the shot clock with 4 minutes left in a 50 point lead, that's pretty classless, too.  Or, if a team is going out of its way to dunk or shoot threes with less than 24 seconds left in a game that's over, that's pretty classless, too.

No way, it was all dump passes and bad tackling by the Titans. 

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

So you admit that the celtics in the championship season were pretty classless then?

Because i can remember, and had no problem with, at least 5 to 6 games where we were up huge with under 3 to go and the bench was running plays and burying open shots. Eddie house is particularity fun to watch in those situations.  :D

Why, under your attempted dismissal of the comparison, was that ok? shouldn't they have been taking 24 second violations and getting back on defense?

The game was out of reach, their was no point to scoring other than "running up the score". The game was over, all they have to do is take the violation. IT even limits potential fast breaks, which as a half court defensive team would be even better for us.