Author Topic: Am I the only one wanting more?  (Read 12110 times)

Re: Am I the only one wanting more?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2022, 05:15:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Himmelsbach said there's no longer any talk of the Celtics using the big TPE.

Brogdon was probably our big move. And a team that gets within 2 games of a title probably shouldn't be making a ton of moves.
Correct, plus there's still a ton of time to see what happens in SL, for example.  Doesn't seem like doing much more right now makes sense.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2022, 05:16:17 PM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Warren and Whiteside

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2022, 05:19:18 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I’d love one more move, but I think that isn’t in the cards.  Brogdon is better than anyone I was hoping for with the TPE, so I’m at peace with it.

Until he signs somewhere else for more than the minimum, I’m holding out hope for TJ Warren.  I’m less concerned than most about a big.  Whomever we get is likely to be similarly ineffective.  I know we need a body, but it’ll just be a body.

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2022, 05:19:48 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I tend to think they won’t be using the TPE. Question for you capologists: Is there any way to preserve the TPE through creative maneuvers? Eg 3 team deal or anything?

I don’t know any. You’d need to create a new one (i.e., send out more salary without taking any back). But we don’t have a big salary we want to ship out.

In a way, getting Brogdon was like using the TPE, but better. They got a player whose salary was in the high teens - similar to what they’d get by using the TPE. Ideally he’s healthy and plays really well - better, say, than Huerter, a guy they looked at for the TPE -  it they paid almost nothing. And we were able to get off Theis’ salary, which might have cost us a pick if we did it in a separate deal.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2022, 05:19:55 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
I wonder if Cousins could be had for the minimum.  I liked what he gave Denver last season.  He'll have his outbursts and he doesn't move like he did before the injuries, but he's also probably the only guy left on the market (within our price range, anyway) who you can actually run offense through for stretches.

We can't pay him much and he can probably find a larger role elsewhere, but we can offer him a chance to compete for a title.  In a perfect world I'd prefer a more defensive-minded big to fill out that part of our roster, but I really don't like any of the available options more than Boogie. 

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2022, 05:22:05 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
We all want more, in an ideal world. Whether it’s feasible to have more high end players is another story though. Vet min guys who know their roles is one thing. More mouths to feed is another. Remember what happened in 2018-19 when we had Cryrie, Jayson, Jaylen, Al, Mook, Terry, Smartacus, Gordon, Timelord, Baynes, Theis and the bench. Team was loaded but we had problems all year with players wanting playing time. And affecting chemistry and morale. I think your in the risk of over tinkering with lineups when that happens too.

I’m happy with our main rotation right now. Ime won’t play more than 8 or 9 guys regularly anyway. We just need some decent vet min guys that will know their roles and perform them when needed, eg in case of injury or load management.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2022, 05:28:56 PM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
Any rumors on Warren. Saw the Cavs had interest.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2022, 05:28:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
MORE?

here ya go!

;)

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2022, 05:34:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
What is taking Bryant so long to choose. Is LeBron promising things?

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2022, 05:34:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Yep. I want a glut of legit guys that can play.
Well said. Sick of looking at the end of the bench and seeing no-one who can be counted on to contribute.

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2022, 05:38:40 PM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
I still think we need another big that can eat up 15+ minutes. Unless you plan on LK taking those.

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2022, 05:44:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2022, 07:59:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I tend to think they won’t be using the TPE. Question for you capologists: Is there any way to preserve the TPE through creative maneuvers? Eg 3 team deal or anything?

Hmm….

Are there any players being taken into trade exceptions in the announced deals?

Trade one:  Hawks trade us Huerter for TPE, cash, #2

Trade two:  Hawks use new TPE to get Harkless, Holiday; we send Huerter to Sactown for nothing (top-55 #2)

I think the NBA would veto, though, since it’s cap circumventing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2022, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
We need a backup center, that's for sure. Unfortunately every free agent center left is cooked. Maybe Kabengele or Trevion Williams will have an impressive enough showing in summer league to earn the backup center spot, but unlikely.

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2022, 08:16:32 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I have a feeling Bryant is going to the Lakers if they get Kyrie. What’s taking him too long to decide haha!