Author Topic: Am I the only one wanting more?  (Read 12098 times)

Re: Am I the only one wanting more?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2022, 08:20:38 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I have a feeling Bryant is going to the Lakers if they get Kyrie. What’s taking him too long to decide haha!

I agree that he is probably going there also. If he does go there then I don't respect him as someone trying to win. That would tell me he's just in it for the bright lights rather than joining a potential ring winning team.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2022, 08:33:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Himmelsbach said there's no longer any talk of the Celtics using the big TPE.

Brogdon was probably our big move. And a team that gets within 2 games of a title probably shouldn't be making a ton of moves.
Correct, plus there's still a ton of time to see what happens in SL, for example.  Doesn't seem like doing much more right now makes sense.

I don't trust these reports. How many of these reporters saw the Brogdon trade going down? or the Derrick White trade? Celtics are very good at keeping their cards close to vest. Plus with all the market volatility (Spurs tank, Jazz restructure, Nets blow up, etc.), there could be a really good player becoming available who would fit into the Fournier TPE.  July 18 is over 2 weeks away.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2022, 08:41:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Question:

Due to games missed last season, Jonathan Isaac only earned $16mm.  His cap hold is $17.4 mm.  If we could somehow swing a trade to get him, would we be able to use the $17.1 Fournier TPE?  I'm doubtful, but thought I'd ask someone who would know. Thanks.

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2022, 10:35:35 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
MORE MORE MORE!!!!

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2022, 10:50:12 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
BAAANNNNEEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2022, 11:00:54 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Should we grab Jae Crowder?

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2022, 11:03:00 AM »

Offline stes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Question:

Due to games missed last season, Jonathan Isaac only earned $16mm.  His cap hold is $17.4 mm.  If we could somehow swing a trade to get him, would we be able to use the $17.1 Fournier TPE?  I'm doubtful, but thought I'd ask someone who would know. Thanks.

I don’t think so. But I think we could use the TPE on someone else and then immediately ship him out in a trade for somebody on a bigger salary such as Isaac, as long as it would be a 1 for 1 trade. Although it would have to be someone that would be an interesting target to Magic. But I thought it is an interesting way to turn the TPE into a larger salary

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2022, 11:11:25 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
as 13th Kessler Edwards

as 14th Eric Paschall

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2022, 11:46:03 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I think the Celtics have 12 players on the roster right now. I think they should bring over Begarin, add one more wing and one more big. As others have said, they will probably be minimum deals given how much money the Celtics have spent already but I do wonder if someone like Poeltl could be gotten for a 2nd rounder or something like that. Maybe he'd bristle at such a dropoff in roll but he'd be a heck of a luxury and could fit in the TPE easy.

I wonder if Cousins could be had for the minimum.  I liked what he gave Denver last season.  He'll have his outbursts and he doesn't move like he did before the injuries, but he's also probably the only guy left on the market (within our price range, anyway) who you can actually run offense through for stretches.

We can't pay him much and he can probably find a larger role elsewhere, but we can offer him a chance to compete for a title.  In a perfect world I'd prefer a more defensive-minded big to fill out that part of our roster, but I really don't like any of the available options more than Boogie.
I've long been against ever letting Cousins into the Celtic locker room but... If he's been humbled and is serious now and could be gotten for the minimum (it's possible, I don't know who is giving him more than that at the moment) that could be potentially very nice.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2022, 11:53:05 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I think the Celtics have 12 players on the roster right now. I think they should bring over Begarin, add one more wing and one more big. As others have said, they will probably be minimum deals given how much money the Celtics have spent already but I do wonder if someone like Poeltl could be gotten for a 2nd rounder or something like that. Maybe he'd bristle at such a dropoff in roll but he'd be a heck of a luxury and could fit in the TPE easy.

I wonder if Cousins could be had for the minimum.  I liked what he gave Denver last season.  He'll have his outbursts and he doesn't move like he did before the injuries, but he's also probably the only guy left on the market (within our price range, anyway) who you can actually run offense through for stretches.

We can't pay him much and he can probably find a larger role elsewhere, but we can offer him a chance to compete for a title.  In a perfect world I'd prefer a more defensive-minded big to fill out that part of our roster, but I really don't like any of the available options more than Boogie.
I've long been against ever letting Cousins into the Celtic locker room but... If he's been humbled and is serious now and could be gotten for the minimum (it's possible, I don't know who is giving him more than that at the moment) that could be potentially very nice.

Having Cousins and Smart on the roster is awesome! LOL

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Having Cousins and Smart on the roster is awesome! LOL

Ha.  So many of my non-Celtics binkies are potentially available, at least theoretically.  Boogie, Iguodala, Gay. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2022, 07:57:20 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
Is Warren still available?  If so, what would he cost.  I like his game, good for 40+% from 3 and a solid 6'8''.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2022, 07:59:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is Warren still available?  If so, what would he cost.  I like his game, solid 40+% from 3 and a strong 6'8''.

He’s out there.  The cost is the big unknown.  Most speculated he’d be a taxpayer MLE guy..

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2022, 08:12:58 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Well, tbh, I am a little hesitant to add guys who EXPECT to play major minutes. We've seen a Celtics team completely fall apart do to playing time issues.

More to the point, it doesn't really matter what any of us want. The team is projecting to be 20+ million over the tax line, and they are pretty unlikely to keep stacking salary beyond that for end of bench guys. And I'm fine with that, they spent what they should spend for a contender.

Most likely they fill out the bench with a vet min center, a couple of their second round pick guys, and go from there.

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2022, 08:15:40 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Am I alone in thinking we should add more players to the end of the roster? Guys that can play in a pinch.

Weren't you also the guy complaining that we weren't doing anything again?

We don't have room for much, other than maybe a backup big at a cheap price.