Author Topic: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)  (Read 16897 times)

Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)
« on: June 24, 2022, 08:17:31 AM »

Offline TatumsLebronsDad

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
I didn't see a thread on this so thought I'd make it;

If KD wants out of Brooklyn do you think the Celtics would be on his preferred list of destinations?

Would the Celtics be interested even if they were on his preferred list?

What would you be willing to give up if KD did want to in fact come to the Celtics?

Originally, I was okay with the idea of giving up Jaylen for KD, but then I realized this will be his age 34 season. The idea of trading a 25/26 year old star for a 34 year old player (even if it is KD) just doesn't sit well with me.

Lets say right now Jaylen is a top 20ish player. KD is hands down a top 5 player right now, what happens if we start to see regression from KD and continued improvement from JB? I don't like the idea of possibly only getting a couple great or fantastic years from a player in exchange for possibly 6 - 8 years of a top 15 player at his peak.

Outside of the Jays I would be willing to part with whatever else it takes, even if it means Rob, Smart, and White + picks. I think a team with KD, Jayson, Jaylen, and Horford can still get it done, I think that's a much better team than Brooklyn ever was just because the defense would still be much better even without Rob and Smart.

Anyways what are your takes on the possibility of a Summer of Durant Part II?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:09:17 PM by Roy H. »

Re: Summer of Durant Part II?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 08:23:18 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I read on Twitter that Durant has four preferred desitnations, one is Boston:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentralI/status/1540065578861449217?s=20&t=C3hG1V5irxAmRYntjm9omQ
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 08:24:47 AM »

Offline TatumsLebronsDad

• Jaden Springer

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentralI/status/1540065578861449217?s=20&t=C3hG1V5irxAmRYntjm9omQ

Fake tweet man, if you look in the twitter bio it says "Parody account of NBA Central"

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 08:26:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Unless Brown or Tatum is the centerpiece, Brooklyn doesn't even answer the phone.  I wouldn't trade Tatum, but I'd trade Brown for Durant (if he wanted to be here) and wouldn't give it a second thought.  The real question is how much beyond Brown is it going to take.

I'd do something like this without much issue

Brown, Theis, Grant, Nesmith, 23 1st

for

Durant

It becomes trickier if they want someone like Smart or White instead of Theis for the dollars.  I may do White if it brought back Curry and we could keep Grant

so

Brown, White, Nesmith, 23 1st

for

Durant, Curry

I'd be ok with either of those if Durant was comfortable being here.  I might even throw in another future protected 1st to get it done.  The idea of Durant and Tatum while keeping Smart, Rob, and Horford is just super appealing.  Clear and heavy title favorites for the next couple of seasons.  And this is coming from a guy that can't stand Durant (as he is known publicly) 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 08:30:01 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Fake tweet man, if you look in the twitter bio it says "Parody account of NBA Central"

Ouch, saw the "via Shams" and thought it was a re-quote.. 

should have dug deeper.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 08:38:19 AM »

Offline TatumsLebronsDad

• Jaden Springer

Ouch, saw the "via Shams" and thought it was a re-quote.. 

should have dug deeper.

I think it's safe to assume that if Durant does give a list of teams he'd want to go to I think the Celtics would be somewhere on that list. We were one of his 3 final choices in 2016, and are in a much better state now than we even were then. So I think it's safe to assume he'd add us to his list, where on that list however is completely up for debate.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 08:46:58 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I am not buying this.  I think both Durant and the Nets are going to see how the whole Kyrie thing works out and then see where things stand.  I do not foresee the Nets trading Durant anytime soon, if at all.  Durant may elect to sit out, I doubt it but it is possible.  In any case, I think it is unlikely that Durant gets traded at all and if he does, it won't be until well into the season.

I hope the Celtics are not being distracted by this.  They need to find a good vet wing and bring him in with a TPE.  Then maybe some PF depth.  Let others get caught up in this circus.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 11:34:19 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'd love to bring in Durant but given how close this team came to winning it all last year, I don't really want to break up the core 4 to get him. And if none of those 4 are on the table, I don't think Brooklyn takes the call. So that's where I'm at.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 02:09:03 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Lets say right now Jaylen is a top 20ish player. KD is hands down a top 5 player right now, what happens if we start to see regression from KD and continued improvement from JB? I don't like the idea of possibly only getting a couple great or fantastic years from a player in exchange for possibly 6 - 8 years of a top 15 player at his peak.

This is along the same line of thought that led to us not trading JB/Irving for Kawhi back in 2018, which probably would have resulted in us winning the title instead of Toronto. Except it’s more dangerous because at least we had Brown on a rookie contract with subsequent RFA rights.

Top 5 players rarely become available. KD’s game does not rely on athleticism. If KD becomes available and we can get him for JB, Theis and picks, of course we do that deal because that deal means a title or perhaps more. We saw earlier this month what we get with JB in the Finals after he changed his representation to Kayne West to start the Finals (and don’t know what to tell you if you think Kanye and Co. are going to advise JB to stay in Boston). Let’s not kid ourselves about him becoming a top five player. Let’s not kid ourselves that he’s guaranteed to stay here beyond his current contract that only has two seasons left. Forgetting the latter fact is the biggest thing to keep in mind. He walks and we get nothing for him, we’re screwed because JT probably leaves the following season. In contrast, move him for KD, who’s buddies with Horford, and win a title and have KD commit the rest of his career to here so we can win more titles. Yeah, JT is not walking away from that legacy, the legacy of being the clear successor to KD while winning titles with KD. That’s exciting to imagine. I’d rather bet on that than bet on JB staying here after carefully consulting with Kanye West, Mr. LA himself…

I’ve been warning people for years to not become too fond of JB because he’s not going to commit here beyond this contract. They said I was mad suggesting he’d go to LA. Well, the Kanye thing is even more evidence of what we’re heading towards if we do not deal JB…
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 02:19:23 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 02:27:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
If we don't trade for Durant, I like Miami's offer of Tyler Herro and cap makeweights like Lowry or Duncan Robinson.

Miami = Jimmy + Durant + Bam

That would be a fearsome team to go up against next season.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 02:28:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I was wondering if the Bulls would go after Durant. They'd want to keep DeRozan and probably LaVine so the offer would be more about Lonzo Ball and picks.

PG: Caruso
SG: LaVine
SF: DeRozan
PF: Durant
 C: Vucevic

That would be an amazing team. Huge amount of firepower.

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 02:31:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Denver should make a run at Durant. Put Micheal Porter Jr on the table. Put Durant next to Jokic. Keep Murray as your playmaker. That team would be insane.

G: Jamal Murray
G:
F: Kevin Durant
F: Aaron Gordon
C: Nikola Jokic

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2022, 02:36:17 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
My biggest issue with KD talk is assuming the Nets will deal him. Nets still need to address the Simmons and Irving situations before they deal KD. I could see Clippers pulling the trigger as PG13 and Kawhi seem jinxed. They could do

Iving and Simmons for PG13, Powell and Covington.

Does KD walk away from,
Curry, Powell, PG13, KD, Claxton
Mills, Brown, Harris, Covington

Clippers roll with
Irving, Simmons, Kawhi, Morris, Zubac
Reggie, Kenard, Batum, (MLE)

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 02:36:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I wonder if Memphis would break up their team to land Durant and pair him with Morant. That would be an incredible duo. Like a better Russell Westbrook.

I wonder if they'd be willing to part with Jaren Jackson. If they were, that would give them a very strong offer. I also wonder if BKN would consider an alternate offer of Steven Adams, Dillon Brooks, Bane, maybe B.Clarke, multiple future picks. If they would be able to hold onto JJJ and keep him to pair with Durant and Morant.

Durant and Morant = gotta make that happen.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 02:43:07 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Wow, how about Ingram for Durant?

CJ McCollum at guard. Durant and Zion at forward. Valanciunas at center. Go all out for a Championship around those three stars and Jonas.