Author Topic: Summer League 2022  (Read 11424 times)

Summer League 2022
« on: June 21, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Assistant general manager Austin Ainge told the Globe on Tuesday that five players from Boston’s NBA Finals roster are expected to join the summer league squad, including Sam Hauser, Malik Fitts, Juwan Morgan and two-way contract players Brodric Thomas and Matt Ryan.

Also, Ainge said that 2020 second-round pick Yam Madar and 2021 second-round pick Juhann Begarin will be on the team. Madar, a 6-3 point guard, averaged 7.5 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Serbian club KK Partizan this season

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Summer League 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 03:01:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Assistant general manager Austin Ainge told the Globe on Tuesday that five players from Boston’s NBA Finals roster are expected to join the summer league squad, including Sam Hauser, Malik Fitts, Juwan Morgan and two-way contract players Brodric Thomas and Matt Ryan.

Also, Ainge said that 2020 second-round pick Yam Madar and 2021 second-round pick Juhann Begarin will be on the team. Madar, a 6-3 point guard, averaged 7.5 points and 2.4 assists per game for the Serbian club KK Partizan this season

I'm excited to see a healthy Bam as well as what Bergarin has developed into. I hope Thomas and Hauser are also on that squad.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 03:06:00 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I'm excited to see a healthy Bam as well as what Bergarin has developed into. I hope Thomas and Hauser are also on that squad.

I wish we had Bam on our summer league team.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 03:21:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Yam... LOL

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 04:46:12 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yam... LOL
Glad somebody started this thread, it's only a few weeks away.  Wonder if draft picks will join.

I like our squad. Five EC champs and two Euros (so far).   ;D

Some questions: Has Yam put on some muscle?  Can Begarin harness his athleticism?

Summer League.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 10:11:43 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
This will be a chance for some of these guys to play for their NBA lives. I'm expecting the Celtics to sign more vets for the bench. So only a couple of these guys will make the team:

Sam Hauser
Yam Madar
Juhann Begarin
Malik Fitts
Juwan Morgan
Matt Ryan
Brodric Thomas
Aaron Nesmith (TBD)

I'm most interested to watch Hauser, Madar, Begarin, and Thomas. Nesmith would do himself some good if he came out for these games.

Re: Summer League.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 10:21:44 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Nesmith better be playing in the summer league. He needs as much in game experience as possible. If Aaron doesn’t make a year 3 jump he’s likely a bust.

I’m interested to see Beragrin and Madar.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 10:26:55 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I'd love to see John Butler on this Summer League team. It would be fun to watch.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2022, 11:50:35 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
If i was Nesmith i would play but I understand. looking forward to Sam, And Thomas.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 12:19:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Juhann Begarin in 2021-22 LNB Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofo4fvJp8VE

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I think they like Fitts. He's got a lot of raw potential. Big, strong, big wingspan, good athleticism. He's tenacious on defense and not completely hopeless on offense.

I'm hoping he can become a rotation player next year. Begarin is the other one I'm watching.

Hauser and Ryan - we know what they need to do to make the team.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 12:28:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 09:02:50 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
If i was Nesmith i would play but I understand. looking forward to Sam, And Thomas.

Crazy to not play, having hardly played throughout the year. Get out there and dominate.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:28 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think they like Fitts. He's got a lot of raw potential. Big, strong, big wingspan, good athleticism. He's tenacious on defense and not completely hopeless on offense.

I'm hoping he can become a rotation player next year. Begarin is the other one I'm watching.

Hauser and Ryan - we know what they need to do to make the team.
seriously?  if this team needs him as a rotation player we're in serious trouble.  Currently, there's at least 10 other guys ahead of him on the depth chart and most likely 11 with Hauser.   

I'm hoping the C's add 2-3 good vets to the bench to push the current bench rotation down a few slots in the pecking order such that guys like Fitts are earning paychecks elsewhere.  nothing against Fitts but this team is lacking bench production and Fitts is extremely unlikely to address that issue