Author Topic: How are we feeling heading into game 6?  (Read 7002 times)

Re: How are we feeling heading into game 6?
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2022, 03:16:07 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Aside from health, my only worry is shot randomness.  The Heat aren't a good shooting team, but they'll still jack up threes.  If those randomly go in at a high rate, as sometimes happens despite defensive efforts, the Celtics could lose even if they otherwise play well.  Shooting 40% instead of 30% for a night could be worth 10-12 points.
I'm scared to death.

This is one of the reasons. Miami is 29% from 3 in this series and 38% in the regular season.
They had Tucker, Martin, Struss, and Herro at 40%
Dedmon and Olidipo over 40% on limited attempts.
Lowry, Robinson, and Vincent are capable of going off.

I'm also worried about a FTA discrepancy make up game. Who are the ref's?

Refs aren’t announced until tomorrow morning, but Scott Foster had the Warriors-Mavs game tonight, so he’s out.

Also, the refs already have an uneven whistle.  The Heat just commit so many fouls it’s hard for them to even it all the way.
I don't disagree with any of this.

It's been a series of runs.
If a Miami player or two gets hot, and we can't break the run due to swallowed whistles, that's Miami's recipe.
I don't want to see a Game 7.

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
Aside from health, my only worry is shot randomness.  The Heat aren't a good shooting team, but they'll still jack up threes.  If those randomly go in at a high rate, as sometimes happens despite defensive efforts, the Celtics could lose even if they otherwise play well.  Shooting 40% instead of 30% for a night could be worth 10-12 points.

This!  If I'm Spoelstra I throw every offensive weapon at the Celts that I can.

Starters:
Vincent
Herro (if healthy)
Butler
Tucker
Bam

Bring in Robinson and Oladipo as soon as possible.

Only use Lowry, Struss, and others for spot minutes.

Go for steals, get Herro and Robinson to shoot at least 15 threes each.  And Vincent at least 10.

Butler should be a decoy/setup man unless he somehow gets it together.

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2022, 03:52:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I think we're screwed if this goes to Game 7. Gives Miami momentum and morale boost, with the home crowd roaring on their back again

C's need to close them out tomorrow night. Let's see if the consistency issue will be fixed. Treat every game like Game 7.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2022, 03:56:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I think we're screwed if this goes to Game 7. Gives Miami momentum and morale boost, with the home crowd roaring on their back again

C's need to close them out tomorrow night. Let's see if the consistency issue will be fixed. Treat every game like Game 7.

Yeah I feel the same way. I also am reminded of how the 2012 ECF went. Yes, different eras, roster, etc. But some parallels can be drawn from it. Got to have to that killer mentality and bring it tomorrow night at Boston
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2022, 04:12:02 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

Yeah I feel the same way. I also am reminded of how the 2012 ECF went. Yes, different eras, roster, etc. But some parallels can be drawn from it. Got to have to that killer mentality and bring it tomorrow night at Boston

James, Bosh and Wade are not walking through that door.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

James, Bosh and Wade are not walking through that door.
Hopefully not James, Jeff Green, and J.R.Smith either.

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2022, 05:53:14 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
I’m at ease.

The Heat are stepping on the accelerator and finding out that there’s no gas in the tank. The Celtics have taken full control of the series with their defense, offense, pace, ECF schedule, and the Heat’s offensive style of play all playing a part.

Our team excels against Miami’s jump shooting dependent offense with only one excellent isolation player (who’s not reliable every game) and it only gets tougher for the opponent the longer a series wears on.

Their success came in 2 great quarters reliant on aggressively pressuring the ball handler and jumping passing lanes on defense AND having to run in transition on offense. If the Heat have to run in transition to score efficiently against us, they’re done. Even if they have a quarter in them, they’ll spend all their bullets and give up whatever lead they get.

This series is over.

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2022, 05:57:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Celtics smell blood and I think will put the heat away at home. They learned from game 3 not to take anything for granted.

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2022, 06:08:15 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Has anyone figured out why Bam refuses to take the open 12 foot jump shots we are giving him? We are literally leaving his man in the restricted area, and he doesn't even look at the rim. It is mystifying to me. I feel like he has absolutely had that shot in his arsenal in the past.

He shot 40% his year from 10-16. 41% for his career.

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2022, 06:11:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2022, 06:16:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Crowd? Hahahaha.

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Same here. I think it’ll be a JT signature all around game.

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2022, 07:56:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Pretty, pretty good.

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2022, 08:01:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Crowd? Hahahaha.

I mean, they'll be there from midway through the second to the early fourth.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2022, 08:05:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The thought of Larry Bird being in attendance to hand the ECF MVP trophy is making me feel hype!

How awesome would that be
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller