Author Topic: Anybody own a Kia...  (Read 8833 times)

Re: Anybody own a Kia...
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 06:47:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
My first job was in the 80s at Toys R Us....building bicycles for customers...One day we got in this new import Bike called KIA (they moved on to build cars)---as I was trying to tighten the nuts and bolts on it, the pieces just broke off---inferior metals were used of course...I have stayed away from KIA products ever since.

Yeah, back in the 1990s and early 2000s, Kias were garbage.  So were Hyundais.

Now, they're seemingly the best of the mid-range vehicles.

History repeats itself...back in the 1970s and early 80s Toyota struggled to overcome that el cheapo, breaks easily image. Not just Toyota but Japanese automakers and goods in general. After decades of work they're now renowned as among the best manufacturers in the world, and the same with Korean automakers. You can do all the marketing in the world you want but end of day it has to be reliable and now it is. Just as Lexus was really that brand that acted as a the springboard for Toyota and Japanese automobiles, Genesis will likely end up doing the same for Hyundai and for Korean automakers in general.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2022, 10:05:37 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
My wife drives a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. Great SUV. Excellent turning range. More luxury than you pay for.

I always thought Kia produced cheaper, less reliable cars than Hyundai. But, who knows. 2013 was 9 years ago.

Bought a Hyundai last year and love it.  Was between that and Kia, and don’t regret my decision for a second.

What model did you go with?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2022, 03:47:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ordered my Kia Telluride on June 28.  They told me 7 or 8 months.  It will be in early next month.  Psyched!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 05:19:41 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Ordered my Kia Telluride on June 28.  They told me 7 or 8 months.  It will be in early next month.  Psyched!
You should’ve asked Blake if he can sell you one cheap. I’m sure he got several free from his advertising campaign. 😉

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2022, 05:57:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You should’ve asked Blake if he can sell you one cheap. I’m sure he got several free from his advertising campaign. 😉

I’ll remember not to bash him in case I need an upgrade.

I’d pay money to see somebody dunk on a Telluride, haha.  That’s a challenge for Prime Blake.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2022, 07:45:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have a 2018 Nissan Rogue SL. Absolutely love it. It's not a 3 row SUV but if you go for two row, I couldn't recommend more highly. If the Armada(their 8 seater with a V8)is as high of a quality as the Rogue, take a look at it.