Author Topic: Is Jaylen disgruntled?  (Read 19526 times)

Re: Is Jaylen disgruntled?
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 08:20:08 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Imagine how good Jaylen would be if he concentrated on basketball to the degree of Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant and Steph Curry.

He'd dedicate this off season to tightening that high, loose dribble in the paint that the NBA has learned to now take a swipe at, and reducing his turnovers. He'd also be watching game film trying to improve his game-eyes seeing the basketball court.   

Instead, he's always searching for an injustice taking place somewhere in racist America. Wether it's Black ownership in the NBA, or social equality issues in the black inner-cities, or perhaps why he's not the face of the Celtics and Jayson Tatum is. Surely he must feel it's a conspiracy of some kind?

The Celtics should be concentrating on the mire possibility, that if the Bucks didn't have their second best player sidelined, the C's may not have gotten to the finals this year at all. Let's all hope they are trying to fill holes on the team, instead of babysitting Jaylen Brown and his disgruntled feelings...because Jaylen will always be disgruntled about something.   

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2022, 08:27:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Celtics star “liked” a notable tweet on Sunday, just over a week after Boston fell to the Golden State Warriors in the Finals. The tweet read, “Jaylen Brown is so disrespected by Celtics fans.” You can see Brown’s “like,” which remains visible on his public page, here.oncern?

Give it a rest Jaylen.

This guy was great when he got to Boston as a rookie - he just wanted to play hard and win. But then he apparently got all caught up in being perceived as second fiddle to Tatum and all the media attention and fan gossip impacted him. Then he gets all caught up in the social justice issues. That's a good thing unless it leads you to believing in someone like Kyrie Irving, as well as taking all the conventional wisdom about racism and societal disparities at face value.

Most championship teams have a superstar talent and then a second & third best player who are crucial to success. If being one of the star supportive players is going to be a big problem for Brown, it will eventually destroy the team. Just hoping he can realize the great situation he is in and decides to simply do whatever the team needs from him to be successful.

Imagine how good Jaylen would be if he concentrated on basketball to the degree of Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant and Steph Curry.

He'd dedicate this off season to tightening that high, loose dribble in the paint that the NBA has learned to now take a swipe at, and reducing his turnovers. He'd also be watching game film trying to improve his game-eyes seeing the basketball court.   

Instead, he's always searching for an injustice taking place somewhere in racist America. Wether it's Black ownership in the NBA, or social equality issues in the black inner-cities, or perhaps why he's not the face of the Celtics and Jayson Tatum is. Surely he must feel it's a conspiracy of some kind?

The Celtics should be concentrating on the mire possibility, that if the Bucks didn't have their second best player sidelined, the C's may not have gotten to the finals this year at all. Let's all hope they are trying to fill holes on the team, instead of babysitting Jaylen Brown and his disgruntled feelings...because Jaylen will always be disgruntled about something.   

Maybe Jaylen has a point.

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2022, 08:27:56 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

This is complete BS.  JB has worked his tail off to become an all-star.  Don't assume you know what he does and doesn't do or think.

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2022, 10:26:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Brown has improved every year, save this last one and he was plagued by hamstring injuries all year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brownja02.html

Your statement does not bear up to scrutiny, in terms of basketball improvement.  Statistically, I think I have proven that his play has not suffered.

As for him being disgruntled a lot, he is trying to use his platform to evoke change.   He does a lot for the community.    I don't care for all the  comments, he makes, but he has a right to make them and they do not affect his play on the court to the amount you present.

With Middleton, I agree that we stood a good chance of not making the finals with him on the Bucks team.   I think that alone mandates we make some improvements

He was the best player for us on the floor  in the finals most games.

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2022, 10:39:47 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Agreed with the prior comments:  I don't think there's any evidence that JB doesn't concentrate on basketball.

Now, basketball isn't his singular focus, sure.  It's just his primary one.  To me, I think that's healthy.  Somebody can spend 10 hours per day in a gym and still have time to care about politics, or philosophy, or hobbies, or their family, etc., etc.  I don't expect any player's day to be confined to basketball, eating and sleeping.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2022, 11:10:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I remember a summer a few years back where Jaylen went on a tour of Europe and also had a vid go a bit viral of Jaylen stealing the ball from a couple of kids playing ball and dunked it.

Some here melted down complaining about Jaylen not taking his basketball seriously enough and that he wasn't working on his game or working out enough.

I'm pretty sure that was 2019 and Jaylen came back and scored 20 PPG the next season. His game improvement was easy to see.

But some have to weave these ideas about how they know how Jaylen thinks and feels, what he is doing, and what he prioritizes. All because, they just don't like the guy.

Athletes can do more than one thing at a time. They can travel, and work out, and take classes, and get involved with the NBPL, and have practices to work on ball skills and study film, and politic for social change and get better over the summer all during one summer.

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2022, 11:20:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Athletes can do more than one thing at a time. They can travel, and work out, and take classes, and get involved with the NBPL, and have practices to work on ball skills and study film, and politic for social change and get better over the summer all during one summer.

