Author Topic: Dude, what's up with your pic?  (Read 14949 times)

Re: Dude, what's up with your pic?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »

Offline Kevin72790

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Jimi Hendrix, because I love him and his music. He represents everything I stand for.

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 10:22:23 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Jimi Hendrix, because I love him and his music. He represents everything I stand for.

Then our poster "Jimi Hendrix"
must be your favorite poster  ;)

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3775
  • Yup

Copious amounts of acid?
Yup

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Well, after the cb draft I had to change my Indiana Pacers logo for obvious reason. Feeling an absolute lack of creativity I google searched "basketball" and picked the best picture on the first page.

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Captain Spaulding...because he's a sick, insane, murderously evil clown, but in an entertaining, humorous, "it's only a movie" kinda way.
Yup

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Captain Spaulding...because he's a sick, insane, murderously evil clown, but in an entertaining, humorous, "it's only a movie" kinda way.

I prefer this cigar smoking psycho-clown.

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 11:23:21 AM »

Offline Kevin72790

• Xavier Tillman

Copious amounts of acid?
Jimi himself said nobody needs to take acid to understand certain things or feel certain things, just go in with an open mind and open ears.

Thanks for trying though. Not sure if you were trying to be funny or knocking Jimi.

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 11:34:26 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
i think it was just a joke....
i had a laugh.

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 11:35:46 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Copious amounts of acid?
Jimi himself said nobody needs to take acid to understand certain things or feel certain things, just go in with an open mind and open ears.

Thanks for trying though. Not sure if you were trying to be funny or knocking Jimi.

Knowing Redz, I think he was just goofin' with ya...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Copious amounts of acid?

Well...I'm a huge fan of Jimi's music and feel sort of cheated that I didn't get to hear him transition into some of the jazzier stuff he was starting mess around with.  That said, he died of an overdose.  If he represents "everything" you stand for, that's got to be included.

Not knocking Jimi, so much as pointing out that that's part of what he represents, and that's not such a positive thing.  He certainly wasn't the first or last genius to do himself in, but the drug overdose part is a part of his "everything" that might not be worth representing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:50:09 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Copious amounts of acid?

Knowing Redz, I think he was just goofin' with ya...

-sw

Kinda, sorta, but also trying to make a point.
Yup

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 12:31:20 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 969
Mine is a picture of a young guy with immense talent who got me excited about his potential to help bring the Celtics back to the promised land...Well, it happened but just not the way I had imagined!

Without Big Al, there would have been no number 17..thank you Big Al for ending our suffering and being enticing enough to the TWolves and allowing us to require KG...

Please come back to us in a few years when you are ready to win a few championships yourself.

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »

Offline SportsCapNative

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
  • "No one Ever Really Dies"
My Avatar is simply a pic of October (2008) on a calendar.

My sig is of the professional sports clubs in Boston (Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins). Just a simple Sig I made while bored at the house.

The Sports Capital of America

New England Patriots \\\'01 \\\'03 \\\'04 - Boston Red Sox \\\'04 \\\'07 - Boston Celtics \\\'08

I love Tony Allen!

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »

Offline Kevin72790

• Xavier Tillman

Copious amounts of acid?

Well...I'm a huge fan of Jimi's music and feel sort of cheated that I didn't get to hear him transition into some of the jazzier stuff he was starting mess around with.  That said, he died of an overdose.  If he represents "everything" you stand for, that's got to be included.

Not knocking Jimi, so much as pointing out that that's part of what he represents, and that's not such a positive thing.  He certainly wasn't the first or last genius to do himself in, but the drug overdose part is a part of his "everything" that might not be worth representing.
It really is a shame huh? He had planned to work with Miles Davis and Sly Stone. Atleast we can hear some of the things he was moving towards with "Cry of Love" or "First Rays of the New Rising Sun".

He didn't die of an overdose though. He died of choking on his own vomit. He took 8 sleeping pills, because in a few days he was due to take a long plane trip all the way to the west coast from England. He wanted to get rest after months of touring with little sleep.

The night before he had a drink of red wine, and apparently he threw up in his sleep but he was laying on his back so he choked.

A sad thing really.

I'm not a supporter of drugs, but I am a supporter of going into life and all it's obstacles with an open mind. And that's what Jimi represents to me. To everyone else it might be different. I understand your point completely though.

www.youtube.com/user/theearthblues if you wanna check out some rare material i upload

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Copious amounts of acid?

It really is a shame huh? He had planned to work with Miles Davis and Sly Stone. Atleast we can hear some of the things he was moving towards with "Cry of Love" or "First Rays of the New Rising Sun".

He didn't die of an overdose though. He died of choking on his own vomit. He took 8 sleeping pills, because in a few days he was due to take a long plane trip all the way to the west coast from England. He wanted to get rest after months of touring with little sleep.

The night before he had a drink of red wine, and apparently he threw up in his sleep but he was laying on his back so he choked.

A sad thing really.

I'm not a supporter of drugs, but I am a supporter of going into life and all it's obstacles with an open mind. And that's what Jimi represents to me. To everyone else it might be different. I understand your point completely though.

www.youtube.com/user/theearthblues if you wanna check out some rare material i upload

Kevin, I didn't mean it to come out like a "busting on Kevin for liking Jimi" thing.  Jimi was a genius in his own right.  I guess it was more a semantics thing reading into "representing everything you stand for."  My only point was that there were some "not so positive" things that were sadly a part of Jimi's demise (and those might not be the best things to be considered representative of).

Anyhow, I didn't mean to turn this into a cut up session.  Sorry `bout that.

TP for lovin' Jimi, and I will check out that link...Thanks
Yup