Author Topic: Rajon's Top 10 Plays Of The 2007-2008 Season - Most Improved Player Candidate  (Read 5738 times)

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Maybe not his most spectacular play, but the putback against Dallas was a huge play in that game.  Great highlights.  He does make some unbelievable plays that are totally unique to his style.
Yup

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Leon Powe has my vote for MIP.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Fun collection of Rondo highlights! What a joy it is to watch him play!

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i remember saying a while ago that i wanted to see a rondo top ten so i'm delighted this has been made.

such a great player to watch, hopefully he'll continue to progress the way he has been because this player is a little gem.

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Nice mix. God #1 is ridonculous, I never get tired of that play, he jumped from further out than I thought.

Offline The Big 3

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
He has lots of ankle breakers...that trick of his showing the ball behind the back then pull it back and lay it up...could only be achieved by a person whose hands are the size of the a medium pizza...
It's our job (fans) to point out what is wrong with the team, it's the coach's job NOT to listen to us.

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
number 3 and 4 are my favorites of the season.

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Maybe not his most spectacular play, but the putback against Dallas was a huge play in that game.  Great highlights.  He does make some unbelievable plays that are totally unique to his style.

I agree.  I thought that was gonna be a #1 or #2.  Not only was it great due to timing (end of game), but also for the fact that you've got a PG challenging a 7 footer on a rebound.

Also, didn't he have a sick dunk on that game too?  Maybe it was on their big center's face.
Baby Jesus!

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Leon Powe has my vote for MIP.

i love powe, but his leap in ability is second to rondo's. not only did rondo improve in every area by leaps and bounds, but he did it as a starter with the weight of a franchise on his shoulders. We all take him for granted now, but what if he HADEN'T improved himself the way he has? what if he was making typical 2nd year PG mistakes, turning the ball over, and still couldn't hit a jumper? Imagine where we would be, it wouldn't be out of the playoffs, but it certainly wouldn't be 1# seed with a chance to win it.

Leon had a fantastic year. Rondo had a fantastic year under an incredible microscope, and was told he would fail by anyone who would listen. Rondo wins my vote for most improved player, hands down.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:20:40 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
no 360????!!!!
that was my favorite play  ;D
never mind me, i just love 360's  ;D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I've probably posted this one a half dozen times, but it always comes to mind whenever Rondo highlights are being discussed.  This one opened my eyes to the special abilities he possesses.  Pre-season vs. Knicks last year (2006)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dd5VRZ314I
Yup

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-W1gEQlo_yQ

he deserves this award.

haha what if the celtics ran this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeXjTTNW56U

Become Legendary.