Yeah, but imagine how good Da Vinci's art could have been if he didn't waste time on engineering and science.  Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2022, 11:26:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The complaints about Jaylen not concentrating enough on bball / improvement and spending too much time on off-court activities are the same things guys like Shaquille O'Neal went through. Shaq was improving massively year-to-year early in his career as well but he was still getting criticized left and right for doing movies, making a rap album & whatever else he was up to.

This is standard course for young athletes who have publicly visible off-court interests. As far as I am concerned, I am alright so long as I see the player working hard on the floor and very happy if I see improvement  during off-seasons to boot. Jaylen clearly meets both of those requirements.

Ultimately, it was only in winning a Championship that stopped those criticisms of Shaq. And even then he still gets a small amount such as (reasonable) claims that he would've won more rings had he worked harder / been more focused on his bball career.

I do think there is some unreasonableness from both sides of the aisle on this one. On one hand, folks are clearly being too hard on Jaylen given his work ethic & improvement.

On the other hand, folks are not being understanding enough to those who are bothered by seeing Jaylen (or any player) not being totally concentrated on bball. Most fans would kill to play the sport they love for a living ... and to be a multi-millionaire several times over. Man, that would be amazing! When they see athletes not working as hard as they imagine they would in the same situation, it hurts them. They get annoyed. When they see the team they love and spend so much time and often money on, and then look at a player who is not as focused on the game as they want to see, they get annoyed. Fans want to see the dedication. If they don't see enough of that and see a player focused on other things, some fans get angsty.

This criticism is hard on Jaylen (and other players) but it is not all unreasonable either.

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2022, 04:37:14 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
If JB feels disrespected being included in trade ideas for players who are on the NBA 75th anniversary team, well, not sure what to say. That’s really not disrespect. That’s saying you’re in elite company at this point. I’ll never apologize for suggesting trading JB for Kawhi because Kawhi is one of my all-time favorite players and I know we would have won that title instead of Toronto. Same goes for suggesting we trade for KD recently. These are top five players and nobody gives up a top five player without getting at least one really, really good player in return. JB is that guy for us because obviously JT is untouchable/top ten now and maybe top five next year. 

JB is really good, top 25-20 and maybe someday top 15-10, but it’s doubtful he’s going to be on the NBA 100th anniversary team, unlike KD and Kawhi. I mean, unless he has a Jimmy Butler-like growth spurt in his late 20s. It’s possible. I have no doubt he’s an extremely hard worker—certainly a very thoughtful person who may be sensitive, which is why associating with Kyrie and Kanye concerns me when surely Bill Russell and Kevin Garnett would undoubtedly love to talk to him and mentor him. I’d love to see him win titles in Boston for years to come, and someday see us speak of him and JT like how we speak of KG and The Truth. I just think we’re more
likely to see that happen with JT/KD or JT/Klaw. We’ll see.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 04:49:38 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 05:07:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He has improved every year so there has to be work being done. Not every player becomes and all star so he is on the right track. And he should use every small negative or slight to fuel that improvement. So like every negative tweet. Keep fire going and the need to prove yourself.

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2022, 05:55:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think JB is disgruntled.  But he probably feels a little unappreciated by the fanbase.  He's the first name mentioned when a big trade idea is brought up.  But he should take it as a compliment, he's the best piece available on the roster in a trade outside of JT.

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2022, 06:08:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The Celtics star “liked” a notable tweet on Sunday, just over a week after Boston fell to the Golden State Warriors in the Finals. The tweet read, “Jaylen Brown is so disrespected by Celtics fans.” You can see Brown’s “like,” which remains visible on his public page, here.oncern?

Give it a rest Jaylen.

This guy was great when he got to Boston as a rookie - he just wanted to play hard and win. But then he apparently got all caught up in being perceived as second fiddle to Tatum and all the media attention and fan gossip impacted him. Then he gets all caught up in the social justice issues. That's a good thing unless it leads you to believing in someone like Kyrie Irving, as well as taking all the conventional wisdom about racism and societal disparities at face value.

Most championship teams have a superstar talent and then a second & third best player who are crucial to success. If being one of the star supportive players is going to be a big problem for Brown, it will eventually destroy the team. Just hoping he can realize the great situation he is in and decides to simply do whatever the team needs from him to be successful.

Maybe Jaylen has a point.
This is my feeling. He's a 25 year old all star, who has averaged 20+ for 3 straight seasons while playing very good defense and improving every year. And mostly I just hear people complain about him.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2022, 06:46:25 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I don’t think he’s thin skinned enough to care what fans think. It’s how the organization treats him that matters. It’s not like fans hate him. Perhaps he’s slightly undervalued by the fans, but to me that’s hardly reason to be disgruntled.

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2022, 07:18:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kyrie filling his head full of flat earth non sense…..screwing with his mind

Jaylen you must resist the dark side of Irving Vader

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2022, 07:20:55 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith