Author Topic: How to get Bradley Beal??  (Read 4718 times)

Re: How to get Bradley Beal??
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 05:01:02 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
My understanding is that beal opting out pretty much closes the door on the possibility because we would need a sign and trade and that would hard cap the team.  It may (or may not) be possible theoretically but in that theory, the team is mostly gutted.  So not worth it or even realistic.

This doesn’t make sense for either side. Why would Washington want to let him walk for nothing vs agreeing to a sign+trade? Also, there are no contending teams that I can see under the salary cap for Beal to sign with. Doesn’t add up.
Where is Washington letting him walk?  As far as I can tell, he's opting out so they can resign him?

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 05:21:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
My understanding is that beal opting out pretty much closes the door on the possibility because we would need a sign and trade and that would hard cap the team.  It may (or may not) be possible theoretically but in that theory, the team is mostly gutted.  So not worth it or even realistic.

This doesn’t make sense for either side. Why would Washington want to let him walk for nothing vs agreeing to a sign+trade? Also, there are no contending teams that I can see under the salary cap for Beal to sign with. Doesn’t add up.
Where is Washington letting him walk?  As far as I can tell, he's opting out so they can resign him?

People seem to be stating this in ways that aren't always clear.

Washington can do a regular trade of him with any team that can match salaries if he opts in to the final year of his current contract.  The team receiving Beal would have to match salary but they would not be subject to the hard cap.  This would have to be a thing where Beal and his agent have a trade lined up and go to Washington and say I am opting in but only if you agree to this trade, or otherwise have this all prearranged.  The Celtics could do this type of trade but likely would send out Horford + more (maybe Smart).

The other way to do this is if Beal does not opt in and he is a UFA.  In this case, Washington can agree to a sign and trade if they so choose but the team receiving Beal would be subjected to a hard cap.  Any team that is already over the tax line would not be able to do a sign and trade.  This is the case for the Celtics. 

This is why people are saying that if he does officially opt out, the Celtics are essentially out of the running as are most contending teams.  But if he opts in, the Celtics could be over tax line and still do a regular trade, so long as the salaries match up.

Based on reports, Beal is opting out and wants a new contract which is most likely to come from Washington.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 05:23:58 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

This is from earlier today. Doesn’t sound like someone planning to stick around. He ain’t winning anything in Washington, that’s for [dang] sure.

@TheNBACentral
“My biggest fear is that I walk away from the game without giving myself a chance to win.”

- Bradley Beal
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

This is from earlier today. Doesn’t sound like someone planning to stick around. He ain’t winning anything in Washington, that’s for [dang] sure.

@TheNBACentral
“My biggest fear is that I walk away from the game without giving myself a chance to win.”

- Bradley Beal

Sounds like KG situation all over again. How do we get him without Brown going back? Smart is more valuable to this team than many realize too. I have a bad feeling Sixers are planning to try and get him.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2022, 05:59:04 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

@TheNBACentral

- Bradley Beal

Sounds like KG situation all over again. How do we get him without Brown going back? Smart is more valuable to this team than many realize too. I have a bad feeling Sixers are planning to try and get him.

I love Smart but I think White would be a very good replacement. If you could get Beal without giving up Tatum, Brown, and R. Williams, you probably have to do it, whatever the cost.

I just don’t see what kind of package the Celtics could put together without any top tier prospects or lottery picks to offer.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 06:06:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

@TheNBACentral

- Bradley Beal

I love Smart but I think White would be a very good replacement. If you could get Beal without giving up Tatum, Brown, and R. Williams, you probably have to do it, whatever the cost.

I just don’t see what kind of package the Celtics could put together without any top tier prospects or lottery picks to offer.

Yeah, I guess you would but losing our main heart could be tough unless  another grows to that level .

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 06:19:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

@TheNBACentral

- Bradley Beal

Might be a reason Boston is trying to get into the first round. Either they are moving existing players or they need picks to make  a deal work.

If beal wants to win, There are about 8 teams that could snag him that would either get him closer or right there.

Atlanta- They have young pieces that Wash would like to kick start the rebuild, but does Beal make Atl better? Maybe not, Not sure Young and Beal work well together.

Miami- They dont really have the contracts that would work, Hero and Robinson are the biggest adding up to 20 mil, They'd have to move Lowery, not sure who would take him.

Phili- Harden may resign and Harris contract is a year away from being tradable for cap relief in the next season.

Dallas- They have contracts, but lots of years on them, and two of the players are formers. But Beal would work well there if they figured it out. 

Denver- Gordan and Porter and some pieces? Not sure he and Murry work but I could see Denver pulling that trigger, or the Joker may want out sooner than later.

Phx- They may have the best piece to build a trade around, Beal couldn't get his supemax this summer(I don't think) but Ayton in a sign and trade would be really good for Wash if it works under the rules. But I don't know if Brooker could play SF, they'll be a little small and weak on D.

Boston- Bostons biggest asset is Tatum being here,but not a lot of high want pieces, Might have to get a third team involved, but I think you can do it with out moving Smart, but the bench would be thin. But if you pull it off, there will be guys willing to sign smaller contracts just for a chance at a ring.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 06:46:22 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

@TheNBACentral

- Bradley Beal

Well, if he wants to come to Boston he basically needs to opt in.  If he opts out, then what choices does he have to win in an outright signing?  I'm not saying there isn't one, just want to know.

If there are no such options, then beal is rather stuck.  He can sign with a bad team for less money than he would get in Wash (and what's the point of that?).  He act up in an effort to force a trade but we saw that with harden and davis, yet in all cases (Houston and NJ and NO) the former team still got a reasonably fair return.  In other words, Wash ain't giving Beal away so people need to stop thinking that will be the case.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 06:47:37 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

People seem to be stating this in ways that aren't always clear.

Washington can do a regular trade of him with any team that can match salaries if he opts in to the final year of his current contract.  The team receiving Beal would have to match salary but they would not be subject to the hard cap.  This would have to be a thing where Beal and his agent have a trade lined up and go to Washington and say I am opting in but only if you agree to this trade, or otherwise have this all prearranged.  The Celtics could do this type of trade but likely would send out Horford + more (maybe Smart).

The other way to do this is if Beal does not opt in and he is a UFA.  In this case, Washington can agree to a sign and trade if they so choose but the team receiving Beal would be subjected to a hard cap.  Any team that is already over the tax line would not be able to do a sign and trade.  This is the case for the Celtics. 

This is why people are saying that if he does officially opt out, the Celtics are essentially out of the running as are most contending teams.  But if he opts in, the Celtics could be over tax line and still do a regular trade, so long as the salaries match up.

Based on reports, Beal is opting out and wants a new contract which is most likely to come from Washington.
No, yeah, I get all that.  One thing I do find curious about your post is the idea of Beal opting and and getting other offers.  I'm pretty sure that's called tampering. 

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2022, 07:41:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Sneak in very very quietly at night  :)

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 07:43:24 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

Shhhhhhhhh...

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 08:03:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Haha  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 10:22:10 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
If he is opting out and resigns with Washington on a new contract then he stays in Washington correct?

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 10:23:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
This feels like the Gordan Hayward sweepstakes of 2017.

I sense fireworks coming this summer!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2022, 11:06:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't want Beal.